V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Preview, Videos, Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jan 13, 2016 at 5:37 AM Post #737 of 1,160
How is the bass rise compared to the M-100? Does it rise as early as in starting from 250Hz+?

Jan 14, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #738 of 1,160
  I just received mine and have a minor cosmetic issue on the right side, the material on the top side of the headband at the end where the band becomes a v shape, each corner at that point has a slight bubble where its not been pulled tight correctly.

Its only small so debating whether to return them to amazon or not, unfortunately I'm a bit of a perfectionist so these little things kind of annoy me 
rolleyes.gif

Anyone else had this?

I have the same exact issue. I dont think its a design function, my m100 is also white and the leather is perfectly wrapped around the entire thing. In fact, if I never saw my m100 I would be inclined to agree that its just a matter of its design, but seeing my m100 then seeing the cfw like this really bugs me. Mine also came with a small nick in the silvery plastic before the earpad - now that's REALLY bugging me. anyone else's come with little imperfections like this and going crazy?

Jan 14, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #739 of 1,160
Has anyone been able to verify the codec that the CFW are using?  On my MacBookPro running El Captain the codec always shows up as SBC.  I am able to see that it is SBC by using Bluetooth Explorer.  I am really wanting to be able to listen to the different codecs on my CFW and see if I can notice any differences.  It would be great if I could force the Mac to use certain codecs.

Jan 15, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #740 of 1,160

I have the same exact issue. I dont think its a design function, my m100 is also white and the leather is perfectly wrapped around the entire thing. In fact, if I never saw my m100 I would be inclined to agree that its just a matter of its design, but seeing my m100 then seeing the cfw like this really bugs me. Mine also came with a small nick in the silvery plastic before the earpad - now that's REALLY bugging me. anyone else's come with little imperfections like this and going crazy?

If you take them apart your see why it happens, only the very centre part of the leather about 1 cm is stuck down at each end, a piece that continues under the plastic part and which the plastic sits on, either side of that including the corners the leather just folds over.

Jan 15, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #742 of 1,160
I feel like it happens because the material is larger than normal. My m100 is tightly wrapped with no slack anywhere and not a single wrinkle along the band or at the plastic V

In part your right because its leather that's under a slight amount of tension, if you don't get an even tension in that area you get a problem.

If you take them apart your see why getting an even tension at that point is difficult.

Jan 15, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #743 of 1,160
In part your right because its leather that's under a slight amount of tension, if you don't get an even tension in that area you get a problem.

If you take them apart your see why getting an even tension at that point is difficult.

I just did this and was able to get the wrinkles out! Just tucked the slack in tightly and slid the plastick V on. Held it tight while I screwed it back in. Wow. That was easy.it looks like my m100 now.

Jan 15, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #744 of 1,160
I just did this and was able to get the wrinkles out! Just tucked the slack in tightly and slid the plastick V on. Held it tight while I screwed it back in. Wow. That was easy.it looks like my m100 now.

Not to burst your bubble but I did mine as well but they had returned slightly by morning, and even more after some use lol, maybe if you have more excess leather than me it will probably stay in place.

Jan 15, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #745 of 1,160
Not to burst your bubble but I did mine as well but they had returned slightly by morning, and even more after some use lol, maybe if you have more excess leather than me it will probably stay in place.

My method was to to pull/tuck while the headband was on my thigh as of it were on my head. I'll report if it wiggles loose over time. Ive been wearing them nonstop to naturally loosen them like my m100s. thanks for the heads up. New issue lol, it cut out while walking around with my phone in my pocket outside. Is this normal? The music stopped for like a half a second. It happened twice so far.

Jan 15, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #746 of 1,160
  Has anyone been able to verify the codec that the CFW are using?  On my MacBookPro running El Captain the codec always shows up as SBC.  I am able to see that it is SBC by using Bluetooth Explorer.  I am really wanting to be able to listen to the different codecs on my CFW and see if I can notice any differences.  It would be great if I could force the Mac to use certain codecs.

I downloaded the newer version of Bluetooth Explorer and was able to force select AAC as the bluetooth codec, however the CFW still only display as SBC on my Mac. 

Jan 16, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #747 of 1,160
Hello Everyone,

I want to ask everyone who own the CFW a quick question,

i mainly listen to PSY Trance/Trance Music, in wireless mode the headphones on max volume level tend to buzz on punchy bass on most of the tracks i can provide sample of track for everyone who are able to help me to try it with his CFW , i already did contact vmoda about the problem and they send me a return label but i want to make sure is it the norm of this headphones or is it just mine ?

in wired mode the headphones work fine at the first i hated it but now i got used to it and after the burn in the sound was much better it shows much more details and more clear than the M-100

i am coming from Crossfade M-100 , never had a buzz on any track no matter how high i go on the volume with my JDS Labs C5D . it was a very nice combo . but unfortunately i sold the M-100 so now i cant compare between the two in the tracks i am playing

Please Try This Track

https://soundcloud.com/astrix-official/astrix-ritmo-agate-sample

From 0:33 to 0:45   its very noticeable The buzz with the bass with my CFW

also this one:

https://soundcloud.com/avalon/ace-ventura-vs-symbolic-prime-time-avalon-rmx

from 0:03 to 0:31  also very very noticeable

The Problem Exist In The Wireless Mode only and on Max Level of Volume in wireless mode, One step down in volume and everything is fine

Can you please confirm so that i can decide Either to return it or not ?

Thanks in advance

"sorry for my bad english"

Thanks

Jan 16, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #748 of 1,160
Hello Everyone,

I want to ask everyone who own the CFW a quick question,

i mainly listen to PSY Trance/Trance Music, in wireless mode the headphones on max volume level tend to buzz on punchy bass on most of the tracks i can provide sample of track for everyone who are able to help me to try it with his CFW , i already did contact vmoda about the problem and they send me a return label but i want to make sure is it the norm of this headphones or is it just mine ?

in wired mode the headphones work fine at the first i hated it but now i got used to it and after the burn in the sound was much better it shows much more details and more clear than the M-100

i am coming from Crossfade M-100 , never had a buzz on any track no matter how high i go on the volume with my JDS Labs C5D . it was a very nice combo . but unfortunately i sold the M-100 so now i cant compare between the two in the tracks i am playing

Please Try This Track

https://soundcloud.com/astrix-official/astrix-ritmo-agate-sample

From 0:33 to 0:45   its very noticeable The buzz with the bass with my CFW

also this one:

https://soundcloud.com/avalon/ace-ventura-vs-symbolic-prime-time-avalon-rmx

from 0:03 to 0:31  also very very noticeable

The Problem Exist In The Wireless Mode only and on Max Level of Volume in wireless mode, One step down in volume and everything is fine

Can you please confirm so that i can decide Either to return it or not ?

Thanks in advance

"sorry for my bad english"

Thanks

You are not crazy. At max volume on the headset I notice more hiss and a bit of distortion. I back off of the max volume by a few clicks and raise the volume on my phone and it goes away. It's kind of annoying that I cant just raise the volume all the way on the headset and use the phone as a master volume.

Jan 16, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #749 of 1,160
You are not crazy. At max volume on the headset I notice more hiss and a bit of distortion. I back off of the max volume by a few clicks and raise the volume on my phone and it goes away. It's kind of annoying that I cant just raise the volume all the way on the headset and use the phone as a master volume.

Yes , I use blackberry Priv , i Raise the volume to the max on the phone and then all the way up on the headphones till max then back it off by one click just one and the sound is good.

Its just i am used to the M-100 it was really so loud headphones without any distortion or buzzing. maybe because its just a wired headphones.

its just that i dont see anyone talked about this Issue. so here was the best place to ask about the problem. Thanks for your quick reply i am very grateful , i think i will keep it and maybe order the M-100 again to keep at home 

Jan 16, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #750 of 1,160
There's a volume issue with these in BT mode, for sure. I use them with my iPhone 6+ and only keep it a few ticks above the minimum. I'll turn the headphones off, turn em back on later, and the volume is moved to about halfway. I forget this half the time & have to yank them off my head to fix the volume. I haven't ever had this problem with Bluetooth headphones, so I don't know what gives here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back