V-MODA CROSSFADE M-80 AUDIO VOYAGE – Reviewers wanted!
Sep 7, 2011 at 7:55 PM Post #226 of 467
I went ahead and bought one of these. All I can say is they are awesome.. I threw in my 5 star rating on amazon as well.  These won't just compete with whatever portable headphones you guys have these will compete with whatever full sized headphones you guys have. The sound clarity and smoothness is astounding on these. Not a single thing lacking on the sounds. I truly look forward to the high end full sized cans V-moda is working on. If these are any indicators of what those will sound like. Sign me up..

Sep 7, 2011 at 10:23 PM Post #229 of 467
I hope I am not disqualified for review even though I jumped the gun on these.. These are NO JOKE guys. The sound quality is for real. I can't stop listening to my music on these.. Vocals on these are something else.. I can't imagine how much design went into these phones.

There is a reason why every single review that i have seen on these online give it max scores.. You guys can read mine on Amazon. I posted today.. I am the type to just tell  it like it is.. I think the money asked is aggressive for what quality you get. Everything on these are top tier the materials, packaging to the sounds. Hell I will just copy paste it here. I am a guy by the way.

Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)

This review is from: V-MODA V-80 True Blood Headphones (Electronics)

It seems V Moda has done some extensive research and sound tweeking for these headphones..Let me just say out of all my headphone purchases, I have not had one that is this great from top to bottom, until now. For the guys/gals that are curious to know why these are getting rave reviews from every owner it is simple. You will get your monies worth in quality, looks and sounds perhaps better than any other headphone at this price range. I let a few friends hear this masterpiece of headphone tech and all of them agree the sounds that come out of these headphones are astounding.

What is truly shocking is how small these headphones are compared to the big sounds they produce..They produce a full sized can sound and aren't even bigger than your average Koss porta pros yet they have a big, bold, balanced smooth sound signature that makes every tune you listen to come to life. Every aspect of these headphones from the strong looks to the materials and most importantly the sound is top tier.

Very smooth sound signature and dynamic in every aspect. Not a single aspect in the sound is weak or anemic in any way. From the fully dynamic highs, lush mids to a full bottom end that reaches deeper than most even try. I found the sounds to be something that is very difficult to achieve in that these V-80s will give you a WOW factor once you hear them.. No matter what your music genre of choice these will shine for them making you rediscover your music collection perhaps this time, the way they were meant to be heard.

I simply do not have too many do it all portable headphones that shine like this one. These are without a doubt one of the best headphone purchases I have ever made..I think for what they are asking for these they are priced aggressively and have firmly put V Moda on the map for serious headphones.. These will surprise and let you enjoy your music collection on the go like no other..Let me just heap on the praise of these and add my 5 star as well. They certainly deserve it..I now look forward to more headphones from V Moda.

Sep 7, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #230 of 467

Quote:

Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)

This review is from: V-MODA V-80 True Blood Headphones (Electronics)

I think for what they are asking for these they are priced aggressively and have firmly put V Moda on the map for serious headphones.. These will surprise and let you enjoy your music collection on the go like no other..Let me just heap on the praise of these and add my 5 star as well. They certainly deserve it..I now look forward to more headphones from V Moda.

Glad you love them, we agree and had extensive arguments about the pricing of M-80, especially considering the different materials, accessories and case they include that cost us quite a pretty penny extra.  Nearly 3 pennies to 1, to be precise especially with the cost of materials rising.  I hope we made the right choice and sell enough!

-v

Sep 7, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #231 of 467
It is the whole meal deal that is worth every penny and then some..  When I read the specs and all that you guys did to get these to sound proper.. I had a Fanny Wang DJ I cancelled in order to get these. Let me just say I was more than intrigued.. I jumped the gun a bit. Glad I cancelled the other phones for these..

I wouldn't mind a second pair.. Heck whomever is chosen to do the reviews are in for a treat..

Sep 7, 2011 at 10:54 PM Post #232 of 467

Quote:

Glad you love them, we agree and had extensive arguments about the pricing of M-80, especially considering the different materials, accessories and case they include that cost us quite a pretty penny extra.  Nearly 3 pennies to 1, to be precise especially with the cost of materials rising.  I hope we made the right choice and sell enough!

-v

It's nice to see that type of dedication in making a good product. Colored me more intrigued now.

Should I reask my question of what the limitations are for customizing the shield on the V-Moda's?

Edit: Like, I have a specific image in mind that's on page 15, near the bottom. "One does not simply Rock into Mordor".  (Internet Meme) Are we allowed to kind of specify how we want it, or even use images like that.

Sep 7, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #233 of 467

Quote:
It is the whole meal deal that is worth every penny and then some..  When I read the specs and all that you guys did to get these to sound proper.. I had a Fanny Wang DJ I cancelled in order to get these. Let me just say I was more than intrigued.. I jumped the gun a bit. Glad I cancelled the other phones for these..

I wouldn't mind a second pair.. Heck whomever is chosen to do the reviews are in for a treat..

If you don't mind me asking, how do they compare to the M50's and most of the other bass headphones that you have, with regards to bass that is. (I hope that made sense) I'm curious and eager to know.

Sep 7, 2011 at 11:06 PM Post #234 of 467
I missed the date for this but was so intrigued that I ordered a pair on Monday.. they're now in transit.  Will be comparing them to my HD-25-1 II's.. Looking forward to their arrival!

Sep 7, 2011 at 11:10 PM Post #235 of 467

Quote:
 It's nice to see that type of dedication in making a good product. Colored me more intrigued now.

Should I reask my question of what the limitations are for customizing the shield on the V-Moda's?

Edit: Like, I have a specific image in mind that's on page 15, near the bottom. "One does not simply Rock into Mordor".  (Internet Meme) Are we allowed to kind of specify how we want it, or even use images like that.

There are a lot of Custom Crossfade examples in this gallery on FB:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150249433353092.370339.106696703091

and here

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.442846483091.229616.106696703091

It is a laser engraving process.  So the design cannot be TOO complex.   

Here are some guidelines, line art works best and the shields aren't too big, keep in mind.  Our Crossfade LP is larger.

http://shop.v-moda.com/p-203-crossfade-m-80v-80-custom-logo-metal-shields.aspx

Sep 7, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #236 of 467

Quote:

There are a lot of Custom Crossfade examples in this gallery on FB:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150249433353092.370339.106696703091

and here

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.442846483091.229616.106696703091

It is a laser engraving process.  So the design cannot be TOO complex.   

Here are some guidelines, line art works best and the shields aren't too big, keep in mind.  Our Crossfade LP is larger.

http://shop.v-moda.com/p-203-crossfade-m-80v-80-custom-logo-metal-shields.aspx

I know I'm probably being a pain, and just let me know if I should maybe get in contact with customer support with regards to my questions. I really do appreciate the feedback, and hope this hasn't been too much of a hassle.

My specific image, which I did a bad paint crop of would be like this, with the matte black finish to kind of blend in together.

That's how I envisioned it, anyways.

Again, let me know if this is a question I should ask on your website.

Sep 8, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #237 of 467

Quote:

If you don't mind me asking, how do they compare to the M50's and most of the other bass headphones that you have, with regards to bass that is. (I hope that made sense) I'm curious and eager to know.

The bass is one of the surprising aspects about this phone. There is nothing lacking not the bass certainly not the mids the M50s kinda lacking on.. These aren't bass head cans by any means but the sound is full with ample punch they deliver for hiphop dub and trance.... Combine this with the over all smooth sounds and fairly wide sound stage for close small portables and you have a winner. The sub bass extension is something special on these as well..I eQed more bass to get even more punch and they delivered the extra eQed bass perfectly.. These eQ very well to your sound preference and with a small amp they deliver even more so..Vocals on these cans are second to none.. Bass heavy music has the right amount of punch. I have to do a head to head against the bass on these vs the M50s Tomorrow as I have to do this at my shop,  but it seems every tune I listened to on these just give more authority over the M50s.  I think it has more balance and refinement over the M50.. Easily.

I had some kid come into my shop with some beat solos.. lol.. He could have bought these for almost the same price.

Sep 8, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #238 of 467

Quote:
The bass is one of the surprising aspects about this phone. There is nothing lacking not the bass certainly not the mids the M50s kinda lacking on.. These aren't bass head cans by any means but the sound is full with ample punch they deliver for hiphop dub and trance.... Combine this with the over all smooth sounds and fairly wide sound stage for close small portables and you have a winner. The sub bass extension is something special on these as well..I eQed more bass to get even more punch and they delivered the extra eQed bass perfectly.. These eQ very well to your sound preference and with a small amp they deliver even more so..Vocals on these cans are second to none.. Bass heavy music has the right amount of punch. I have to do a head to head against the bass on these vs the M50s Tomorrow as I have to do this at my shop,  but it seems every tune I listened to on these just give more authority over the M50s.  I think it has more balance and refinement over the M50.. Easily.

I had some kid come into my shop with some beat solos.. lol.. He could have bought these for almost the same price.

The plot thickens, so to speak. I'm really hoping I get chosen for this, but even if not, these are on my list now of ones I'll be looking at for a future purchase.

Sep 8, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #239 of 467
Oh absolutely worth every penny.. I haven't been this pleasantly surprised by a new can like this in a long time.. It is one of those rare cans that just does everything right. If there is such a thing as a do it all can for every genre these would be it..The highs have the right amount of sizzle and clarity with distinct instrument separation,  the mids have a lushness and smoothness  while being not overly forward or laid back., and the lows reach deep with ample punch and full dynamics... V- moda got it going on with these. I only wish more headphone manufacturers would take the time to get all these aspects down pat like these guys have.  But then again we wouldn't be chatting about how special these are if they all were...

Sep 8, 2011 at 2:12 AM Post #240 of 467
Deff interested in these, and thank you for the opportunity to possibly test these! Is the jack for the cable a simple 3.5mm? I would love the mic for when I'm out, but might make a separate cable for home use (If I buy them, or even better, get chosen 
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back