V-MODA Forza Series: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 22, 2017 at 2:34 AM Post #215 of 293
Got my Forza Wireless today after waiting months and months for them to release and I gotta say, rather impressive first impressions.  Thought I'd hate the neck strap thing, but it fits well and doesn't move around too much.  One thing I found is that I like to wear them over ear, which takes up any slack in the lines.  Obviously they are a touch long for a shorter guy like myself (5'9")...but if I wear them over ear, that's gone.  That's how I prefer to wear in ear headphones anyway so it works out well.

Sound wise, they are fantastic.  The only other wireless in ear I've tried for any amount of time is my daily driver currently the Beats X.  Was never that impressed with the X sound wise, but they are really comfortable for gym use.  I have a feeling these FW are gonna surpass them.  Comfort is about equal and the sound quality is quite a bit more refined and accurate in comparison.

Apr 22, 2017 at 2:46 AM Post #216 of 293
  Got my Forza Wireless today after waiting months and months for them to release and I gotta say, rather impressive first impressions.  Thought I'd hate the neck strap thing, but it fits well and doesn't move around too much.  One thing I found is that I like to wear them over ear, which takes up any slack in the lines.  Obviously they are a touch long for a shorter guy like myself (5'9")...but if I wear them over ear, that's gone.  That's how I prefer to wear in ear headphones anyway so it works out well.

Sound wise, they are fantastic.  The only other wireless in ear I've tried for any amount of time is my daily driver currently the Beats X.  Was never that impressed with the X sound wise, but they are really comfortable for gym use.  I have a feeling these FW are gonna surpass them.  Comfort is about equal and the sound quality is quite a bit more refined and accurate in comparison.

You're the first to get it anywhere I've seen(!) so two questions:

Which devices are you using it with?

&

Do you notice any cable noise from the wire rubbing against clothes or while moving around?

Apr 22, 2017 at 2:50 AM Post #217 of 293

You're the first to get it anywhere I've seen(!) so two questions:

Which devices are you using it with?

&

Do you notice any cable noise from the wire rubbing against clothes or while moving around?

Currently just my Galaxy S8...I mean I've only been listening for a few hours.  I'll end up hooking them up to my iPad Pro 9.7 as well eventually.

No noise walking around the house or just sitting on my couch...I'll have to take them to the gym to run this weekend sometime and I will report back.  There is a little noise w/ the X...the cables are thicker on the X so it's not really surprising.  Here's a comparison pic, and proof I've got em.  :)

Apr 22, 2017 at 2:53 AM Post #218 of 293

Currently just my Galaxy S8...I mean I've only been listening for a few hours.  I'll end up hooking them up to my iPad Pro 9.7 as well eventually.

No noise walking around the house or just sitting on my couch...I'll have to take them to the gym to run this weekend sometime and I will report back.  There is a little noise w/ the X...the cables are thicker on the X so it's not really surprising.  Here's a comparison pic, and proof I've got em.  :)

A bit surprised to see you re-purchased the BeatsX. Definitely looking forward to your sound comparison, especially from the iPad Pro!

Apr 22, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #219 of 293

A bit surprised to see you re-purchased the BeatsX. Definitely looking forward to your sound comparison, especially from the iPad Pro!

I already know the Forza sounds better than the X.  The X just feels congested and muddy in comparison.  It's obvious to me just going back on forth on the S8.  I don't think my general use case will be with the iPad...because I've got wired options w/ amps for sitting around with the big iPad.  Plus I'd probably be using the Crossfade 2 Wireless at home...I just prefer full sized.  My wireless use is going to be at the gym mostly w/ my phone.

Apr 22, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #220 of 293

I already know the Forza sounds better than the X.  The X just feels congested and muddy in comparison.  It's obvious to me just going back on forth on the S8.  I don't think my general use case will be with the iPad...because I've got wired options w/ amps for sitting around with the big iPad.  Plus I'd probably be using the Crossfade 2 Wireless at home...I just prefer full sized.  My wireless use is going to be at the gym mostly w/ my phone.

Good to see some feedback on these.  I've had them in my cart a few times but have held off pulling the trigger hoping to get some feedback first.  I'm a little put off by the form factor with those super long wires.  I had beats x too and hated the wire and these look longer.  Maybe they lay better than the Beats?  Obviously sound quality is the big differentiator.  I did not like the muddy qualities of the Beats.  Seemed to be decent at best with very little high end sparkle.  Glad to hear these sound better although I expected them too.  Keep the feedback coming.  Is the fit stable?  

Apr 22, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #221 of 293

Out of curiosity, what don't you like about the neck strap? It does seem a little bulky but not nearly as much as Klipsch's recent wireless in-ear offerings.

Apr 22, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #222 of 293
Beats X are on sale at Best Buy for $99. All colors.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/sol5684-beats-x

Apr 22, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #223 of 293
great after I just ordered the Beatx from Amazon...Ordered and cancelled five minutes later and Amazon said no dice too late! refuse shipment or return...I love amazon but really five minutes after order and no cancel and no price match..

Apr 22, 2017 at 7:53 PM Post #224 of 293
great after I just ordered the Beatx from Amazon...Ordered and cancelled five minutes later and Amazon said no dice too late! refuse shipment or return...I love amazon but really five minutes after order and no cancel and no price match..

Do the customer service chat...they'll refund the difference.  Send em the Best Buy link.  Easy.

Apr 22, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #225 of 293
  Out of curiosity, what don't you like about the neck strap? It does seem a little bulky but not nearly as much as Klipsch's recent wireless in-ear offerings.

Just don't like how bulky it is compared to the Beats X...but after using them for most of last night I think it'll be alright.  Gotta hit the gym with them this weekend.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back