V-MODA Forza Series: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 4, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #181 of 293
Bah...  Well, it's too little, too late for me.  I have a pair of BeatsX (after using the JayBird X3's for one day) and they work fine for me.  Even if their audio quality isn't the best, they retain a solid connection to my phone just like the Solo 3's.  Audio quality is something I'm willing to take a hit on if it means not having to hear constant skips and pauses because the headphones can't maintain a connection to my devices.

Unless these come out and are able to outshine the BeatsX in every, single, way, I'm going to stick with what I have.

Apr 4, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #182 of 293
Of the recently recommended alternatives to the who knows when to be released Forza which has the best BT conductivity with Apple I-phone 6?? If the Blue tooth is flaky with conductivity I may as well stick with a wired pair of IE monitors.

Apr 4, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #183 of 293
Of the recently recommended alternatives to the who knows when to be released Forza which has the best BT conductivity with Apple I-phone 6?? If the Blue tooth is flaky with conductivity I may as well stick with a wired pair of IE monitors.

I would say that the Beats earbuds (either BeatsX or PowerBeats 3) would be best with an iPhone.  They are easy to pair and will automatically pair to other Apple devices using your iCloud account.  They also have a Class 1 Bluetooth chip which fully works with non-Apple devices just fine.  You don't get the pairing benefit but you still get the benefit of the increased range.  People have reported that the JayBird X3's are solid as well but my experience with them was absolutely terrible, even worse than the truly wireless earbuds I have.  They were so bad that, when combined with my experience with the JayBird Freedom F5's, I would never buy another JayBird product.

Both the JayBirds and Beats use AAC over Bluetooth with an iPhone as well.  There's a chance that the Forza Metallo earbuds will only use standard SBC with an iPhone.  This hasn't been conformed one way or the other but it is something to think about.

Apr 4, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #184 of 293
Bah...  Well, it's too little, too late for me.  I have a pair of BeatsX (after using the JayBird X3's for one day) and they work fine for me.  Even if their audio quality isn't the best, they retain a solid connection to my phone just like the Solo 3's.  Audio quality is something I'm willing to take a hit on if it means not having to hear constant skips and pauses because the headphones can't maintain a connection to my devices.

Unless these come out and are able to outshine the BeatsX in every, single, way, I'm going to stick with what I have.

How would the BeatsX sound to somebody who's a fan of the Solo3?

Apr 4, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #185 of 293
How would the BeatsX sound to somebody who's a fan of the Solo3?

Personally, I think they sound fine.  Bass is more forward like the Solo3's but I think the highs aren't as pushed (the bass also isn't as powered as the Solo3's but these are earbuds and not 40mm drivers).  I had my first tried and true test with the BeatsX this morning during my 15-20 minute walk and they were fine.  They didn't fall out, they were comfortable and didn't hurt my ears, and, most importantly for me, they maintained a solid connection with my phone (a Moto Z Force).  Their sound quality alone isn't worth their selling price but I think they're worth it when combined with the stellar wireless performance and comfort.  Bose was really the only company that made earbuds I found comfortable, that is until now.

I have 45 days (more like 40 more days) to return them, V-Moda would have to really wow me with the Metallo Wireless and provide a wireless connection that is just as solid.

Apr 4, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #186 of 293
X3s are the best sounding pair of wireless i've tried so far.  I'm very saddened by the news of yet another delay by V-MODA and their silence / no updates to let their potential customers know why.  Therefore I will be heading in the Sennheiser HD1 direction, all reviews seem to indicate they sound awesome.  

Apr 5, 2017 at 1:16 AM Post #189 of 293
BeatsX seem good for the price,
Personally, I think they sound fine.  Bass is more forward like the Solo3's but I think the highs aren't as pushed (the bass also isn't as powered as the Solo3's but these are earbuds and not 40mm drivers).  I had my first tried and true test with the BeatsX this morning during my 15-20 minute walk and they were fine.  They didn't fall out, they were comfortable and didn't hurt my ears, and, most importantly for me, they maintained a solid connection with my phone (a Moto Z Force).  Their sound quality alone isn't worth their selling price but I think they're worth it when combined with the stellar wireless performance and comfort.  Bose was really the only company that made earbuds I found comfortable, that is until now.

I have 45 days (more like 40 more days) to return them, V-Moda would have to really wow me with the Metallo Wireless and provide a wireless connection that is just as solid.

Where did you order from that has a 45 day return period?

BeatsX seem like a good contender for the price but Forza sounds better on paper. If V-MODA attempts to make it up to at least the head-fi community (I've wasted a lot of time waiting and posting about Forza) and there's AAC support then I'll reconsider Forza but the way it's been handled has put a really bad taste in my mouth as somebody who was ecstatic about their release but now is just extremely annoyed.

Apr 5, 2017 at 7:50 AM Post #190 of 293
I agree. No official comment from them is unprofessional particularly since they posted here before. I'm sure they are frustrated but it's been over 6 months.

Apr 5, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #191 of 293
  X3s are the best sounding pair of wireless i've tried so far.

I agree, it's just difficult for me to enjoy their sound quality if they skip out 6 times during a 3.5 minute song and continue to do so for the duration of my 20 minute morning walk.
BeatsX seem good for the price,
Where did you order from that has a 45 day return period?

BeatsX seem like a good contender for the price but Forza sounds better on paper. If V-MODA attempts to make it up to at least the head-fi community (I've wasted a lot of time waiting and posting about Forza) and there's AAC support then I'll reconsider Forza but the way it's been handled has put a really bad taste in my mouth as somebody who was ecstatic about their release but now is just extremely annoyed.

I purchased them from Best Buy, I'm a Reward Zone elite plus member.  One of the benefits of that is it increased their standard return policy from 15 days to 45 days, I also get free 2-day shipping on everything they sell without a minimum purchase.  V-Moda updated their website and now the Metallo Wireless have a release date of "Spring 2017."  So it looks like that will fall outside of my return window for the BeatsX.  I'm alright with that, they sound fine to me and they have a solid connection.

You might be out of luck with the AAC support.  The Metallo Wireless use a Qualcomm chip for aptX support, I'm guessing it's the same chip in the CF2W rose gold headphones.  Qualcomm Bluetooth chips have supported AAC in the past, it was up to the software developers and OEMs as to whether or not they supported it.  Without V-Moda's help (or a proper tear down of the hardware), it's impossible to tell what Qualcomm chip they're using and even then Qualcomm's website is lacking on the details for a bunch of their Bluetooth chips.  Some list aptX, some list aptX-HD further down the specs sheet, and many don't list anything.  I have a feeling it's going to come down to a trial and error situation where people are going to have to pair the headphones with a Bluetooth device (like a MacBook) and test audio output using various codecs.

Apr 5, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #193 of 293
Def nothing wrong w/ the sound of the Beats X in my opinion.  For a wireless model, they are fantastic.  I ended up returning mine because w/ my particular phone (OnePlus 3T), I had a connection issue where I had to toggle bluetooth on and off to get them to connect after turning them off.  It only happened on my phone and not my wife's so if I end up getting the Galaxy S8 in a few weeks (who am I kidding, I already pre-ordered), then I'll grab them again and see if they connect properly.

I've been waiting for the Forza Wireless since I got my regular Forza's...but really, enough is enough, and I had to get something.

Apr 5, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #194 of 293
Def nothing wrong w/ the sound of the Beats X in my opinion.  For a wireless model, they are fantastic.  I ended up returning mine because w/ my particular phone (OnePlus 3T), I had a connection issue where I had to toggle bluetooth on and off to get them to connect after turning them off.  It only happened on my phone and not my wife's so if I end up getting the Galaxy S8 in a few weeks (who am I kidding, I already pre-ordered), then I'll grab them again and see if they connect properly.

I've been waiting for the Forza Wireless since I got my regular Forza's...but really, enough is enough, and I had to get something.

I'm extremely curious how the BeatsX sound compares to the wired Forza (with a compressed source.)

Apr 6, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #195 of 293

How does the sound compare between the wired Forza and BeatsX? I'm sensitive to a treble push so which has the less fatiguing treble between the two?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back