V-MODA Forza Series: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 15, 2017 at 3:51 AM Post #136 of 293
Gosh.  It's great that they've got a wireless speaker and I will most likely pick that up one day, however, they know people are waiting on the Forza Wireless, shouldn't they have put their priorities on that first? What is the rush with the speaker, if it's that good, you can drop it whenever and it will sell.  Perhaps March is the key time when people purchase bluetooth wireless speakers so they want to maximise on that lol

Mar 16, 2017 at 4:18 AM Post #138 of 293
  Gosh.  It's great that they've got a wireless speaker and I will most likely pick that up one day, however, they know people are waiting on the Forza Wireless, shouldn't they have put their priorities on that first? What is the rush with the speaker, if it's that good, you can drop it whenever and it will sell.  Perhaps March is the key time when people purchase bluetooth wireless speakers so they want to maximise on that lol

It'd be nice if V-MODA offers some sort of courtesy to the fans who have been waiting over four months for Metallo Wireless, but it isn't necessary.

Mar 16, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #140 of 293
What did you select for everyday BT?

I went with the Sol-Republic Amps Air.  They aren't accurate and only have a 3-hour battery life but they're "truly wireless" earbuds, can be charged in about 20 minutes, and their case recharges them up to 15 times.  I found a good deal on eBay and I was able to convince myself that their form factor meant they are completely different so I can still get the Metallo Wireless when they come out.  I have to say though, the BeatsX have been tempting me.  I probably would have already picked up a pair had Apple not gone with Lightning to charge them.

Mar 23, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #146 of 293
  I went with the Jaybird X3. Waiting on the FW to compare.

Not to derail this but how are these?  I ended up returning my Sol-Republics.  I can't find a pair of Bluetooth earbuds that will remain connected to my phone.  The main issue is I have a smart watch, a Fitbit device, and I'm walking by a college campus everyday so I'm sure their Wi-Fi is interfering.  I've tried the Sol-Republic earbuds as well as the Bose SoundSport Wireless, both got to a point where I just had to turn them off.  Same with the Bose QC30's.  My Beats Solo3's though?  They didn't even blip.  My V-Moda Crossfade wireless headphones skipped a lot too so I'm debating on whether I should try the BeatsX or go with the Jaybird X3's.  I had the Freedom F5's and hated them but the X3's are getting solid reviews.  I just want something that will remain connected to my phone, in my pocket, as I walk next to a campus wearing my two Bluetooth devices.

Mar 24, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #147 of 293
  Not to derail this but how are these?  I ended up returning my Sol-Republics.  I can't find a pair of Bluetooth earbuds that will remain connected to my phone.  The main issue is I have a smart watch, a Fitbit device, and I'm walking by a college campus everyday so I'm sure their Wi-Fi is interfering.  I've tried the Sol-Republic earbuds as well as the Bose SoundSport Wireless, both got to a point where I just had to turn them off.  Same with the Bose QC30's.  My Beats Solo3's though?  They didn't even blip.  My V-Moda Crossfade wireless headphones skipped a lot too so I'm debating on whether I should try the BeatsX or go with the Jaybird X3's.  I had the Freedom F5's and hated them but the X3's are getting solid reviews.  I just want something that will remain connected to my phone, in my pocket, as I walk next to a campus wearing my two Bluetooth devices.

Just saw this.  In a nutshell, they pair well, stay paired for my purposes (gym and out and about, phone in pocket or bag), sound good for wireless, better than say beats x, airpods, although the offerings from Apple pair much easily.  Have tried them with my macbook air and iphone and it's all working fine.  No issues.  I'm thrilled with the sound of the X3 but I'm still holding out for the forza wireless because I love my m-100 and ZN so I need to know whether they sound better than the X3... lol I guess I'm trying to get the best possible SQ for my money.

Mar 27, 2017 at 8:25 AM Post #148 of 293
  Just saw this.  In a nutshell, they pair well, stay paired for my purposes (gym and out and about, phone in pocket or bag), sound good for wireless, better than say beats x, airpods, although the offerings from Apple pair much easily.... lol I guess I'm trying to get the best possible SQ for my money.

That's good, I'm going to give them a try this week.  I'm willing to sacrifice sound quality a bit if it means having a solid connection, that's one reason why I keep turning to my Beats Solo3's.  Even with an Android phone, they stay paired and streaming no matter what yet all my other headphones (including the Crossfade Wireless) always skip.  I'm pretty much sold so long as they stay connected.  The adjustable EQ had me leaning towards the X3's.  At this point, I'm tired of waiting for the Metalo Wireless.  V-Moda's website still lists a March release window and, at this point, I don't think the delays are a good sign.  I could be wrong but usually, when a product is delayed this much, it means there's something wrong that they haven't found a fix for.

Mar 27, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #149 of 293
Oops. Tried to copy my response here to another thread and posted here instead.

*Deleted*

Mar 27, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #150 of 293
That's good, I'm going to give them a try this week.  I'm willing to sacrifice sound quality a bit if it means having a solid connection, that's one reason why I keep turning to my Beats Solo3's.  Even with an Android phone, they stay paired and streaming no matter what yet all my other headphones (including the Crossfade Wireless) always skip.  I'm pretty much sold so long as they stay connected.  The adjustable EQ had me leaning towards the X3's.  At this point, I'm tired of waiting for the Metalo Wireless.  V-Moda's website still lists a March release window and, at this point, I don't think the delays are a good sign.  I could be wrong but usually, when a product is delayed this much, it means there's something wrong that they haven't found a fix for.

Yup, any later than March and I'll have too many wireless headphones out of the return period. I'm considering starting a tech review site so if they're interested in sending an evaluation pair I'd still happily try Forza but unfortunately at this point I'd rather keep what I have and see what else releases in the fall. Shame, I'd been awaiting Forza since launch and planned to have a pair for my birthday/Christmas but both have long passed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back