V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Apr 18, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #2,447 of 2,828
No way, how can pearl white be feminine. It's a neutral colour to me and looks really good. I had also considered the white but was afraid it would get dirty too easily

The pearl white look extremely shiny and bright in all the pictures I've seen, if they were a bit more of a dull white then I would get them for sure but i haven't seen them in person so I'm just basing my opinion off pictures.

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:16 AM Post #2,449 of 2,828
So I swapped out my cables (because it came with two). Turns out one of my cables was bad, haven't had any sound cutting out since the switch. 

Apr 19, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #2,451 of 2,828
Quote:
White is either very fancy or girly. So if u dress nicely i think it would work well.

are you serious.... i prefer the white over the black anyday... black is over done way too much in society... soo bland..... especially in headphones where a majority of them is only in black....i would get the white for sure 

just worried a bit about the headband staining from hanging around my neck or yellowing a bit but that aside white for sure

Apr 19, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #2,452 of 2,828
are you serious.... i prefer the white over the black anyday... black is over done way too much in society... soo bland..... epcially in headphones where a majority of them is only in black....i would get the white for sure 

just worried a bit about the headband staining from hanging around my neck or yellowing a bit but that aside white for sure

I have decided to go for the pearl white, they just look so much better. After reading a bit on the pearl whites, i've learned the actual colour is more of a creamy white vs. Flashy/shiny white that you see in pictures. I'm not too worried about the headband staining, since it is I believe a seude type material.

Apr 22, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #2,453 of 2,828
s500 is better:

- more portable
- more detail
- better treble
- better bass
- faster

Haha no.
Out the box this is a much more refined device whereas the jvc need extensive burn in and pad modding to achieve their sonic maximum potential.
The mids on this m80 is superior in involvement to the sony 1r wich is no slouch.
The problem with this unit is it is already at its maximum potential from such a remarkably small housing.
I prefer these m80 easily over the Amperiors and the dt1350.
Much more musical and inviting.
It is hard to beat the m80 mids.
The bass is also very good.
The treble is relaxed and smooth to me.
That is more important than flashy trebles(jvc & Senn) that will cause you ear fatigue.
Some may prefer the dt1350 clean flat sterile cute sound but the m80 is just more musical.
So hats off to Val on this masterpiece.

Apr 26, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #2,454 of 2,828
Quote:
are you serious.... i prefer the white over the black anyday... black is over done way too much in society... soo bland..... especially in headphones where a majority of them is only in black....i would get the white for sure 

but tom... you're a girl!

Apr 27, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #2,456 of 2,828
Quote:
but tom... you're a girl!

lol if your gonna say that u should've at least called me tammy or something

regardless if i say "black  headphones" theres too many that comes to mind, too many headphones are black man

black needs to be tastefully done, like momentums thats a nice black headphone

Apr 29, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #2,457 of 2,828
I prefer black everything but I have to say, the White Pearl M-80 is a thing of beauty. Just feels and looks like luxury in your hands. Very tasteful. I love mine and it's a nice complement to all the other black headphones I have.

May 2, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #2,460 of 2,828
I am listening to my M-80's with a iPod 7th Generation (Rockbox + FLAC) and my E11. This setup allows me to quickly swap between the E11/iPod outputs and I found that I hear some floor noise and it sort of ruins the experience. The mid's and high's also seem a little more tame. I am wondering if anyone else notices this or if I have a bum E11? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back