V-MODA CROSSFADE M-80 AUDIO VOYAGE – Reviewers wanted!
Nov 25, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #466 of 467
This is my 2c, although I'm a bit late for this subject, but under no circumstances should one buy a V-moda M-100!
Please note that I am salty, since they were the first 300$+ headphone I bought, and thinking they were sturdy the left ear cup stopped working 7 month after the purchase, sent it to vmoda, they fixed it and sent it back, 5 month later the left ear up is no longer working!!!
My Sennheiser momentum which i got used have been with me for 4 years, the MDR1rbt which were also bought used have been with me for 3 years, no issues whatsoever.
In case anyone considers buying a V-moda product, please think twice, as the store I bought it from said ''V-moda durability is questionable".

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #467 of 467
Dying to have a listen to your favorites on the Crossfade M-80s? Head-Fi is seeking reviewers to sound off with their thoughts on one of the hottest selling on-ear headphones by V-MODA.

V-MODA wants to let a few lucky Head-Fi.org members take these well-rounded headphones on a test drive to hear the difference in quality. Reviewers will be part of a 3‐week interactive focus group to share their thoughts on their specially customized M-80s with monogrammed initials. The M-80s were designed and rigorously tested for the modern, on-the-go audiophile (or “modiophile”) and contemporary music enthusiast. We’re seeking serious connoisseurs only to take the challenge, so fair weather audiophiles need not apply! Please reply to this thread with your top three music genres and location no later than midnight PST, September 1st , 2011. If you are selected, you must be able to regularly participate in online discussion for three weeks in September.

Want to know more about the V-MODA CROSSFADE M-80s?
Masterfully tuned by a legion of legendary musicians, producers and DJs, M-80 packs unique materials, professional acoustics, natural noise isolation, ultimate ergonomics and military-level ruggedness into a design 53% smaller than its now legendary, over-ear sibling, Crossfade LP. M-80’s first-class materials are virtually indestructible including a steel frame, STEELFLEX headband, interchangeable brushed metal shields, durable microfiber suede and replaceable memory foam cushions. The M-80 also comes fully loaded with two Kevlar-reinforced microphone cables for universal smartphone compatibility and an exoskeleton carrying case for added road warrior armor.

Pure Sound – Bespoke Fit
The nucleus of M-80 is its patent-pending and biggest-in-class 40mm Dual-Diaphragm Drivers that deliver multi-driver sound with the energy efficiency and consistent quality of a single driver. To recreate a pure balanced sound analogous to Vinyl, M-80 uses no batteries or artificial sound processing and instead relies on immortal acoustic techniques. The masterfully crafted V-PORT V3 provides natural noise isolation, life-like staging, vibrant bass, vivid mids and vivacious highs. By utilizing a 31-band EQ with select master musicians and producers, every step of the frequency response curve was finely sculpted. The headphone also offers long-play comfort through a tailored, fashionable fit without unsightly gaps and minimal pressure on the head and ears, the result of years of ergonomic research. Since the fit is the sound, M-80 utilizes replaceable supple memory foam cushions, a bespoke STEELFLEX headband and tactile arm extensions. This tiny dancer can bend, move and twist like no other.

Salute to the Masters
“After years of research, design, and testing, this is truly the finest addition to our acoustic arsenal we have ever developed. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and similarly it took almost half a decade to fuse the durability of an M1 Abrams tank, timeless Vinyl sound, Italian-suit elegance and exotic motorsport materials into the compact Crossfade M-80,” says Val Kolton, V-MODA CEO and DJ. “In the sound-age of over-processed digital compression and disposable plastic products, our virtues were to develop a quality product that salutes the true masters of music, machines and materials. It’s an incredible value for hi-fi sound and sophisticated style that says as much about you as your shoes, watch or car.”

I'd be willing to give it a go .
themoddingden
emails in profile
let me know if this is avail to a quebec Canada reviewer time with unit /time to finish etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back