V-MODA Forza Series: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 22, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #227 of 293
Apr 27, 2017 at 2:37 AM Post #228 of 293
So anyone got these in hand yet? What's the verdict? Not showing up on Amazon UK yet. Quite annoying. Just want to hear for myself whether they've been worth the wait, if so great, if not Sennheiser Momentum wireless it is.

Apr 28, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #229 of 293
So anyone got these in hand yet? What's the verdict? Not showing up on Amazon UK yet. Quite annoying. Just want to hear for myself whether they've been worth the wait, if so great, if not Sennheiser Momentum wireless it is.

I'd have to say they definitely were worth the wait. I've been comparing these to the Beats X for the past week or so. Outside of the form factor, the Forza is the clear winner, especially when it comes to the sound. They sound extremely balanced and engaging...way more so than the Beats X. The only real complaint I have is the little neck thing...it really just doesn't fit me perfectly and it moves around a bit too much for my liking. I realize that fit is a personal thing so I definitely wouldn't dissuade anyone from purchasing them based on my weird back/neck.

Apr 28, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #230 of 293
@dbdynsty25
Do you have either the Forza or Forza Metallo? Both the Head-Fi announcement video and Dale Thorn's written/video reviews have said the FMW sound better than the wired versions. I would like to impressions from others who have heard both.

Apr 28, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #231 of 293
@dbdynsty25
Do you have either the Forza or Forza Metallo? Both the Head-Fi announcement video and Dale Thorn's written/video reviews have said the FMW sound better than the wired versions. I would like to impressions from others who have heard both.

Yes, I have compared it to the Metallo and to me they are very similar. I probably couldn't tell the difference between the two if they were just inserted in my ears for me and I had to blindly test.

May 2, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #232 of 293
Just got mine from Amazon/Adorama. Tried to buy direct from V-Moda but their website stinks and I couldn't check out. In any event, these are pretty kick a$$. Running these with my S8 plus and the sound is amazing. I've gone through just about every BT iem on the market from the Jaybirds, to Bose to Beoplay. These sound better than all of them. I am really fond of the bose soundsports and these are just a bit better. The Beoplay H5 had great sound but terrible fit. These sound better. In fact, I think these may sound almost as good as my RHA T20s but I need to do a bit of back and forth. I would put the sound signature as close to the Soundsports. There is some low end boost but it's not overdone. The high end sparkles compared to Beats X. I'm not sold on the form factor yet but they seem less annoying than the Beats X because the cable is much thinner. Not sure how I feel about the space ring in the back. Fine for the office but I would like to be able to use these in the gym too.

I feel comfortable crowning these as the best BT IEMs available. Hopefully they will hold up to some gym use. The wait was annoying but these were worth it.

May 2, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #233 of 293
I ordered mine last night and even though I will be using with my i-phone and AAC is not supported by these I am excited to see how they sound in comparison to my RHB bluetooth in ears. The RHB's crushed the Beatx by a wide margin sound wise but conductivity is not very good with the RHB compared to the Beatx. Titdal high fi worked great when streaming on my home network but using Sprint not so good the RHB's skip constantly so I am hopeful for better results with the V-Moda units on the way.

May 2, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #234 of 293
Sorry to hear that about the RBH, I haven't had any issues with connectivity with mine. You might email them as I've found their customer service to be very good. The VModas beat the RBH for sound quality but I don't think it's a night and day difference. The key difference to me is in the treble and clarity where these VModas really shine. As to which is better overall, probably depends on what you think of the form factor of the VModas. I really wish the space ring/trap thing wasn't there.

May 2, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #235 of 293
I have an I-phone and sprint service, I believe it is the phone or my service with Sprint not the RBH's but I will give customer care a call per your suggestion thanks.

May 2, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #236 of 293
Not sure where to ask this so I'll try here. Is there any benefit to using tidal hi fi over bt as compared to apple or Google music? Should tidal also sound better over bt?

May 2, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #237 of 293
Not sure where to ask this so I'll try here. Is there any benefit to using tidal hi fi over bt as compared to apple or Google music? Should tidal also sound better over bt?
If you're using apt-X then the answer is yes. apt-X streams at near CD-quality. You could always try it and see if you notice the difference.

May 2, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #238 of 293
Thanks. I immediately noticed the difference over tidal but wasn't sure if it was placebo. Clarity in particular is much improved. So it's the combination of tidal and aptx. It's pretty awesome.

May 6, 2017 at 2:02 AM Post #239 of 293
If you're using apt-X then the answer is yes. apt-X streams at near CD-quality. You could always try it and see if you notice the difference.

That's all hype. aptX won't sound as good as Apple Music or Google Play with a wire, let alone have a difference streaming Tidal hi-fi.

May 6, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #240 of 293
That's all hype. aptX won't sound as good as Apple Music or Google Play with a wire, let alone have a difference streaming Tidal hi-fi.
I don't have AAC to test, but apt-X on my phone certainly sounds better than SBC on my laptop. It's not a night and day difference, but it's easily noticeable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back