V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Preview, Videos, Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
May 23, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #978 of 1,160
AAC is not really an apple thing its just the codec they decided to use, Tidal use AAC on their non lossless streaming, Deezer I believe use use 128kbps and 320kbps mp3, so aptx shouldn't really make a difference with deezer if they work the way val said.

Comparing SBC with aptx is a different story though.

I have an android device(Samsung galaxy note 5). So you are saying that if I use tidal hi-res I can take advantage of AAC?

May 27, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #979 of 1,160
I have an android device(Samsung galaxy note 5). So you are saying that if I use tidal hi-res I can take advantage of AAC?
no.
Holy juice what a misinformation on this thread.
The codec of the music and the codec of the device have nothing to do with each other.
If you have a headphone which uses aac codec as a Bluetooth transmission codec you NEED a source which uses aac codec as a Bluetooth transmission codec.
If then the music is coded in aac, mp3 or flac, that is irrelevant for the Bluetooth transmission, because even if you listen to music coded in aac with a device equipped with aac transmission codec, the music will still be recoded before being sent to the headphones.
Listening to aac music on an aac device brings nothing different than listening to aac music on an aptx device.
A few pages ago I have posted a link to a post in another thread, where a guy explains this.

Jun 10, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #982 of 1,160
My black xl pads did this, my gray ones did not. The black ones became that way after about two weeks, the gray ones have been installed for three months without changing shape. Maybe its pressure that does it because I had the black ones on my m100 and used to fold them into the case. I noticed the pads would squish pretty tightly. CFW don't fold in the case so the gray pads never squish.

My black XL pads are out of shape and I've had them for 2 weeks. Thinking about trying gray ones if that matters lol:joy:

Jun 20, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #984 of 1,160
It's actually my frustration with the Wireless Crossfades that prompted me to finally stop lurking and join Head-fi :wink:

For my purposes, the sound quality, battery life, fit and finish of the CFW's is right on point - but the lack of cliq-fold has left me frustrated. I knew they didn't feature folding when I bought them, and I thought I could live with it.

It's been nearly a year I've had them now, and they've been gathering dust for most of it. I bought them because wireless, for me, is a fantastic feature when I'm on the go - but without the ability to fold them down, they're least useful for precisely when I'm on the go. They don't pack well.

For some, this could be a complete non-issue. For me, it makes it the first V-Moda gear I've bought that I actually regret having spent money on.

I'd be tempted to try the mod other users have discussed to bring folding to the CFW - but V-Moda doesn't offer spare parts, and I'm not yet willing to chop up a $250 pair of headphones to rectify what I see as a design flaw in another pair of $300 headphones. It's a bummer - I want to love these, but I just can't bring myself to after use.

TL;DR: Given my tastes, the portability bonus of the CFW's wireless connection is completely overshadowed by the portability hit caused by the inability to fold these up.

Jun 21, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #985 of 1,160
Jun 30, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #987 of 1,160
After reading ALL the forum posts here, I think it's my time to talk here

Anyways, I'm very new to this website, but I got interested in these headphones a while back (just kidding I got interested yesterday
tongue.gif
).
From reading here, most of the people seem to really enjoy these headphones, but there are more and more people that come up with more and more issues.

Now my question is, should I get these headphones, or the m100's? I will most likely to use them 90% of the time at home, to watch videos, gaming and play music. I had wireless headphones before, but I haven't found myself really using wireless that much.

On the other hand, for 30 dollars more, why not? It's an extra feature, and I am not an audiophile by ANY means (I thought the beats headphones were really good until recently), so for me as long as I like the sound than its good for me. I also don't really care for the CliqFold feature, so it seems like the best option.

What I am worried about is all the issues that are popping up. The Bluetooth, the sound quality, and the headphone itself seem to get some issues from users. And I know they have great durability, but I am an EXPERT at breaking stuff. I know the obvious answer would be to return them and get replacements, but from where I live the prices for mailing stuff internationally (and also nationally to be honest) are sky high.

What do you guys recommend? Until 3 hours ago, when I was on page like 45 I was sure on getting the wireless ones, but now I am getting kinda skeptical by what people are beginning to say.

Jun 30, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #988 of 1,160
Daugion, my $.02: Wireless is, as you say, basically a bonus feature - but it comes a the cost of portability. Which is more important to you?

I would not have purchased the CFW if I knew then how annoying I would find the lack of cliq-fold.

Jun 30, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #989 of 1,160
I mean is it really that annoying, the lack of CliqFold? Because for me portability isn't like a deciding factor, I rather have good sound quality. Obviously I wouldn't deny it, but at the cost of Bluetooth I rather take Bluetooth, as its honestly more future proof.

Talking about that, futureproof is concerns me more. The more I was reading here, the more issues I saw that people have. That could be a deciding factor, as I plan to have my headphones for a while, and shipping them to get fixed or replaced is quite expensive for me.

Would it be worth the risk? I don't mind the 30 dollars, but I don't wanna end up having a broken pair of headphones and 300 dollars wasted

Jun 30, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #990 of 1,160
For me it's absolutely infuriating. The M-100's I carry everywhere - in my day bag, on public transit, on planes, to work, to job sites, whatever.

The CFW's gather dust on my desk - which is exactly the place that I -don't- need or want wireless - because I can't fit them into my bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back