V-MODA CROSSFADE M-80 AUDIO VOYAGE – Reviewers wanted!
Sep 20, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #361 of 467
Definitely looking forward to your shootout Armaegis. :)

Awesome thread and offer by V Moda. wish I hadn't been out of the country with no Internet access or else I would've so taken part in this. These phones definitely sound like my cup of tea. Or at least I hope! :p

If anyone can comment on the timbre quality of the instruments and how natural the sound is on the m/v 80s I would greatly appreciate it. I recently found my near-perfect sound in an iem (kind of shocking for me since i never deemed myself an iem person) - the panasonic hje 900. I love how natural the instruments sound on them and i wonder if the v modas have that similar natural sounding flavor. Also I'd love to know how good the imaging is.

Anyway a very big congrats to all winners and I'm definitely looking forward to all your awesome reviews.

Sep 21, 2011 at 5:37 AM Post #362 of 467

So, I received my pair after ordering it from V-Moda on the 18th. Shipped the 19th, received it the 20th. I live in CA, though, so don't expect to get it that soon if you don't live in California. I was going to post the intial impressions in here, but I made it pretty long with adding the photos. So, here's a link.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/572736/v-moda-crossfade-m-80-initial-impressions-review-not-chosen-for-the-sponsor-review-but-bought-a-pair-anyways

I'll probably edit that disclaimer in the title, but yeah. Just my opinion from a nub. I was also going to post it in the M-80 thread already in the portables section, but again, the photos/specific songs impression made it a bit long, so I just created a new thread.

Sep 21, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #365 of 467

Quote:
1) Christian Pop / Rock
2) Jazz
3) Movie / Anime / Game soundtracks, usually orchestral music

good luck sir.

biggrin.gif
 jk

Sep 21, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #366 of 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by papmech 

1) Christian Pop / Rock
2) Jazz
3) Movie / Anime / Game soundtracks, usually orchestral music

Talk about being fashionably late

Sep 21, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #367 of 467

Yup.. mine shipped on the 8th and just received ten today (the 21st).. I'm in Canada..
I'll pop over to the other thread to post impressions.  
Just a quick note.. they do need some break in.. compared to out of the box, bass is tightening up and mids are coming up after a couple of hours.  I'm running them side by side with my HD25-1 II's out of a FiiO E7.  The Senns are sounding a little thin in comparison.
Going to let them run a couple of days before I do any critical listening.  Definitely do see the potential.
Quote:

So, I received my pair after ordering it from V-Moda on the 18th. Shipped the 19th, received it the 20th. I live in CA, though, so don't expect to get it that soon if you don't live in California. 

Sep 21, 2011 at 11:25 PM Post #368 of 467

Quote:
Yup.. mine shipped on the 8th and just received ten today (the 21st).. I'm in Canada..
I'll pop over to the other thread to post impressions.  
Just a quick note.. they do need some break in.. compared to out of the box, bass is tightening up and mids are coming up after a couple of hours.  I'm running them side by side with my HD25-1 II's out of a FiiO E7.  The Senns are sounding a little thin in comparison.
Going to let them run a couple of days before I do any critical listening.  Definitely do see the potential.

Do you mind if I ask what you are using for burn-in (be it pink noise, or music files, etc). If you are using music files, would you mind letting me know what the file format type is, and bit-rate (etc), please?

How much burn-in do you think is necessary first?

Thanks
beerchug.gif

Sep 21, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #369 of 467

Quote:
Do you mind if I ask what you are using for burn-in (be it pink noise, or music files, etc). If you are using music files, would you mind letting me know what the file format type is, and bit-rate (etc), please?

Thanks
beerchug.gif

I'm not sure about these headphones. But I burned my SRH940's with WAV files from this website. I have a playlist of individual frequencies, frequency sweeps, pink noise, repeating frequency sweeps, and silence breaks (random order). I did this for about 20 hours total.

Sep 22, 2011 at 12:40 AM Post #370 of 467
I don't notice much sound difference after listening for 20+ hours...however the ear pads feel quite a bit different.  They are a lot softer and they form to my ears better.  So maybe you guys are seeing the same thing (or is it hearing?).  Just a better overall seal to your ears after the ear pads break in a bit.

Sep 22, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #371 of 467

Quote:
I don't notice much sound difference after listening for 20+ hours...however the ear pads feel quite a bit different.  They are a lot softer and they form to my ears better.  So maybe you guys are seeing the same thing (or is it hearing?).  Just a better overall seal to your ears after the ear pads break in a bit.

that makes a lot of sense, same happened with the DT1350, pads were a bit stiff first.

Sep 22, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #372 of 467
Just placed my order awhile ago and sent in my custom design. I'm literally from the other side of the globe (Philippines). I will provide mini updates on how the shipment goes... Can't wait.

Rock on!

Sep 22, 2011 at 7:43 PM Post #373 of 467
I just hook up to iTunes, set the playlist on continuous repeat and let her go.  All my ripped CD are Apple Lossless and the rest is generally purchased from the iTunes store.

Out of the box, the M-80's were  little sloppy and recessed.  The tightened and brightened up after a couple of hours last night.  I've let them run overnight and all day.  Just got home from work and will give them a listen to a little later tonight. They're still going and I should have a good 26-27 hours on them.

~~~ Update ~~~
Just listened to a few songs.. not that much different than last night after 3-4 hours so  break-in may be pretty short.  It may take some time for the pads to adjust properly to my ears.
Running them side by side with my HD25's (FiiO E7 using both HP outs)  though the sound signatures of both are similar, the M80's just give you more (richer, can even say more in your face/ears though not Grado'ish at all). Bass isn't as tight (a little sloppy but deeper with more impact) and PRaT is not up there with the HD25's but it's probably too early to tell for sure..

Quote:

Sep 22, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #374 of 467
Here is one of the first custom M-80s we just made:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back