V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Mar 29, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #2,356 of 2,828
Can you sleep with a pair of Grados on? Sorry it just seems like an odd question to me... I CAN fall asleep with the M-80 and I've done so a few times (on a plane, when I already had them on and couldn't be bothered to reach for the IEM in my bag), but it's not something I'd wanna do at all if I'm on an actual bed, I roll around a lot etc.

Soundstage isn't anything special, larger than other closed on ear portables I've tried but smaller than almost any open headphone (tho low end Grado's have a rep for shallow sound stage too so it's all relative). The sound signature is very different from Grado's, are you looking for something similar or what?

Edit: Saw your other thread, personally I find IEM more comfortable to sleep with on a nightly basis (you can roll or turn easily if you get small ones that don't stick out), and I've always got one old pair of cheaper IEM that I use for that (mostly when staying at someone's place on vacation). They often end up dislodged from my ears by morning but since it's a cheap old pair I don't care if I've tangled or pinched the cable... That being said, several people in that thread did say they sleep with their M-80 (including an ex soldier?) and they're durable enough that they might hold up if you don't toss and turn much, plus the cable's easily replaceable.

Far from optimal IMO tho... KSC75 on a sweat band might work (as mentioned in the other thread). They're open but the beanie would muffle most of the leaking so it might be closer to the sound you want. I have a pair with the clips removed sown into the pockets/bend of an American Eagle beanie for winter use (this beanie's actually made for this, just came with some crappy phones I replaced).

Mar 30, 2013 at 4:52 AM Post #2,357 of 2,828
thèse don't leak at all do they? And no, one can't sleep in grado's, at all. 

Pretty sure i am buying these. I want something that sounds fun, has a very forward and engaging sound and does a great job with all types of music. I also want something that is different from the Magnums (think grados) that I have, so I won't just be buying a can that sounds exactly like the other one I own. I love the fact that these are super durable. Very excited to get these. PLus they look beautiful 

Mar 30, 2013 at 5:47 AM Post #2,358 of 2,828
just bought these!

Mar 30, 2013 at 6:56 AM Post #2,359 of 2,828
anyone use them with an amp? do they benefit at all?  did anyone use their own custom emblem? I just added my own text/an image used on the site. would live to see some of the customized 80's if anyone has one...

Mar 30, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #2,360 of 2,828
An amp does improve them noticeably, but not as much as other headphones.

Has anyone tried to mod the m80 yet. I did a search but couldn't find anything on it.

Mar 30, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #2,361 of 2,828
what amp may be ideal for them 

Mar 30, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #2,362 of 2,828
No they don't leak at all, I think you'll find their sound signature to be right along what you're looking for.

There's a whole separate thread dedicated to pictures of custom ordered V-moda shields btw. They've actually gotten pretty good at reproducing more complex designs and shades that people have sent lately.

I might get some eventually, kinda irked mine shipped with a discount code for shields that expired a couple of weeks after I got them tho. :p

Mar 30, 2013 at 6:22 PM Post #2,363 of 2,828
Hi all,

Strongly considering buying the m80s because of headfi.
But I have some questions.

1) will it fit well if you wear glasses
2) planning to buy the white version. Any problems with discoloration?

Mar 30, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #2,364 of 2,828
I imagine if you wear them with a pair of thick paste frame glasses you might experience some extra pressure... I wear my M-80 while wearing my Oakley Rotor 2.0 Rx glasses (average size/thickness) without much issue tho, the glasses might be slightly harder to slide up my noise bridge with one finger but that's about it.

Can't say I've ever had the M-80 on while wearing sunglasses, I can try then with my Ray Ban New Wayfarers later (I know lots of people actually use those as eyeglasses). No clue about the white ones, sorry.

Mar 30, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #2,365 of 2,828
Quote:
Hi all,

Strongly considering buying the m80s because of headfi.
But I have some questions.

1) will it fit well if you wear glasses
2) planning to buy the white version. Any problems with discoloration?

I usually put the M-80 on first and then I put the ear hooks of my glasses on over my earcups. It makes the glasses feel a bit strange on the bridge of my nose, but they they are very sturdy and do not slip.

Mar 30, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #2,367 of 2,828
I mean on top of the earcup. So the glasses actually sit on my headphones and not on my ears.

Mar 30, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #2,369 of 2,828
They aren't loose at all. If you have any comfort issues, you could always return them. V-MODA has a great 60-day no questions asked return policy.

Mar 30, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #2,370 of 2,828
Has anyone paired these with the C&C BH? I know these fair well with the E11... so I can assume the answer being yes. Still, I would like some feedback if anyone has any personal experience with that portable setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back