V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Mar 11, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #2,806 of 2,828
They are definitely less bright, but the fit is strange. It took 2 weeks before I could wear mine for more than 20 minutes without feeling pain. If you want to give them a try V-MODA has a 60 day return policy, no questions asked.

Mar 11, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #2,807 of 2,828
  I have ATH-M50x's (a bit too sharp and bright in the highs) and I'm trying to find something more portable as well as not as bright so the M80's seem like the best choice but I'm hesitant to get them because I can't tell if they'll sound less bright or fit me well.

Like the other guy said, they're a tight fit.  I recommend you avoid headphones known to have boosted treble.  M100 and Momentum Over-ear are probably two much better options.  The newer versions of the Momentums can fold up, too; a feature missing from the originals.  Frequency response graphs on M100 and the original Momentums show that they are more subdued in the treble region if I remember correctly.  I've read that the Sony CD900ST isn't very bright, either.

As a last resort, put HM5 earpads from mp4nation on your M50x and see if that mellows things out enough for you.

Apr 20, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #2,808 of 2,828
I could not be happier with mine, I've had them for almost a year now and have designed 3 pairs of custom shields. Coming from Skullcandy headphones I could not be happier!! I love the sound and customization you can do. Also very comfortable to wear all day long they dont press or clamp hard against your head/ears.

Jun 14, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #2,809 of 2,828

Head-Fiers, can you guess what is in the V-MODA Pulp Fiction #SecretSuitcase?

We launched a giveaway to find out the answer. 

You can all participate in here: http://VVV.MODA/OiRDO.

COMMENT the answer below the Facebook post and SHARE the post on FB for a chance to win an historical V-MODA treasure worth $400
Hint #1: it is not a headphone, AMP, DAC or a speaker but it works with your Crossfade or XS
Hint #2: Jude knows the answer and therefore cannot participate, sorry dude! ☺

Contest ends June 15th 9pm PST. The winner will be chosen at random on June 16th.

#WeHappy?

Sep 17, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #2,810 of 2,828
I just got a used pair of m80 for about $70 How do they compare to solo 2.0 and the urbanite. Do they sound different after burn in?

So far they are great

Sep 18, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #2,811 of 2,828
The Urbanite has a bland treble that makes music sound dark and unexciting. The only things it has over the M-80 are comfort and isolation.

Sep 30, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #2,812 of 2,828
Just got pair of M80's yesterday. I want to categorically say that the unit now comes with only the 1-button cable. No more extra cables. I was disappointed as all the youtube review videos mention that the unit comes with an extra 3-button cable. I emailed V-moda and they suggested I buy an extra 3-button cable on their website!
confused_face.gif

Sep 30, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #2,813 of 2,828
The 3-button cables went away for a couple years and have only recently resurfaced. Back when they included both the cables, the M-80 was selling for $200. How much did you pay for yours?

Oct 1, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #2,814 of 2,828

I bought mine for USD 106. Wow almost 100 difference for a cable. I am going to just shut up about it then. 

Since this is a review thread, just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. Compared to the Sennheiser Momentum on ear, I much prefer the Sennheiser. The alcantara material on the ear pads is a luxury. The M80 is plenty comfortable but the Momentum has a slight edge in this department. Sound wise, the Momentum just sounds richer for bass. The treble of the M80 is a bit dull compared to the Sennheiser. 

Oct 2, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #2,815 of 2,828

I bought mine for USD 106. Wow almost 100 difference for a cable. I am going to just shut up about it then. 

Since this is a review thread, just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. Compared to the Sennheiser Momentum on ear, I much prefer the Sennheiser. The alcantara material on the ear pads is a luxury. The M80 is plenty comfortable but the Momentum has a slight edge in this department. Sound wise, the Momentum just sounds richer for bass. The treble of the M80 is a bit dull compared to the Sennheiser. 

yup yup same findings from me... i quite liked the treble on the momentum on ears! the alcantara was a nice change up from the more commonly used pleathers out there. very breathable!

biggest issue was that the midrange... sighhhh....

midrange= xs> moe

treble=moe>xs

Oct 2, 2015 at 2:17 AM Post #2,816 of 2,828

For some reason the M80 sounds better when used with my iPhone 6 but the momentum sounds better with my iMac. Impedance issues? So my go-to when I am moving about is the M80 with my iPhone and its the momentum when I am at my desk.  

Oct 2, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #2,817 of 2,828
There's a few variables. I'm not that familiar with Apple products, but different DACs, different amplifiers, and different impedances. Even different audio player software can have an effect. I notice differences, however slight, when plugging my headphones into my Aune T1, FiiO E9, Galaxy SIII, Soud Blaster Z, cMoyBB V2.03, and Vamp Verza.

Nov 28, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #2,818 of 2,828
I am considering trading/selling my M80s for beyerdyamic dt 1350 or Sennheiser Momemtum on ear. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Nov 29, 2015 at 1:29 AM Post #2,819 of 2,828
Momentum on-ear has a more detailed sound than the M80, but has a strong upper mids peak and poorer treble clarity than M80's.  Bass rocks harder than M80's.  DT1350 kills the other two.  If you can go for DT1350, I definitely recommend trying it first.  If you are unhappy with its fit and sound for whatever reason(s), then try the Momentum on-ear.

Nov 29, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #2,820 of 2,828
I am considering trading/selling my M80s for beyerdyamic dt 1350 or Sennheiser Momemtum on ear. Anyone have thoughts on this?
Momentum on-ear has a more detailed sound than the M80, but has a strong upper mids peak and poorer treble clarity than M80's.  Bass rocks harder than M80's.  DT1350 kills the other two.  If you can go for DT1350, I definitely recommend trying it first.  If you are unhappy with its fit and sound for whatever reason(s), then try the Momentum on-ear.

Oddly enough i find the treble much clearer and more detailed on the momentum on ears compared to the xs which is known for having improved on the treble extension.

Bass i did prefer the xs, the moes was too loose for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back