V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Mar 4, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #2,328 of 2,828
Could maybe be the music files. Low bitrate?

Mar 5, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #2,331 of 2,828
Thanks, I really didnt know what it meant, since it looks like they completed the order within 24 hours, and thats with the custom plates. Well, it doesnt really matter if they use four days to get the mail service to ship them. :-/

Mar 8, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #2,332 of 2,828
Hey, I have a question.
Can anyone use a multimeter to measure their cable? I'm interested in buying one. My cable measures 2 ohms and another cable i have measures 0.2 ohms and has a definite change in sound. 
Which cable do you suggest for me to buy? I don't need buttons and one side needs to have a small connector.
Any other aftermarket cable will do. :)

Anyone know where/which/what cable to buy?

Mar 8, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #2,333 of 2,828
Looking for a cable for the X1's? :p I can measure my V-Moda cables tomorrow if no one's gotten around to it, tho they're both 1-button/mic versions (traded my 3-button iPhone cable for the orange one that comes with the M-100).

I'm generally not a big believer in cables having a substantial impact on sound (unless it's just an awful borderline useless cable), but V-Moda's are pretty nice construction-wise IMO.

The plugs are tiny too, so much so that Mrspeakers bundles this cable as an extra with his Mad Dogs which have a tricky jack that doesn't fit most cables with larger housings (and favors 90/45° cables due to the positioning).

I've only had mine a few months and it's the first cloth sheathed came I've dealt with (on headphones at least), so I dunno about fraying etc., they've got pretty good support/warranties tho.

Mar 8, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #2,334 of 2,828
allright, thank you :)
It sounds like a worthy cable to have as backup atleast.

I'm not a true cable believer myself but I noticed some slight change with the cable with 10x less resistance.

If let's say, output impedance needs to be low for low impedance cans, it wouldn't be strange if the cable couls make a difference.

Btw I'm interested in the m100 cable too if it would be 'better' I hope the buttons don't change anything.

Mar 9, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #2,335 of 2,828
The two cables I've got are identical AFAIK, except for the color, but I'll measure them both. I just traded for the orange M-100 one because I dig the color and the volume buttons on the iPhone one were useless to me, as I don't have an iPhone (I do have an older iPod touch but I rarely use it anymore).

I'm not sure what colors they sell them in right now, my other single-button one's a red/black. They made some improvements to them at some point and separated the mic capsule from the button's capsule which supposedly helped reduce mic noise (on the other end of your call, they aren't microphonic) when moving etc.

That was a few months ago so I imagine all the cables are now the same, they were calling the new ones SpeakEasy I think. Mine are both that newer version.

Mar 10, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #2,336 of 2,828
For the third time in the 14 months I have owned my M-80s, sound is cutting out in the left channel. I sent them back for repair the previous two times and will not do so this time. I will fix these dang things on my own. 

Mar 11, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #2,340 of 2,828
Quote:
For the third time in the 14 months I have owned my M-80s, sound is cutting out in the left channel. I sent them back for repair the previous two times and will not do so this time. I will fix these dang things on my own. 

That's really strange. What do you think it is that is causing your headphones to break? Have you popped them open yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back