V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 3, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #5,838 of 23,366
I'm sure you guys will be very impressed. I'm usually more of a black headphone kind of person but got the white pearl M-80s to mix it up - of all the cans I have and all the white headphones I have ever seen, they are the classiest IMO.

I'm very enamoured with my white headphones, but they're more balanced between white with black trim and a color accent than VTF-100 White/Chrome/Grey look. I'm not saying one is better, but two different attractive/modern executions :wink:

I wouldn't feel tacky wearing them out and about, except that mine are huge and have an obnoxious-length cord.

Sep 3, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #5,839 of 23,366
I have a feeling these white headphones would get dirty if I touched them with art charcoal hands, even if they are dirt resistant. Either way, I didn't that and got the shadow scheme. 

Sep 3, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #5,842 of 23,366
Quote:
If I was working with charcoal, I would be concerned with driver damage... And would probably stick to KSC75s. Or speakers.

Driver damage? How does charcoal damage it?

Sep 3, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #5,844 of 23,366
Quote:

I've never seen a more solid looking headphone in my life. Those look DURABLE.

The new Sennheiser headphone actually looks way more solid/durable than the M-100. Aluminum headband adjustor, real leather headband and earcups, glass fiber-reinforced plastic earcups.

Not to mention how durable/solid-looking the new Sony MDR-1 looks too

Sep 3, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #5,845 of 23,366
Quote:

The new Sennheiser headphone actually looks way more solid/durable than the M-100. Aluminum headband adjustor, real leather headband and earcups, glass fiber-reinforced plastic earcups.

Agreed - it'll be cool to see which wins

Sep 3, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #5,846 of 23,366
Quote:

No offense, but those Senns looks so thin you'll be able to bend the aluminium and the Sony's must be all plastic? 
My M80's got ran over by a car and don't have a dent on them, just saying.

Sep 3, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #5,850 of 23,366
No offense, but those Senns looks so thin you'll be able to bend the aluminium and the Sony's must be all plastic? 
My M80's got ran over by a car and don't have a dent on them, just saying.

Well the aluminum on the V-MODA's looks pretty thin too, maybe comparable in thickness to the Momentum. V-MODA's parts are bent on the other hand, whereas the the Momentum is pretty much flat. The bent metal may or may not help the headphone's integrity as it's being strained. I'm not a mechanical engineer though so I wouldn't have a clue, hahahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back