V-MODA CROSSFADE M-80 AUDIO VOYAGE – Reviewers wanted!
Sep 17, 2011 at 11:16 AM Post #331 of 467

Quote:

I didn't completely understand the initial question about "faders", so I should have just kept quiet, instead. Sorry 'bout that
confused_face.gif

Hey, it's okay. I do that sometimes too. Maybe i didn't really phrase my question correctly too, causing the misunderstanding, but no hard feelings man!

Sep 17, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #332 of 467

Quote:
I wonder if we can order the true blood ones to get the red inner headband and the 2 red bolts BUT change the part (or replace) the true blood little black piece cover with the STD v-moda writing cover right above the ear piece.

VAL is that possible to order a setup like that????

That part isn't made to be removable, but it is very small in real life! 

-v

Sep 18, 2011 at 1:24 AM Post #333 of 467
I won a set of the new m-80 on ebay for a very good value. I'd consider these in the same class and price range as the HD 25 ii.  The packaging, hard case, high quality 1/4" adaptor, 2x Kevlar covered Cables, and headphones are all top-notch and appear very durable befitting their mil-spec rating. I have ~50 hours on them and they are still sounding better with use. I'm guessing that they will pretty much peak within the next 25-50 hours. I'm really liking these so far as an office/portable set to have in my work backpack.

Not unexpectedly they have a forward sound signature that is lush and full bodied while still maintaining its composure across increasing volume settings. Very easy to drive. I was surprised at how much volume was coming through my iphone. Of course they sound great through the Lyr.

The m-80 has a moderately-wide sound stage with good air between instruments. This is my first on-ear headphone and I'm adjusting to the fit. They need a little more time on my head for final fitting adjustments to find the optimum fit. I am hoping that with additional wear time the ear cups will mold to my ear. I can easily wear them for 2+ hours at this point. I have a small-medium sized head so YMMV.

I'm going to hedge my rating by saying these are between four and five stars. In the beginning they didn't sound that great (no big surprise) so I just left them running unattended on Media Monkey. Now that they are nearing more optimum SQ I will spend more time enjoying them. They are definitely keepers for me.

Sep 19, 2011 at 2:15 AM Post #334 of 467

Actually just bought my set, since I've been curious to get them. Sent the logo in, too, I'll most likely provide mini-updates in here. See how they are when they come in. Free ground shipping.

Sep 19, 2011 at 5:18 AM Post #335 of 467
Anyone know if u can still get those logo plates even if you already bought it?

Sep 19, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #336 of 467
  Has anyone tried the M-80's, un-amped, through an iPhone 4. If the iPhone still allows the M-80's to bring out their full potential, or optimum potential, i would buy it, because i only have an iPhone 4 as a source for the time being, and have no amp. Yet.

Sep 19, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #337 of 467

Quote:
  Has anyone tried the M-80's, un-amped, through an iPhone 4. If the iPhone still allows the M-80's to bring out their full potential, or optimum potential, i would buy it, because i only have an iPhone 4 as a source for the time being, and have no amp. Yet.

I've regularly use the M-80 directly driven by my iPhone 3GS (waiting for the iPhone 5 to upgrade)--using the three-button remote/mic cable--and I find it to be easy to drive.  Yes, it does sound very good that way (and directly out of my iPad).

I find the M-80 to be a revealing headphone, though, so, when practical, you should try an amp with it, too.

Sep 19, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #338 of 467

Quote:

there is a review up,  V-MODA M-80-SHADOW Crossfade M-80  by Milosolo

Sep 19, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #339 of 467

Quote:

The iPhone 4 and iPad 1/2 were used as the PRIMARY tuning sources/amps during development although we used many others of course, especially pro DJ gear from Allen & Heath, Pioneer and NI.  IMO the iPhone 4/iPad has quite amazing "vivid" midrange and flat response curves as source amps and DACs, way beyond the previous gen iPod and iPhones.  The iPhone 4/iPad trumps even the Macbook Pro I had during development and that I use for music production, I always convert the song to AIFF and send it to my iPad or iPhone for critical listening.   Firmware/Software versions of OS and the player software can change sound drastically, we learned this also with our V-MODA MUSIQUE app for iOS + Android.

Big kudos to Apple, I can't wait to see what the iPhone 5 has up its sleeves... I'm trying to find the best Android & Windows phone and software combo too, but so far the sound just seems "thinner" on the Androids amps I've tried.

-v

Sep 19, 2011 at 6:58 PM Post #345 of 467
The custom will be a white engraving on a choice of red or black right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back