V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Preview, Videos, Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 30, 2017 at 8:10 PM Post #1,141 of 1,160

Yes the immortal life program applies, 50% off if you trade in. I was not stating your question wasn't valid, I was just saying unless your a major product reviewer that v-moda will send a set to before release, they aren't able to be obtained by the average consumer as they aren't officially in stores until tomorrow.

Edit: since they will be out though, expect those comparisons soon :)  Drivers are still 50mm as before, but it is a new driver vs the m100 cw1

Actually I was trying to state that your question was a valid concern. 
I'm not convinced that they're enough of an upgrade to spend another $150 plus for the new features.
I'd love to have the cliqfold feature, but the my phone doesn't support the new Bluetooth and I already have the XL pads. Another claimed 10 kHz worth of high end and a bigger battery sound nice, but I think I'm going to hold off for a bit to wait and see.

Mar 31, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #1,143 of 1,160
I should be having a pair of these on my way soon. Will put up pix and will try to provide feedback when I get them. I'm really looking forward to the new CFW2s!!

Apr 4, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #1,144 of 1,160
  I should be having a pair of these on my way soon. Will put up pix and will try to provide feedback when I get them. I'm really looking forward to the new CFW2s!!

Maybe you can shed some light on the codec support -- while aptX on the rose gold is clear, an open question is wether all models (still) support AAC...

Apr 4, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #1,145 of 1,160

Maybe you can shed some light on the codec support -- while aptX on the rose gold is clear, an open question is wether all models (still) support AAC...

Will do when I find out. I've actually not caught up with Val in about 1-2 years. He has been popping by Tokyo but he's been busy.

Apr 17, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #1,147 of 1,160
So ive never had issues with my CFW but this morning i tried to charge mine for 30min and now it wont connect. The power button blinks intermittently. Does the bluetooth go out on these things?

They shouldn't...but contact V-Moda. They will either fix them, or send u a brand new pair.....or u can send them back, and get 50% a new pair of CF2W

Apr 17, 2017 at 7:36 PM Post #1,148 of 1,160
They shouldn't...but contact V-Moda. They will either fix them, or send u a brand new pair.....or u can send them back, and get 50% a new pair of CF2W

Eventually ill get the CF2W im just strapped for cash. Thanks i was hoping there was a simple remedy for the bluetooth not functioning. Since these are my only pair of headphones I might just have to contact vmoda

Nov 13, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #1,150 of 1,160
How’s the sound of the 2 vs the original? Does the original support AAC? Codec support was originally in the specs but they removed that information, and people who have tested have been unable to transmit AAC to these headphones. If they do support AAC then I might buy a pair to try since CF2W doesn’t.

Mar 28, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #1,151 of 1,160
How’s the sound of the 2 vs the original? Does the original support AAC? Codec support was originally in the specs but they removed that information, and people who have tested have been unable to transmit AAC to these headphones. If they do support AAC then I might buy a pair to try since CF2W doesn’t.
So to reply 2 years later...but the price for the CFW have dropped dramatically, so I picked them up again. Well, they absolutely do not support AAC, no matter how much I try to force it.

Dec 15, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #1,152 of 1,160
Hello, I was watching in amazon and the V-Moda Crossfade Wireless cost 120 dollars or even less sometimes. While the M-100 cost 200 or more. My question is if I am looking for headphones to listen to music with a DAC / AMP (Shanling UP2), is it worth getting the Wireless? Because I read in many forums and videos they sound the same as the M-100 using them with cable, if this is so worth buying them?

Dec 15, 2019 at 8:27 PM Post #1,153 of 1,160
Hello, I was watching in amazon and the V-Moda Crossfade Wireless cost 120 dollars or even less sometimes. While the M-100 cost 200 or more. My question is if I am looking for headphones to listen to music with a DAC / AMP (Shanling UP2), is it worth getting the Wireless? Because I read in many forums and videos they sound the same as the M-100 using them with cable, if this is so worth buying them?
To my ears, I don't think the V-Moda Crossfade Wireless has the same sound as the M-100 (assuming we're talking about the original M-100, not the M-100 Master). The CFW has a better soundstage separation than the M-100. It also has a tighter bass impact.

If it's the newer M-100 Master, that's a different story.

Dec 15, 2019 at 8:35 PM Post #1,154 of 1,160
To my ears, I don't think the V-Moda Crossfade Wireless has the same sound as the M-100 (assuming we're talking about the original M-100, not the M-100 Master). The CFW has a better soundstage separation than the M-100. It also has a tighter bass impact.

If it's the newer M-100 Master, that's a different story.
Thank you for your response, I speak of the original M-100. So from what you tell me, it sounds better with cable than the original M-100. Should I buy them to use them via cable for 120 on Amazon? Or is there something better for this price?

Dec 15, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #1,155 of 1,160
Thank you for your response, I speak of the original M-100. So from what you tell me, it sounds better with cable than the original M-100. Should I buy them to use them via cable for 120 on Amazon? Or is there something better for this price?
IMHO, if one can get the CFW for $120, that's a great price. Bear in mind that these are all older headphones with older technology. There are newer models but those naturally come at a greater price. As long as you're aware you're not getting the best at $120, but getting one of the best value for $120.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back