V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Dec 18, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #2,673 of 2,828
  I agree that it isn't very isolating. The Crossfade is is more isolating but leaks sound badly.

which crossfade are you referring to..? 

the m80s are also under crossfade

same with the lp and the m100

i hope the xs fixes this isolation issue and the treble issue on the m80, if thats the case i will immediately pull the trigger once it hits the market. or preorder =) but i need some impressions first though

Dec 19, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #2,674 of 2,828
Guys a little help please...

I have a pair of cal!s, a pair of hd25-1II's and a month agor i bought a pair of sennheiser meomentums ("over ear")....

Right now i am about to get rid of the momentums because i have some issues with the sel that drive me crazy.... I absolutely love the sound and they are definitly the best pair of headphones i ever tried but unfortunately i am focusing more on the seal issue and that does not makes me enjoy my music as i should....

I paid 160 euros for the momentums when i bought them and right now i have 2 offers for the...

The first one is to sell them for the 160 euros (exactly what i spent) and the other is a trade proposal.... a pair of m80s plus 80 euros.....

So here are my questions....

1- Are there fake m80's (lets clear this out)?
2- Is a very bad downgrade to hand a pair of momentums for a pair of m80s' (even though i still get 80 euros plus).

(theres a 3rd option wich is to to trade my momentums for a pair of hd598's plus 40 euros but lets stick to closed back...)

I know i am comparing on ears with over ears but in terms of sound quality is it like a leap back?

Hope you guys can help me please....

Oh by the way... 50% of what i listen is pop, alternative and rock and the other 50% is edm...

Dec 21, 2013 at 6:22 AM Post #2,675 of 2,828
  Guys a little help please...

I have a pair of cal!s, a pair of hd25-1II's and a month agor i bought a pair of sennheiser meomentums ("over ear")....

Right now i am about to get rid of the momentums because i have some issues with the sel that drive me crazy.... I absolutely love the sound and they are definitly the best pair of headphones i ever tried but unfortunately i am focusing more on the seal issue and that does not makes me enjoy my music as i should....

I paid 160 euros for the momentums when i bought them and right now i have 2 offers for the...

The first one is to sell them for the 160 euros (exactly what i spent) and the other is a trade proposal.... a pair of m80s plus 80 euros.....

So here are my questions....

1- Are there fake m80's (lets clear this out)?
2- Is a very bad downgrade to hand a pair of momentums for a pair of m80s' (even though i still get 80 euros plus).

(theres a 3rd option wich is to to trade my momentums for a pair of hd598's plus 40 euros but lets stick to closed back...)

I know i am comparing on ears with over ears but in terms of sound quality is it like a leap back?

Hope you guys can help me please....

Oh by the way... 50% of what i listen is pop, alternative and rock and the other 50% is edm...

the m80s leak in much more sound than the momentums, so keep that it mind.
im not sure if there are fakes, but soundwise i prefer the m80s, but i only listen to classical ^^:::

Dec 21, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #2,676 of 2,828
  which crossfade are you referring to..? 

the m80s are also under crossfade

same with the lp and the m100

i hope the xs fixes this isolation issue and the treble issue on the m80, if thats the case i will immediately pull the trigger once it hits the market. or preorder =) but i need some impressions first though

Sorry. I was referring to the Crossfade LP.

Dec 23, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #2,677 of 2,828
Hey guys I am getting a creaking on my left ear cup whenever I press on the ear cup (shield area) or when I push the cable? Any thoughts on what is wrong with them and how to fix them?

Also I got these when Radioshack was liquidating them and got the floor model no box, no warranty card, nothing but the headphones but the serial number is intact. Do I need the warranty card for any repairs from V-Moda? I still have the receipt from Radio Shack with me.

Thanks

Dec 23, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #2,678 of 2,828
Hey guys I am getting a creaking on my left ear cup whenever I press on the ear cup (shield area) or when I push the cable? Any thoughts on what is wrong with them and how to fix them?

Also I got these when Radioshack was liquidating them and got the floor model no box, no warranty card, nothing but the headphones but the serial number is intact. Do I need the warranty card for any repairs from V-Moda? I still have the receipt from Radio Shack with me.

Thanks

I would contact Vmoda.........with the receipt and serial number, I think they would honor your repairs.  Ive heard great things about Vmoda and their warranty department.

Dec 24, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #2,680 of 2,828
I have a question regarding shipping. I ordered mine 2 weeks ago (December 9th) and have yet to receive them. It's international shipping, so how much longer should I wait without worrying?

I think it took 3 and a half weeks or so to receive mine, but this was a year ago. Yours might take about the same time or maybe even more, since it's holiday season. I live in Canada.

Dec 24, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #2,681 of 2,828
so I got my m80's back today. but the slide part still wobbles on both sides.  I guess that's the norm or its within whats considered acceptable.  there's also a creek in the headband part.  only creeks with the earpieces are all the way inserted inside the band.  thinking metal on metal rubbing in there. maybe get a couple of drops of dry lube in there to ease that.  im extremely happy with the sound and look,  just a bit disappointed with the wobbly slides and the creeking.  anyone else having issues like these.. I wonder if the would do the life exchange program for for the new xs whenever that comes out.

Dec 24, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #2,682 of 2,828

I would contact Vmoda.........with the receipt and serial number, I think they would honor your repairs.  Ive heard great things about Vmoda and their warranty department.

Bar none!  I had a little plastic clear tab inside of my M-100 hard-shell case broken.  Emailed them yesterday morning with a picture and S/N.  Within 3hr got a reply back, and 1hr later a tracking number for replacement case to arrive right after x-mas.  I honestly never seen or heard anything to be resolved so fast.  Great company!  Great product!  Top support!!!

Dec 26, 2013 at 4:43 AM Post #2,683 of 2,828
I had my m80's for around a year, I did like them, but I found I couldn't really use them outdoors , especially if it was windy, or if I was walking along a busy street, as the outdoor noise penetrated easily through the headphones.

So I asked my mother-in-law if she wanted them for Christmas. The look on her face when she first tried them was priceless, she had such a big grin, and that expression of pure amazement. She couldn't believe music could sound so good . ( She had previous been using the earphones that come with your smart phones, she is also in her 60's  ) 

Now I know they will finally be put to good use.

Dec 26, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #2,684 of 2,828
  I had my m80's for around a year, I did like them, but I found I couldn't really use them outdoors , especially if it was windy, or if I was walking along a busy street, as the outdoor noise penetrated easily through the headphones.

So I asked my mother-in-law if she wanted them for Christmas. The look on her face when she first tried them was priceless, she had such a big grin, and that expression of pure amazement. She couldn't believe music could sound so good . ( She had previous been using the earphones that come with your smart phones, she is also in her 60's  ) 

Now I know they will finally be put to good use.

wow your mother-in- law probably instantly became the coolest amongst her friends

surprised she would grin lol no one in my family would really give any emotion just go like "oh okay thanks" 

lol good for you! you made someones day

Dec 28, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #2,685 of 2,828
Hey guys!

This is my first post on Head-Fi after creeping this site for about a year :').

I just bought the M-80 (V-80, whatever) and have started listening with them after letting them burn for two days.

I did have a question. Before buying, I saw a lot of people saying there were videos/instructions on how you could bend them so that they'd give the best fit for your head. Does anybody have a link of sort for that?

I'm going to do some more listening and post my thoughts, but I'm quite enjoying them so far =D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back