V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Sep 20, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #1,996 of 2,828
The new cables have the mic separate from the controls. Meaning it will have a smaller mic "thingy" in the cable around chin/neck area and then youll have the other bigger thingy for the remote at the lower part of the cable.

As far as stretching the headband, I have a rather normal size melon so I had no need to.

Btw, here's my current setup:

White Pearls, FiiO E6, Samsung Admire

642236070.JPG

Sep 20, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #1,997 of 2,828
Wow, that was fast!  Thank you for the replies!  The pearl white is really sharp looking.  I ordered mine in shadow, but only because I am too chicken to wear white. 

Hmmm, may need to order an E6 next too!  Do you notice improved SQ with the E6?

Sep 20, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #1,998 of 2,828
Quote:
Wow, that was fast!  Thank you for the replies!  The pearl white is really sharp looking.  I ordered mine in shadow, but only because I am too chicken to wear white. 

Hmmm, may need to order an E6 next too!  Do you notice improved SQ with the E6?

Chicken?...gotta do your own thing bro. 

The E6 is working awesome for me, specially with my current music source. LOTS of volume and better sound overall.

I know it will never be as good as having a quality dedicated player with LOD connections, etc, etc.......but soon enough. Baby steps.

Sep 21, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #2,000 of 2,828
I love the industrial-looking Shadow, but I got the White Pearls on top of that just because they look so damn classy and luxurious. Pictures don't do them justice. And I am usually more of a black headphone kind of person.

Sep 21, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #2,004 of 2,828
Sep 21, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #2,005 of 2,828
Hi Roma,

I see you have the Denon D1000 up for sale. How would you compare these to the M-80s?

Cheers!

While the M-80s are more refined across the board and isolate better, the D1000s are just as balanced with a slightly more natural timbre. They also have a bit of sparkle up top. I'm kind of on the fence about selling them but I need the funds a bit more.

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #2,006 of 2,828
Hey guys...anybody knows if v-moda will ever sell ear pad replacements for the M-80's? 

Sep 25, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #2,007 of 2,828
Quote:

I'm pretty sure I read a report saying that Apple is the only one able to make the adapter, due to their licensing methods...so I guess that means you'd be stuck with just using that dongle hanging off and a normal LOD.  Not much else they can really do, it seems.
Quote:
Hey guys...anybody knows if v-moda will ever sell ear pad replacements for the M-80's? 

Might wanna contact support about that.

Sep 26, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #2,008 of 2,828
Received my new M80s this weekend and really enjoying them.  I am pleasantly surprised by how comfortable they are with only about 10 hours of ear-time and minimal stretching; I just put them around the case overnight.  Some of the reviews almost prevented me from buying them. Glad I did and hope this helps anyone sitting on the fence with comfort concerns.  

Sep 27, 2012 at 4:54 AM Post #2,009 of 2,828
Quote:
Received my new M80s this weekend and really enjoying them.  I am pleasantly surprised by how comfortable they are with only about 10 hours of ear-time and minimal stretching; I just put them around the case overnight.  Some of the reviews almost prevented me from buying them. Glad I did and hope this helps anyone sitting on the fence with comfort concerns.  

THE FIT IS THE SOUND... TRUST ME... and we use the best steel in the world in the headband, so you can adjust but please do so within reason :>
Quote:

OUI...  soon if not now, we are OOS I believe but the whole ear cushion assembly is user replaceable.  Try it and see!  it snaps off.
Quote:
They can't, the iPhone 5 doesn't have analog output with the new dock connector.

new dock has DAC as I've heard!

Sep 27, 2012 at 9:36 AM Post #2,010 of 2,828
Quote:
OUI...  soon if not now, we are OOS I believe but the whole ear cushion assembly is user replaceable.  Try it and see!  it snaps off.

I already tried....lol....plus I knew it since the Innerfidelity review on them. Is just that I never seen them in stock on the website.

But thanks for your reply!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back