V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Preview, Videos, Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jan 19, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #766 of 1,160
  I use these primarily while working out at the gym with XL cups and they are fantastic. There may be a loss in SQ in wireless mode but it's either barely perceptible (to my ears at least!) or that is just a little sacrifice I make for the convenience of not stripping headphones off my ears every time I get on the elliptical.

Also, how many situations can you think of when you want absolutely perfect SQ (which you're not getting with the CFW anyway TBH) and wireless convenience?

In terms of overall experience in the gym and how these cans deal with sweat, it's at an acceptable level whatever that means to you. My workouts are typically around 60-70 minutes and these are great throughout that time and actually mostly stay out of the way. I had to dab them once with a paper towel but that was only during a really intense cardio day. Overall, I'm happy with them in the gym.

Hope this helps...

yes indeed there should be loss in SQ and i was expecting that before i even buy the headphones as i have read the reviews but the reviews and you mention that the loss in SQ is not noticeable and i wish this was the case with me. i dont have that audiophile ears though for example i can barely notice the difference between 320 kbps track and flac track

but i can clearly hear the buzzing with the bass like the speakers are blown out when getting the max volume in BT mode.

its like the amp inside the headphone isnt matching the speakers/driver or the speakers cant handle that much loud sound level.

i dont know if u can hear it with urs in wireless but its very noticeable anyone would know.

I am just lazy to return the headphones back to v-moda and wait 1 more month for a replacement while i need headphones essentialy for daily use

Jan 19, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #767 of 1,160

yes indeed there should be loss in SQ and i was expecting that before i even buy the headphones as i have read the reviews but the reviews and you mention that the loss in SQ is not noticeable and i wish this was the case with me. i dont have that audiophile ears though for example i can barely notice the difference between 320 kbps track and flac track

but i can clearly hear the buzzing with the bass like the speakers are blown out when getting the max volume in BT mode.

its like the amp inside the headphone isnt matching the speakers/driver or the speakers cant handle that much loud sound level.

i dont know if u can hear it with urs in wireless but its very noticeable anyone would know.

I am just lazy to return the headphones back to v-moda and wait 1 more month for a replacement while i need headphones essentialy for daily use

Honestly, I have never had a reason to turn the headphones up past about 3/4 volume...

In regards to the hissing, while I am sure this is an issue in BT mode, I do not notice it at the gym since my own breathing and increased heart beat overshadows any small imperfections in SQ. And again, I rarely have a reason to use them wireless outside of the gym.

Jan 19, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #768 of 1,160

Why wait a month? Just order another pair and when they get to you send these back? I'd never keep something I'm unhappy with. I use mine wireless for working out. If I didn't need the durabity and bluetooth I probably would have just gotten a different headphone.

I'm still in the test drive phase so I haven't really worked out with them yet. I wouldn't want to return a headphone I've sweated in. I'm using my m100 with a small Bluetooth receiver that I clip to my shorts. Funny thing is the dongle has no hiss, but there's a little bit of bass loss. With the cfw once the volume is medium the hiss is undetectable to me.

Jan 19, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #769 of 1,160
  There's a volume issue with these in BT mode, for sure. I use them with my iPhone 6+ and only keep it a few ticks above the minimum. I'll turn the headphones off, turn em back on later, and the volume is moved to about halfway. I forget this half the time & have to yank them off my head to fix the volume. I haven't ever had this problem with Bluetooth headphones, so I don't know what gives here.

I have the same problem with my iPhone 5. Sent an email to V-Moda regarding this and while they didn't have an answer to my problem, they offered me a replacement (if I believe my headphones are defect). Anyone else with an iPhone that does NOT have to turn their volume to a minimum? Just want to know if this is a production batch or a general problem with the BT. Thanks

Jan 19, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #770 of 1,160
Hey guys, just letting you know that I did a detailed review of the Crossfade Wireless (Gunmetal):

http://www.androidguys.com/2016/01/19/v-moda-crossfade-wireless-headphones-review-cut-the-cord-keep-the-awesome/

Hope it's helpful :)

Jan 20, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #771 of 1,160
i recorded with my phone near the speakers of my CFW how the sound is like when playing on max volume in BT mode

i am sure its defective now, thats what i exactly hear its not the mic of the phone trust me.

also the sound is buzzing in wired mode a little not as much as wireless but still buzz

please have a listen

https://soundcloud.com/ramysaid/defective-vmoda/s-Q7r7j 

Jan 20, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #772 of 1,160
  i recorded with my phone near the speakers of my CFW how the sound is like when playing on max volume in BT mode

i am sure its defective now, thats what i exactly hear its not the mic of the phone trust me.

also the sound is buzzing in wired mode a little not as much as wireless but still buzz

please have a listen

Not to discount the problem, but speaking from experience, recording via the sound cups isn't going to produce the best recording.

Jan 20, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #773 of 1,160
  Not to discount the problem, but speaking from experience, recording via the sound cups isn't going to produce the best recording.

sure i do understand but i did replay it over and over again yes its not exactly how the problem is but the problem is there and its like 80% of how i listen to that track on my headphones, i am not talking about the flat bass or any of those sounds that my phone mic cant reallr reproduce ,

No i am talking about that buzz that buzz with the bass and beats in the track is what i hear

i can hear the buzzing even before getting the headphones on my ears 

thats the original audio i was playing and noticed the buzzing the most:

https://soundcloud.com/muhammedfelfelofficial/muhammed-felfel-ft-om-kalthoum-enta-omry-part-2-preview

Jan 20, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #775 of 1,160
sure i do understand but i did replay it over and over again yes its not exactly how the problem is but the problem is there and its like 80% of how i listen to that track on my headphones, i am not talking about the flat bass or any of those sounds that my phone mic cant reallr reproduce ,

No i am talking about that buzz that buzz with the bass and beats in the track is what i hear

i can hear the buzzing even before getting the headphones on my ears 

thats the original audio i was playing and noticed the buzzing the most:

https://soundcloud.com/muhammedfelfelofficial/muhammed-felfel-ft-om-kalthoum-enta-omry-part-2-preview

Hey bro your headphones might be defective. I just listened to that track maxed out on the headphones vomume and one click shy of max on my phone and didn't get distortion. This isn't my type of music but I have to admit it makes these headphones sound really good. I can definitely see why people like this type of music with these headphones. I say exchange them for another pair.

Jan 21, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #776 of 1,160

please have a listen

Now I've heard it, it definitely sounds like you have a rattle in your driver, they need replacing. I've had plenty of speakers fail over time and its easy to recognise once you've heard it before.

I tried that track anyway briefly at full volume and its fine on mine, I don't know if your bluetooth is quieter than mine but that's definitely at a volume that could damage your hearing, I like loud but that's excessive. Take it from someone who's had tinnitus permanently for nearly 30 years its not much fun.

Jan 21, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #777 of 1,160
  My initial pair had a rattle/buzz in the left speaker when listening to a specific frequency of bass...so it's certainly possible.  My replacement pair has been fine.

Hey bro your headphones might be defective. I just listened to that track maxed out on the headphones vomume and one click shy of max on my phone and didn't get distortion. This isn't my type of music but I have to admit it makes these headphones sound really good. I can definitely see why people like this type of music with these headphones. I say exchange them for another pair.

Now I've heard it, it definitely sounds like you have a rattle in your driver, they need replacing. I've had plenty of speakers fail over time and its easy to recognise once you've heard it before.

I tried that track anyway briefly at full volume and its fine on mine, I don't know if your bluetooth is quieter than mine but that's definitely at a volume that could damage your hearing, I like loud but that's excessive. Take it from someone who's had tinnitus permanently for nearly 30 years its not much fun.

Thanks For the Update Guys , i really appreciate the Help. now i know my headphones are defective for sure 

i will send them back and update here once i receive the replacement.

Thanks again

Jan 21, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #778 of 1,160

I have the same problem with my iPhone 5. Sent an email to V-Moda regarding this and while they didn't have an answer to my problem, they offered me a replacement (if I believe my headphones are defect). Anyone else with an iPhone that does NOT have to turn their volume to a minimum? Just want to know if this is a production batch or a general problem with the BT. Thanks

Interesting. I assumed this was just a firmware issue. Interestingly enough, if I toggle down the volume a step, then put it back up a step, the volume is normalized. So the headphone volume and the phone volume aren't quite in sync, it just takes a nudge.

Jan 22, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #779 of 1,160
  I thought Val said these supported AAC? I'm heading to bed
I believe Val said these do AAC+. http://www.head-fi.org/t/778150/v-moda-crossfade-wireless-exclusive-preview-videos-discussion-feedback-reviews-pics-etc/600#post_12073374

I got in contact with V-Moda technical support and they informed me that SBC is the bluetooth codec unless it is an apple product.  The customer agent further explained this as that AAC is an iOS feature.  So for those of us with non-Apple phones you will not be able to use the higher quality bluetooth codecs (AAC, AAC+). I wanted to share this so anyone interested would be informed. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back