V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Oct 20, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #2,041 of 2,828
Just bought these a few days ago.  The sound is great, build quality is sturdy and the looks are amazing, but I'm a bit worried about the comfort. I just can't wear these for more than an hour at a time. Do they really get better with time? 

Oct 20, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #2,042 of 2,828
Quote:
Just bought these a few days ago.  The sound is great, build quality is sturdy and the looks are amazing, but I'm a bit worried about the comfort. I just can't wear these for more than an hour at a time. Do they really get better with time? 

Yes, they do get better.
You can also try to bend the headband a bit, so it'll fit you better, as suggested in the included user-manual. Personally, it quite helped me.

Oct 20, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #2,043 of 2,828
I just gave these M-80 a try the other day in Radio Shack and played them through my IPhone. They sounded strange to me compared to my Grados. The Grados tend to fill my head with music while the M80 I tried made it seem like the music was more swirling around the top of my head if that makes sense. Has anybody else noticed this? They sure are good looking cans though.

Oct 20, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #2,044 of 2,828
I've tried bending the headband and bending the cups so they don't apply as much pressure on the back of my ears but I don't know how much force I should use. I know the headband can take quite a beating but I still don't want to risk damaging it.

Oct 20, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #2,045 of 2,828
Quote:
I just gave these M-80 a try the other day in Radio Shack and played them through my IPhone. They sounded strange to me compared to my Grados. The Grados tend to fill my head with music while the M80 I tried made it seem like the music was more swirling around the top of my head if that makes sense. Has anybody else noticed this? They sure are good looking cans though.

The staging is a bit incoherent, yes, but compared to grados it's about as spacious, for a semi-open, much smaller can. The issues, it seems, with m-80 imaging (not to say it's bad, but it just isn't great), is that the slightly loose lower end serves to fill in the gaps between what should be properly isolated factors of the image. But in terms of "fun-factor" crossed with performance and cost, these vastly outperform their counterparts from beyer and senn.

Kojaku

Oct 20, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #2,046 of 2,828
Quote:

It should, Grados don't have any sound stage, especially the smaller ones.

Oct 21, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #2,047 of 2,828
Quote:
Quote:

It should, Grados don't have any sound stage, especially the smaller ones.

I meant the comment in a negative way. I like the way my Grados sound better than the M80.

Oct 22, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #2,049 of 2,828
JUST Okay? :frowning2: Does this song sound nice, clear, and energetic? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZpmj1assiQ It is a Japanese metal band.

Their latest album has a lot of electronic influence on it, so maybe it sounds great through the M-80?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvphbOzspZY&feature=related I would say it is NSFW haha. Just ignore the videos.

I have been listening through a pair of Westone 3's and once I heard my full sized speakers I realized I have been missing the "full" sound so now I want the M-80/100

I read a little more. I see that the M-80 has mid-bass emphasis and the sub-bass is not that amazing. Then how everyone describes the rest of the spectrum, it sounds like my W3. Awww, I wanted something more "powerful." Correct me if I'm wrong. 

Oct 23, 2012 at 10:47 AM Post #2,050 of 2,828
First post!  I really all 136 pages before I decided to purchase my own M80s.  I used to live and sleep with my grados but now I want to try something new and boy was I amazed.  From listening to no bass to INTENSE AMOUNT OF BASS, I wasn't expecting this from a mid-budget on-ear headphones.  This is definitely a must-buy, very good value for your $$$.  No to mention that I got it for $135 CAN @vuugo.com haha!  

http://www.vuugo.com/computer-hardware/computer-peripherals/headsets/gaming-headset/vmoda-headphone-M-80-SHADOW.html

Oct 23, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #2,053 of 2,828
Quote:

Maybe you wore them too high up on your ears?

Oct 23, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #2,054 of 2,828
Quote:

Maybe you wore them too high up on your ears?

Not to mention, you really need to wear them for an hour or more to get the memory foam pads to conform to your ears and heat up the first time.  They really do form to your ears after a bit and then that time is less and less each time you wear them.  Just putting them on and listening for ten min. does NOT do these things justice at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back