V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Jan 9, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #2,776 of 2,828
You guys think it would be too much to ask of V moda to send a pair of memory foam pads for free to Europe? Seem to remember others posting here that they have done so in the past in regards to pads and cables (might have been within the US though). 

Recently got a huge tear in one of the pads, but since I got them for christmas two years ago I presume warranty won't cover it. 

Jan 9, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #2,777 of 2,828
If not for free you can always order them.

http://v-moda.com/xs-m-80-memory-cushions/

Jan 10, 2015 at 3:56 AM Post #2,778 of 2,828
Hello guys, I'm looking to buy the m-80 on Amazonreally soon. I saw the packaging of a few of them and they were different. There was m-80 Noise Isolating and M-80 Vocal. Any ddifferences between the 2?

Jan 10, 2015 at 4:12 AM Post #2,779 of 2,828
I have a white set from a couple of years ago - says 'on ear noise isolating metal' on the box. I don't remember there being a 'vocal' option...interesting. I'd say they are great headphones, I'm sure you'll be happy with them if you get them

Jan 10, 2015 at 5:45 AM Post #2,780 of 2,828

These are the M-80 Vocal and the one that Amazon is currently selling. It might just be the packaging. The normal having more than 1 cable and the vocal having only the 1-button cable. I'm a bit paranoid still. Waiting probably 2-3 days before confirming my purchase

Jan 10, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #2,781 of 2,828
  If not for free you can always order them.

http://v-moda.com/xs-m-80-memory-cushions/

Would become way to expensive for just a pair of pads with shipping and extra tax/customs. Would rather just put that money towards a new headphone instead though it would be a shame to just put the m80's to the side. Wish the pads were available in Europe at amazon or something..

Jan 10, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #2,782 of 2,828

These are the M-80 Vocal and the one that Amazon is currently selling. It might just be the packaging. The normal having more than 1 cable and the vocal having only the 1-button cable. I'm a bit paranoid still. Waiting probably 2-3 days before confirming my purchase

I think that's just the evolution of the packaging. If you are able to buy the M-80 with two cables you might luck out and get one with the 3-button Apple
cable that V-MODA no longer sells. If not, you get two cables instead of one.

I know that originally the M-80 came in the Shadow color scheme and the White M-80 came out later around the same time they got rid of the Apple cable, so the box design may reflect that change. If you look closely at the picture you posted it appears that the cable has 3 buttons. The XS is the only model that has altered the M-80's original sound.

Would become way to expensive for just a pair of pads with shipping and extra tax/customs. Would rather just put that money towards a new headphone instead though it would be a shame to just put the m80's to the side. Wish the pads were available in Europe at amazon or something..

I've seen V-MODA pads and cables for sale at retail stores here in New York City and I know they have offices in Italy as well as distribution centers all over Europe and Asia. Maybe with a little research you can find a retailer near you.

Jan 10, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #2,783 of 2,828
I've seen V-MODA pads and cables for sale at retail stores here in New York City and I know they have offices in Italy as well as distribution centers all over Europe and Asia. Maybe with a little research you can find a retailer near you.

I've already asked V-MODA about availability in Europe and no luck there, apparently only available in the US, which I find strange.

Jan 10, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #2,784 of 2,828

What stores specifically? Do you know? I want to check them out next time I go to the city.

Jan 10, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #2,785 of 2,828
@papr
B&H Photo sells XL pads and AC Gears carries shields for the M-80/XS. I wasn't really looking for other accessories so they might have more. You can check their websites to see what they carry and call them to see what they have in store.

Jan 18, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #2,787 of 2,828
sorry if im necroing the thread im just ordering this headphones from amazon

the price is like 89.99 + shipping to singapore is around 104 dollar (im living in indonesia, and the price here is like 175 usd) and the xs is 200 usd

so its like no brainer for me to buy these headphones.

the question is, is XS worth the 100 usd difference?

Im upgrading from a fake IE80 (got it from my friend, sound good thoo its the high quality fake) never use any audiophile headphones...

i will tell my first experience here (with my **** knowledge tho) i just hope this thing worth the money hahaha

Jan 18, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #2,788 of 2,828
chancool
You're gonna like these headphones I've tried them out myself. With the sale Amazon is doing right now I was immensely tempted to put it in my cart. The XS are very good as well, knowing that it's a newer model shows they are better but I say to stick with the M-80s for a while. It's just like how Microsoft came out with a new Xbox, the best thing to do is to buy the model before and buy all the previous AAA games for cheap.

Jan 18, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #2,789 of 2,828
Thanks for the quick reply, i order this now and hope for the best

i will get it before chinese new year...

this thing is so cheap thats why im so tempted to buy it

but from some research, i found that this headphones is not comfortable at all, how do m80 users deal with this problem?

and the treble problem, how to fix this?

sorry if i ask too much im just so exited from buying my first expensive headphones, and want to learn more about audiophile headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back