V-MODA Forza Series: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 28, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #151 of 293
Yup, any later than March and I'll have too many wireless headphones out of the return period. I'm considering starting a tech review site so if they're interested in sending an evaluation pair I'd still happily try Forza but unfortunately at this point I'd rather keep what I have and see what else releases in the fall. Shame, I'd been awaiting Forza since launch and planned to have a pair for my birthday/Christmas but both have long passed.

I went ahead and ordered a pair, they will be here today.  It looks like V-Moda has been busy.  They launched a new Bluetooth speaker and now the Crossfade 2 Wireless headphones.  Either way, I'll see how the X3's wireless connection holds up in my test.  I just hope they are better than the Bose earbuds I have (and am in the process of selling).  It's kind of sad when a $150 pair of truly wireless earbuds (the Sol-Republic Amps Airs) have a better connection to my phone than a $300 pair of neckband earbuds with a much larger battery.

Mar 28, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #152 of 293
I went ahead and ordered a pair, they will be here today.  It looks like V-Moda has been busy.  They launched a new Bluetooth speaker and now the Crossfade 2 Wireless headphones.  Either way, I'll see how the X3's wireless connection holds up in my test.  I just hope they are better than the Bose earbuds I have (and am in the process of selling).  It's kind of sad when a $150 pair of truly wireless earbuds (the Sol-Republic Amps Airs) have a better connection to my phone than a $300 pair of neckband earbuds with a much larger battery.

They announced Crossfade Wireless 2?!

Mar 28, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #153 of 293
Mar 28, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #154 of 293
Yeah. I had a similar reaction. $20 premium on apt-X support for the Rose Gold model.

Hmm, I love the rose gold color but prefer just using AAC since I'm in the Apple ecosystem. I wonder if the aptX chip is any newer/better?

Watching the video now and it looks V-MODA gave us what we asked for. Curious on sound/Bluetooth connectivity as well. Well, I do still have 3 days to return the Beats Solo3 :p.

Buy CF2 Wireless, get Forza Metallo Wireless free? :wink:

Mar 28, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #155 of 293
Yeah. I had a similar reaction. $20 premium on apt-X support for the Rose Gold model.

They said "much anticipated" but I wasn't anticipating them.  For some reason, I thought that they came out last summer but the original Crossfade Wireless have been on the market for almost a year and a half.  Initial reviews and impressions seem positive.  I would definitely trade my current Crossfade Wireless headphones in if they improved on the Bluetooth connection (aside from adding aptX).  That's pretty much why, when I want a larger headphone, I was turning to my Beats Solo3's instead of the Crossfade Wireless.  I don't think the Beats sound as good but their wireless connection to my Android phone is solid and never skips.

Mar 28, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #156 of 293
They said "much anticipated" but I wasn't anticipating them.  For some reason, I thought that they came out last summer but the original Crossfade Wireless have been on the market for almost a year and a half.  Initial reviews and impressions seem positive.  I would definitely trade my current Crossfade Wireless headphones in if they improved on the Bluetooth connection (aside from adding aptX).  That's pretty much why, when I want a larger headphone, I was turning to my Beats Solo3's instead of the Crossfade Wireless.  I don't think the Beats sound as good but their wireless connection to my Android phone is solid and never skips.

The one thing I found I liked on the Solo3 over the M-100 is that the bass is heavier, but less detailed, though the M-100 is obviously the better headphone. CF2W could be a winner altogether.

Is Forza Metallo Wireless just going to be pushed aside and forgotten about? It seems odd they'd release a Bluetooth speaker and a new CF2W without even addressing Forza. Then again CF2W probably sounds better so it's not a loss :D.

Now just awaiting to see if they offer any Head-Fi promos when they launch the thread.

Mar 28, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #161 of 293

I was able to add Forza Wireless to the cart before they took the site down. It might be launching today too.

C.S. Rep just told me 1 week from today.

Good info cheers.  Although normally Amazon have it up for preorder weeks before... Guess i'll wait a bit longer, ordering from v-moda direct is not an option with customs on top.

Mar 29, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #162 of 293
Hmm, I love the rose gold color but prefer just using AAC since I'm in the Apple ecosystem. I wonder if the aptX chip is any newer/better?

Watching the video now and it looks V-MODA gave us what we asked for. Curious on sound/Bluetooth connectivity as well. Well, I do still have 3 days to return the Beats Solo3 :p.

Buy CF2 Wireless, get Forza Metallo Wireless free?
wink.gif

I would think that Qualcomm's chip does both AAC and aptX, they're just focusing on aptX as Qualcomm purchased that tech so it's now their in-house codec.  I tried the Jaybird X3's this morning and they will be going back to Best Buy.  I lost track of just how many times they stuttered/disconnected from my phone during my 15 minute morning walk, it wasn't even funny.  The Sol-Republic earbuds I have maintained a better connection to my phone than these.  I ordered the BeatsX to see how they fair since the Solo3's hold a solid connection with my phone.  I loved the sound of the Jaybird's especially because I tuned it to (mostly) what I wanted but they could not stay connected.  They were also not balanced, the left earbud was louder than the right.

I'm probably going to give the CF2's a shot as well.  I can trade-in my current CFW for $150 credit towards the CF2's.  Unlike a bunch of other people, I think the rose gold model looks the best and hopefully Qualcomm's chip is more powerful than the one they used in the CFW's.  If the CF2's connect better to my phone, I could return the BeatsX (I have 45 days) and get the Metallo wireless.

Mar 31, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #163 of 293
I went in the other direction and picked up some WIRED RHA T20s on ebay for $150.  Wow, I've been messing with all sorts of BT headsets for so long I forgot how good old fashioned wired sounds.  As far as BT has come, it really is no comparison.  Sorry to derail the thread ... still probably gonna grab these bad boys next week but it's going to be hard to compete.  Of course, the wire sucks... FWIW, my Bose Soundsports are still the king of in-ear BT for me.

Apr 1, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #164 of 293
Yeah need one decent wired pair and a wireless pair for convenience.  I think a CFW2 rose gold would be nice and the ZN for wired.  Alternatively, the Forza Wireless (if they ever get released) and a M100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back