V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Apr 9, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #1,396 of 2,828

Quote:
We have to charge double for the two sides/diff logos.  The main cost actually is in the art/design setup and modification.  In fact, it takes us quite a long time to setup the artwork and sometimes reprint/try it multiple times - we are doing it at nearly break-even as a service with a "reverse gillette/HP printer" philosophy.  Personally, I like actually choosing the red or the brushed better than the matte on M-80.  Matte looks better on LP/LP2 IMO.

PS M-100 shields are the same as LP2/LP so you can plan or order now...

10K on Engadget?
If we hit 10k comments I'll make a special, so join on in and CROSS(FADE) your fingers!  Contest closes in a few hours:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/09/engadget-giveaway-crossfade-m-80/

-v

Even on the White M80's? Hmm, I'll def have to consider that when I eventually get a shield kit then! And ah, I understand, certainly makes sense.

Apr 10, 2012 at 2:59 AM Post #1,397 of 2,828

Quote:
Even on the White M80's? Hmm, I'll def have to consider that when I eventually get a shield kit then! And ah, I understand, certainly makes sense.

Yes, price for customization is for a set as we are really charging for a "setup charge", like a print company does for proofs/etc...

Apr 10, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #1,398 of 2,828
Alright my M-80's got shipped today ... 
jecklinsmile.gif

But the last line of this review before the editor's rating makes me really mad (although don't know if it's true or not)
http://www.gadgetreview.com/2012/04/stir-it-up-on-ear-headphones-review.html

Apr 10, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #1,399 of 2,828
Apr 10, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #1,400 of 2,828
Alright my M-80's got shipped today ... :jecklinsmile:
But the last line of this review before the editor's rating makes me really mad (although don't know if it's true or not)
http://www.gadgetreview.com/2012/04/stir-it-up-on-ear-headphones-review.html

I'm sorry. Why does that make you mad? You(and most people) haven't heard those new phones. It may be true, although his fascination with headphone volume and wearing them on the neck(Cmon people, be considerate) probably means he's not an audiophile. And no offense, Val, I like V-moda because they put out good and stylish products for the money not because of the brand. Thankfully, you guys seem to be getting better and better so I have faith enough to preorder those M-100s.

Apr 11, 2012 at 8:16 AM Post #1,401 of 2,828
Got my m80's about a week ago and listened to them all easter weekend.  They sound great.  I did experience the soar ears for the first few times I wore them but I played with the head band and also let the ear cushions soften up.  They feel great now and i'm able to wear them for a few 2-3 hrs easily.  I would have liked the isolation to be a bit better and the head band another extra notch or 2 though, but for on ears they do a good job.  I guess i just have a big head because with a baseball cap on I have it extended all the way out. Everything else is great though, the sound is amazing.  I tried the Beats which are good if you're a base head but are way overpriced, give poor ANC and horrible leakage.  I normally watch a movie or television show on my macbook in bed if I can't sleep but I wouldn't do that with the studio's as it would keep my fiancé awake even at a mid/low volume.  I tried the bose QC15's which had amazing ANC but sounded just.... OK.  Both the Beat's studios and QC15's always felt like they would break easy and made me look like a tellatubbie.  The m80's are more snug to my head and feel like they built like a tank.  I am very impressed with the look and feel of the m80's and I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

If and when the super mic is available I hope there are different colour options.  I like the red one button cord, but need the 3 button remote for my iPhone4 and it seems like the 3 button cord is the only one not available in red.  I may pick up a set of red shields then too.

Apr 11, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #1,403 of 2,828
I just got my M-80s in today. The insert I got seems different than others I've seen from unboxings. One side it's a promo for the Vibrato and Faders along with a code for 20% for custom shields. On the other is the chick on a corset with "trueHERTZ" info on the left, and a quote from Val on the right. Is that normal or should I be worried or am I just being paranoid?

Apr 11, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #1,404 of 2,828
I just got my M-80s in today. The insert I got seems different than others I've seen from unboxings. One side it's a promo for the Vibrato and Faders along with a code for 20% for custom shields. On the other is the chick on a corset with "trueHERTZ" info on the left, and a quote from Val on the right. Is that normal or should I be worried or am I just being paranoid?

You didn't get a vial of blood and a visit from Anna Paquin? Weird. And the three escaping bats are a nice touch. Val, you're losing your touch man.

If you don't want it, i'll take your 20% off insert.:D

Apr 11, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #1,405 of 2,828
I got the same insert as you and I ordered them from B&H Photo which is listed as a verified dealer on the V-moda website.  I saw an unboxing of the V-80's which had a totally different insert, and one for the m80's that looked similar on one side but didn't have he 20% off.  I guess it depends on when they were shipped.  Just make sure you bought them from verified dealer you should be safe.

Apr 12, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #1,407 of 2,828
Apr 12, 2012 at 3:57 AM Post #1,408 of 2,828
He must have read the threads on head-fi and realized he made a loser comment.

Again, have you heard these headphones or are you just assuming? Maybe they are fantastic? Anyway, I asked him earlier how these are better then the HD-25s or M-80s...will be interesting to hear his thoughts.

Edit, I am actually interested in how those headphones do sound. If anyone has heard them before please let me know your thoughts.

Apr 12, 2012 at 4:10 AM Post #1,409 of 2,828

Quote:
Again, have you heard these headphones or are you just assuming? Maybe they are fantastic? Anyway, I asked him earlier how these are better then the HD-25s or M-80s...will be interesting to hear his thoughts.

I'm not assuming anything I'm commenting based on my own personal experience my friend. I own the M80 and the HD25 and I have heard the Marley Stir It Up headphones countless times as well as other headphones from the Marley product line, They are on display at both FutureShop and BestBuy and I've auditioned the Stir It Ups countless times. They're decent headphones in my opinion and do some things quite well but the M80 and HD25 do far more things quite well. The guy who wrote the linked article in my personal opinion is going overboard with his observations and should try being a little more objective. Of coarse who am I to judge if he likes them he likes them. Hope he rocks out to them for years to come and more power to him.

Apr 12, 2012 at 4:48 AM Post #1,410 of 2,828

Quote:
I'm not assuming anything I'm commenting based on my own personal experience my friend. I own the M80 and the HD25 and I have heard the Marley Stir It Up headphones countless times as well as other headphones from the Marley product line, They are on display at both FutureShop and BestBuy and I've auditioned the Stir It Ups countless times. They're decent headphones in my opinion and do some things quite well but the M80 and HD25 do far more things quite well. The guy who wrote the linked article in my personal opinion is going overboard with his observations and should try being a little more objective. Of coarse who am I to judge if he likes them he likes them. Hope he rocks out to them for years to come and more power to him.

Alright, thanks for your input. I was genuinely curious about whether you had heard these before. Any review that goes "Wow, these headphones are so loud, I can hear them across the room" and doesn't discuss sound signature is one I take with a grain of salt but I was hoping these would be fairly decent as I do like the look. So no go if I own the HD-25 and/or M-80s right? Oh well, my customized M-80s are stylish enough : D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back