V-MODA Forza Series: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 3, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #167 of 293
You might look at the Sennheiser hd1 that was just released in the premium category. I've read some good things about advance audio model 3. Rbh makes an excellent sounding pair of BT in ears.

Apr 3, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #169 of 293
You might look at the Sennheiser hd1 that was just released in the premium category. I've read some good things about advance audio model 3. Rbh makes an excellent sounding pair of BT in ears.

HD1 looks excellent except for its lack of noted sweat resistance. One of my priorities with these is running, and the nice leather doesn't seem like it'd be optimal for that. I might email Sennheiser to see their response on sweat.

Apr 3, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #170 of 293
Wasted too much time and energy waiting for Forza Metallo Wireless, which still doesn't have a real release date, and CF2W which ended up being inferior to CFW v1 for people who care about Bluetooth audio quality.

Sad to say they've lost a longtime fan. I'll still be checking up but it's going to take a lot of convincing to win me back over after I've been referring people to Forza Wireless for months (and waiting patiently for it) and it still not being out. The delays were handled unprofessionally and CF2W lost critical codec support assumedly as a cost-saving measure on an expensive pair of headphones. I still respect Val but V-MODA isn't the same company anymore.

Time to look into HD1 and BeatsX...

Apr 3, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #171 of 293
I have ripped the phone right out of my pocket working in the garage with wired in ears more times then I care to mention but it sure looks like every BT wireless in ears all have some sort of drawback and I worry about sweat. I also would like a bit of noise cancelling so I am not sure what to do on this one. I recently left my shure wired in ears on an airplane so I really need to get a new set and wanted to go wireless and really wanted the the v-modo to be the one but I have waited three months and spring is here so I need a new pair of in ears now but I have no idea what to do,..

Apr 3, 2017 at 10:11 PM Post #172 of 293
I don't think the Forza would have held up to a lot of sweat either. I've been very satisfied with my boss soindsports. Also Jabra elite sports has surprisingly solid sound if exercise is your intended purpose. X3 is probably the safest bet for all arounders albeit uninspiring with fussy fit.

Apr 3, 2017 at 10:11 PM Post #173 of 293
I have ripped the phone right out of my pocket working in the garage with wired in ears more times then I care to mention but it sure looks like every BT wireless in ears all have some sort of drawback and I worry about sweat. I also would like a bit of noise cancelling so I am not sure what to do on this one. I recently left my shure wired in ears on an airplane so I really need to get a new set and wanted to go wireless and really wanted the the v-modo to be the one but I have waited three months and spring is here so I need a new pair of in ears now but I have no idea what to do,..

ADVANCED Model 3?

Apr 3, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #176 of 293

It looks like NiceNHK is continuing to make the Bluetooth cable for that (HB1). It is surprisingly good with a fair battery life. I'm testing out various MMCX IEMs to pair with it. Hopefully I find a good pairing. But the actual bluetooth is good though a bit limited in range. Not that it matters since all that really matters is body vicinity or room vicinity for me at least. I'm honestly probably going to buy another one when they go on sale again. 

Apr 3, 2017 at 11:31 PM Post #178 of 293
https://www.google.com/amp/www.soundguys.com/adv-sound-model-3-review-10160/amp/

Looks great! Just a bit concerned about sweat resistance but great value for $79.99. I'm seriously considering BeatsX too if I can find them at $125 again. They're priced very fairly at $125 with the $30 iTunes gift card they also include.

The RBH headphones look a bit too rough around the edges for me to spend $149 even if they sound phenomenal.

Apr 3, 2017 at 11:54 PM Post #179 of 293
Looks great! Just a bit concerned about sweat resistance but great value for $79.99. I'm seriously considering BeatsX too if I can find them at $125 again. They're priced very fairly at $125 with the $30 iTunes gift card they also include.

The RBH headphones look a bit too rough around the edges for me to spend $149 even if they sound phenomenal.

Agreed on Beats. Sound is pretty good. Nice responsive bass without being muddy. I couldn't get used to the long cables and returned them for that reason. My RBH have been pretty durable. No issues and plenty of workouts. Not sure what you mean rough around the edges but they certainly don't look premium like the vmoda or Sennheiser. Problem is the more premium the build the less likely they will survive a workout. Seems like you kind of have to pick your path.

Apr 4, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #180 of 293
Agreed on Beats. Sound is pretty good. Nice responsive bass without being muddy. I couldn't get used to the long cables and returned them for that reason. My RBH have been pretty durable. No issues and plenty of workouts. Not sure what you mean rough around the edges but they certainly don't look premium like the vmoda or Sennheiser. Problem is the more premium the build the less likely they will survive a workout. Seems like you kind of have to pick your path.

Personally I'd pick BeatsX over the RBH for design and bro points aha. They're not noted as sweat-resistant either but I haven't heard of any issues. Just curious on sound but it seems to be a mixed opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back