V-MODA CROSSFADE M-80 AUDIO VOYAGE – Reviewers wanted!
Sep 14, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #317 of 467

Quote:

Drama, what? ^

I was going to spontaneously buy the M-80's, but still waiting on word on how to use the promotion code properly. Still doesn't appear to be working.

Did you use coupon code "HEADFI", try again! It will take $30 off and then in order notes tell them the color plates you want and send logo to "customs@v-moda.com"

TRIED IT:

Sep 15, 2011 at 12:35 PM Post #319 of 467

Sep 15, 2011 at 2:30 PM Post #320 of 467
No, V-Moda doesn't make crap like that. You've got them confused with Coby.

I think Audio WannaBe was asking if the Faders are ear plugs, similar to the foam ear plugs that some airlines hand out to their customers. If that was the question then yes, I think the Faders are the same concept but are made of metal instead of foam.

Sep 15, 2011 at 3:17 PM Post #321 of 467

Quote:
I think Audio WannaBe was asking if the Faders are ear plugs, similar to the foam ear plugs that some airlines hand out to their customers. If that was the question then yes, I think the Faders are the same concept but are made of metal instead of foam.

The Faders are actually tuned earplugs, which the simple solid foam plugs are not.  I have one of the 12dB-attenuating Faders, and I've compared it to my Etymotic ER-20 (Etymotic's tuned earplugs).  One thing I like about the Faders is that they seem to allow more treble energy through than the ER-20, which sounds more natural to me.  My goal with tuned earplugs is to get a sense that I'm turning the volume down on my world, and, to that end, the faders do a better job.

I'm not sure if V-MODA intends on releasing Faders models with more attenuation, but, if they do, I'll be all over 'em, as I occasionally want/need more than 12dB.

Sep 15, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #322 of 467
The Faders are actually tuned earplugs, which the simple solid foam plugs are not.  I have one of the 12dB-attenuating Faders, and I've compared it to my Etymotic ER-20 (Etymotic's tuned earplugs).  One thing I like about the Faders is that they seem to allow more treble energy through than the ER-20, which sounds more natural to me.  My goal with tuned earplugs is to get a sense that I'm turning the volume down on my world, and, to that end, the faders do a better job.

I'm not sure if V-MODA intends on releasing Faders models with more attenuation, but, if they do, I'll be all over 'em, as I occasionally want/need more than 12dB.

Oh wow, that's even more interesting. I haven't seen a tuned earplug in person before. Thanks for the clarification Jude! :)

Sep 16, 2011 at 6:17 AM Post #324 of 467
Yes, like what miceblue said, I wanted to know if the Faders were like those that airlines issued out, because that was the only example I could think of that seemed kind of similar to the Faders. Thanks miceblue and Jude for addressing my question! By the way, what's a "Coby"?

Sep 16, 2011 at 7:12 AM Post #325 of 467
Yes, like what miceblue said, I wanted to know if the Faders were like those that airlines issued out, because that was the only example I could think of that seemed kind of similar to the Faders. Thanks miceblue and Jude for addressing my question! By the way, what's a "Coby"?

I think Louis8ball was referring to the Coby brand's in-ear monitors (earbuds).

Sep 16, 2011 at 9:52 AM Post #326 of 467
:frowning2:  I just picked these up at RadioShack the other day.  Would have loved to take part in the coupon and get the matte black plates and the Faders.  :frowning2: :frowning2:

I guess I have to return these back to Radio Shack and re-order from v-moda directly.  :frowning2:

I do have a 16 hours of flying across the atlantic starting tomorrow so I will see how these babies do for noise canceling (passive) and comfort on the first leg of my trip which will be a 9 hour flight.

BTW, can some please let me know if the color plates in the picture on the LP are the matte black ones?

m-80_05_large.jpg

Sep 16, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #327 of 467

Quote:
Quote:

I think Louis8ball was referring to the Coby brand's in-ear monitors (earbuds).

I didn't completely understand the initial question about "faders", so I should have just kept quiet, instead. Sorry 'bout that
confused_face.gif

Sep 17, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #329 of 467
Can I still get the bonuses even after I bought it? I found out that I bought my headphones the day before he announced this. 

Sep 17, 2011 at 9:07 AM Post #330 of 467
I just posted an V-MODA Crossfade M-80 and V-80 side-by-side photo set (and semi-unboxing) on the Head-Fi Flickr page which you can see by clicking here.

Here are a couple of thumbnails:

Click here to see the whole set.

I wonder if we can order the true blood ones to get the red inner headband and the 2 red bolts BUT change the part (or replace) the true blood little black piece cover with the STD v-moda writing cover right above the ear piece.

VAL is that possible to order a setup like that????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back