V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Mar 30, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #2,371 of 2,828
They aren't loose at all. If you have any comfort issues, you could always return them. V-MODA has a great 60-day no questions asked return policy.

Oh I wasn't the one asking about the fit... I was just curious. I already own the M-80 and I wear them with my glasses in their regular position just fine (said as much a couple posts ago), and I wear thicker rimmed glasses than those half frames you've got... I must have bigger ears or something. :p

Mar 30, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #2,372 of 2,828
Quote:
No they don't leak at all, I think you'll find their sound signature to be right along what you're looking for.

There's a whole separate thread dedicated to pictures of custom ordered V-moda shields btw. They've actually gotten pretty good at reproducing more complex designs and shades that people have sent lately.

I might get some eventually, kinda irked mine shipped with a discount code for shields that expired a couple of weeks after I got them tho.
tongue.gif

I sure hope mine does too, I'm really interested in acquiring more custom shields. about to look for that thread....

Apr 3, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #2,373 of 2,828
Just uploaded my V-80 video review. 
size]

Apr 3, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #2,374 of 2,828
Need advice urgently - made this account just to ask this.

Ordering headphones TONIGHT so need replies

Do I get:
Audio Technica ATH-M50s
V-Moda Crossfade LP2s
V-Moda Crossfade M80s
AKG K550s
Sennheiser HD25-1 IIs

I listen to many genres of music, but primarily Jazz and Electronic stuff.
I appreciate good, clear punchy bass which doesn't bleed, but also need a well-rounded and precise sound to accommodate for Classical music and other genres which call for this.

Thanks in advance.

Apr 3, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #2,376 of 2,828
Quote:
Need advice urgently - made this account just to ask this.

Ordering headphones TONIGHT so need replies

Do I get:
Audio Technica ATH-M50s
V-Moda Crossfade LP2s
V-Moda Crossfade M80s
AKG K550s
Sennheiser HD25-1 IIs

I listen to many genres of music, but primarily Jazz and Electronic stuff.
I appreciate good, clear punchy bass which doesn't bleed, but also need a well-rounded and precise sound to accommodate for Classical music and other genres which call for this.

Thanks in advance.

For classical I think the HD25-1 ii will sound too congested (small soundstage) and the LP2 is too bass heavy, although not as much as I thought. The 550 would be the best for classical, but I don't think the bass will be punchy enough for electronic music. The best for your needs is either the M50 or the M-80 which both are good all-arounders. Between the two of them the M80 is a little more neutral and has better clarity, although comfort isn't as good as the M50.

Apr 3, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #2,378 of 2,828
The M-80s have better clarity so if detailed music is your thing, I'd go with them. Forgot to mention that the treble on the M50 is better extended.

Apr 3, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #2,379 of 2,828
Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply

So I guess it's down to the M50s or the M80s. Which are better for finely detailed music?
Bit of a dumb question, but really

Another considersation is over-ear style (M50) vs. on-ear style (M80).

Apr 4, 2013 at 3:48 AM Post #2,382 of 2,828
Quote:
Ordered the LP2s. Was that a bad move?

Quote:
Not if you like heavy bass.

hahaha. lp2 are considered to be very bassy dark headphones. basically extreme basshead status. if that is what you are looking for, that's chill. but i think that they are very different from the m50 & m80 that you were considering earlier.

Apr 4, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #2,384 of 2,828
I recently heard the LP2 and it wasn't as bassy as I thought it was going to be. I've never used the LP so I don't know how different they are, but I was expecting much more bass from the LP2. Let us know how they work out for classical and jazz, NakedLunch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back