V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Jan 11, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #2,686 of 2,828
does anyone else find these to be quite picky with the audio quality? if I play things that are not very well recorded they are less forgiving than any other earphones/headphones I've had... but when I play good quality music, they just shine so much. so is it just me or are they really picky headphones? maybe I need to burn them in a bit...

Jan 12, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #2,688 of 2,828
  does anyone else find these to be quite picky with the audio quality? if I play things that are not very well recorded they are less forgiving than any other earphones/headphones I've had... but when I play good quality music, they just shine so much. so is it just me or are they really picky headphones? maybe I need to burn them in a bit...

I have noticed this as well.  i love this headphone but i feel like i need a better dap and it almost has to be silent in the room to enjoy them.

Jan 12, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #2,689 of 2,828
I'm enjoying these sooo much. they're the most fun-sounding headphone I've owned!

the good:
- the bass has a really nice slam but it does not overpower the rest of the sound.
- the mids are gorgeous, vocals and guitars sound so pretty!
- the highs could be better, but I really can't complain.
- the soundstage is very, very nice. I feel it's pretty spacious, horizontally.
- I also find them to be pretty detailed. 
- the instrument separation is amazing! it's the first time I can distinguish the bassist from the guitarist so accurately. 
- they feel incredibly sturdy. I don't think they'll ever break from regular use, and the case that's included makes it even better. 

the bad: 
- they're kind of uncomfortable. they make my ear hurt after a bit, but it's been getting better. I guess the pads just need to soften a bit.
- they sounded kind of veiled/cavernous at first, but the burn-in has taken care of that. 

I really love them, V-Moda really put a great product out. it shows that the company takes pride in what they do. definitely one of my best purchases ever! they're worth every penny. 

Jan 16, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #2,690 of 2,828
  Hey guys!

This is my first post on Head-Fi after creeping this site for about a year :').

I just bought the M-80 (V-80, whatever) and have started listening with them after letting them burn for two days.

I did have a question. Before buying, I saw a lot of people saying there were videos/instructions on how you could bend them so that they'd give the best fit for your head. Does anybody have a link of sort for that?

I'm going to do some more listening and post my thoughts, but I'm quite enjoying them so far =D.

Hi..
I don't have the M80, but i am so interested with this headphone and I just visit this thread.
I'm not sure which video that people saying, but I think it's this one
▶ V-Moda M-80 and V-80 True Blood Headphone Review - YouTube

That's a review from a quite well known reviewer, and there's instructions about how to bend the headphone to adjust the fit.

So, what's your impression about them ?

Jan 16, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #2,692 of 2,828
  I'm enjoying these sooo much. they're the most fun-sounding headphone I've owned!

the good:
- the bass has a really nice slam but it does not overpower the rest of the sound.
- the mids are gorgeous, vocals and guitars sound so pretty!
- the highs could be better, but I really can't complain.
- the soundstage is very, very nice. I feel it's pretty spacious, horizontally.
- I also find them to be pretty detailed. 
- the instrument separation is amazing! it's the first time I can distinguish the bassist from the guitarist so accurately. 
- they feel incredibly sturdy. I don't think they'll ever break from regular use, and the case that's included makes it even better. 

the bad: 
- they're kind of uncomfortable. they make my ear hurt after a bit, but it's been getting better. I guess the pads just need to soften a bit.
- they sounded kind of veiled/cavernous at first, but the burn-in has taken care of that. 

I really love them, V-Moda really put a great product out. it shows that the company takes pride in what they do. definitely one of my best purchases ever! they're worth every penny. 

"Fun" is exactly what these cans are. Your review is 100% dead on. At the end of the day they simply put a smile on my face :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back