V-MODA CROSSFADE M-80 AUDIO VOYAGE – Reviewers wanted!
Sep 10, 2011 at 3:25 AM Post #256 of 467
 This is killing me...... When do we find out who won :$ These headphones look absolutely amazing from what people are saying.....

Patience my friend. I'm sure V-Moda is working very hard to pick the right people for the job. Even if I'm not chosen, I am certainly looking forward to reading the reviews following the testing period.

Sep 10, 2011 at 3:50 AM Post #257 of 467

Quote:
Patience my friend. I'm sure V-Moda is working very hard to pick the right people for the job. Even if I'm not chosen, I am certainly looking forward to reading the reviews following the testing period.

Very soon, we want to make this fair for all and come up with a great program for those not chosen.  We already sold out and are -200 units, as we didn't make many.  We wanted to get initial feedback and THEN go to mass production, in line with our "Rome wasn't built in a day" philosophy as this is a product for the people and I care deeply about EVERY user's experience!  I consulted with many legends, but now I want your input on making the perfect headphone...

Also we are testing VELOUR pads for M-80 and "less bass" pads for Crossfade LP to make them more "audiophile" friendly as LP does have added bass for the "environment" of that product's demographics (DJs, Dance Music + Bassheads).

Here is the effect of sound with FIT on a prototype LP:

Cheers, 

-v

Sep 10, 2011 at 7:47 AM Post #259 of 467

Quote:
Very soon, we want to make this fair for all and come up with a great program for those not chosen.  We already sold out and are -200 units, as we didn't make many.  We wanted to get initial feedback and THEN go to mass production, in line with our "Rome wasn't built in a day" philosophy as this is a product for the people and I care deeply about EVERY user's experience!  I consulted with many legends, but now I want your input on making the perfect headphone...

Also we are testing VELOUR pads for M-80 and "less bass" pads for Crossfade LP to make them more "audiophile" friendly as LP does have added bass for the "environment" of that product's demographics (DJs, Dance Music + Bassheads).

Cheers, 

-v

Yippay, looking pretty good so far

Sep 10, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #260 of 467
Quote:
Mincey - the "STEELFLEX" headband snaps back to its original shape, but just bend it further to adjust it (it can bend all the way flat).  If you need to tighten it, twist it in the other way like in the video below.

We don't recommend bending it in a crazy manner too many times in order to retain the optimal memory to snap back.

Here is the demonstration video:

http://youtu.be/McySNa2DwTo

Wow, the headband bending helped a lot! Thanks for the tip! Yeah... The M-80s' fit went from painful to nice and snug after doing this. I haven't noticed any compromise in sound quality, either. 
smile_phones.gif

Quote:

Great news! I'll be the first to order the velour pads! :D

Sep 10, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #261 of 467
Quote:

Cheers, 

-v

g

Hopefully the velour pads will feel even better, I wonder how they will affect sound?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Sep 10, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #262 of 467
Quote:
Every single person that tried these ends up loving them. I don't know if earpads become more comfortable with skin oil absortion, if anything they should get harder, but let's see. And using velour earpads on a portable takes away much of its isolation, which is a dealbreaker for most people. Mincey, is there anyway you can comment on the isolation vs the one of the HD-25-1 II?

Yeah, you sacrifice a bit of isolation using the velour pads on the HD 25s, but the difference in isolation vs. the difference in comfort after extended listening is worth it. I'll try to do a coffee shop isolation test sometime this weekend. 
smile.gif

Sep 10, 2011 at 9:00 PM Post #264 of 467

Quote:

Wow, the headband bending helped a lot! Thanks for the tip! Yeah... The M-80s' fit went from painful to nice and snug after doing this. I haven't noticed any compromise in sound quality, either. 
smile_phones.gif

Great news! I'll be the first to order the velour pads! :D

Excellent, glad I could help!  I'll modify the insert card.

Sep 11, 2011 at 6:39 AM Post #267 of 467
but not daymn

Sep 11, 2011 at 9:25 AM Post #269 of 467
Quote:
IF the upper-mid/lower-treble response could be flattened a little bit more, it'll look like a perfect freq response

Quote:
g

Hopefully the velour pads will feel even better, I wonder how they will affect sound?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

The velour pads don't create a seal as well as the leather pads, so basically they should reduce the impact (and in my experience, the extension) of the bass. It's ok if you're at home and you want a more comfortable headphones, or just if you want to tame the low end a bit, but on the go it's not a good option.

Quote:
but not daymn

Sep 11, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #270 of 467
Man, these things are really THAT. o.o Do you guys think you might do something similar like this for "fair-weather audiophiles?" I was afraid to sign up for this because that's what I think I am, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back