V-MODA CROSSFADE M-80 AUDIO VOYAGE – Reviewers wanted!
Sep 11, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #271 of 467
IF the upper-mid/lower-treble response could be flattened a little bit more, it'll look like a perfect freq response

I applied some EQ and now they sound like a million dollars (or maybe a thousand dollars, but very, very good.)

Sep 11, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #272 of 467
Since I am unemplyed my only chance of listening to the V-Moda is to be lucky enough to be a reviewer.  I entered the contest earlier in a post but, just in case you didn't see mine,  I listen to classical music and jazz.  I have reviewed in-ear headphones on this website and would love to give the V-Moda a review.

Thank you for your consideration,

Ron J. Wilson
ron.wilson.pmp@gmail.com

Sep 11, 2011 at 10:48 PM Post #273 of 467
I was mentioning about the Upper-mid and lower treble dip in frequency not the strong bass response. Nothing wrong with a bass like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardKing1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The velour pads don't create a seal as well as the leather pads, so basically they should reduce the impact (and in my experience, the extension) of the bass. It's ok if you're at home and you want a more comfortable headphones, or just if you want to tame the low end a bit, but on the go it's not a good option.

Sep 12, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #274 of 467

Quote:
I applied some EQ and now they sound like a million dollars (or maybe a thousand dollars, but very, very good.)

What did you  EQ the highs to be, what song/genre/sources?  Its nearly perfectly flat compared to others (often which spike the 8-12kHz).  But that spike can be very dangerous, especially if mastering of the song is wrong.  That's why EQs were made though, as they give us ability to fine tune to sources and volume levels.

Cheers!

-v 

Sep 13, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #275 of 467
Friends, foRums, countrymen...lend me your ears.

V-MODA's core philosophy is the "greatest sound for the greatest amount of people".   Therefore, for those who were not picked I wanted to sincerely thank you for EVERY entry and I will make sure you are also rewarded with amazing sound and a very fair offer.

Code "HEADFI" - $200 including Customization
Head-Fiers can use the code "HEADFI" on V-MODA.com starting tomorrow (Tuesday) at 3PM PT to receive the M-80 for a discounted price of $200 INCLUDING an extra set of monogram customized plates ($50 value, red or black) and an extra audio cable + 1/4" adapter.  Furthermore, we'll include a unreleased prototype "Ear Armor: V-MODA Faders".  The Faders are our new high-fidelity metal earplugs that allow you to enjoy great sound for life and protect your hearing at concerts, clubs, events, racing and music practice.

This offer will expire on October 1 or while supplies last as we only have a few M-80 units remaining.

Retailers with M-80
We have distributed M-80s to local Radio Shack and Microsoft Stores in the USA for those who want them immediately, and they are selling for $199.99.  They are online at NewEgg and Amazon.com.  

Voyagers
The Voyagers for this mission will be the following:

MalVeauX 
Louis8ball 
DigitalFreak 
Armaegis 
tnmike1 
LFF
dweaver
JamesMcProgger 
swbf2cheater 
project86 

For those that are ready to rock, please send me a DM with the following:

Name + Full Address and phone number (for UPS, don't worry I will not call you even if I have a couple of cold ones)
Red or black shield preference for custom shield kit (to be sent seperately)
Choice of monogram letters, a word or logo artwork for the customization shields to customs@v-moda.com*

I look forward to unveiling more technical information, answering questions and listening to feedback for future product development.  This product and it's siblings are truly the progeny of the passion and love for hi-fi sound.  We appreciate and incorporate every head-fier, producer, musician and customer review for the ultimate sound and sensory experience.  

Cheers!

-V

*for logos please make sure it is simpler line art that can be laser engraved as the surface area is smaller on M-80 than over-ears

Sep 13, 2011 at 3:05 AM Post #278 of 467

Congrats to the people that were chosen. I guess I'll wait to read the reviews.

Sep 13, 2011 at 3:42 AM Post #279 of 467
Congratulations to the winners, I look forward to reading the reviews. Thank you again to Valkolton and V-Moda for offering this audition sweepstakes and special Head-Fi promo code. As for me, I'll have to wait and see if I can purchase a pair considering I just purchased a headphone last week.

Sep 13, 2011 at 5:37 AM Post #281 of 467
Oh wow short of the once in a blue moon 5 bucks from a scratch ticket I never won anything in my life
blink.gif

Thanks for the opportunity V I'll do my best not to disappoint

To everyone above me thanks a lot for your well wishes

Sep 13, 2011 at 7:00 AM Post #282 of 467
Hey all you selected voyagers. I just want to say I hate you! You make me so jealous. But congratulations anyway, really stoked about all your reviews. And could you throw in some first impressions with pics when your M-80's arrive? I would really like to have a glance of your M-80's with customized plates so I can drool on my keyboard while staring in awe. Thank you!

Sep 13, 2011 at 11:41 AM Post #285 of 467

Quote:
Well I buy them for $230 but I got no bonus.. Oh well that is how it goes.

We'll get you the bonuses if you bought from V-MODA.com, no worries.

Contact SUPPORT@v-moda.com

-v

Users who are viewing this thread

Back