V-moda Crossfade LP
Sep 17, 2011 at 3:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Zanna

New Head-Fier
Browsed through head-fi before but never posted, so hello! Started getting interested in audio gear when I got a pair of maximo im-490s for my sansa and realized how much better they sounded compared to the stock earbuds. Since then only thing I've gotten were px100's after some research (some done here at head-fi).

Anyway I saw the gunmetal v-moda crossfade lp gunmetal being sold on newegg for $75 and really liked the way they looked. I read about how they were really overpriced at their original $200+ MSRP, but how do they compare to other headphones at the $70 price range? I've burned them in and tried a bit of eq and they sound pretty good to me, but I don't have anything to really compare them to.they were mostly an impulse buy since I've got a job now and I figured I could always ebay to recoup most of the cost if I really didn't like 'em.

If it makes any difference I'm not really a hardcore music person, I just listen to singles, pop, whatever people recommend me, etc.

Sep 17, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #2 of 3
Heya,

If you like the way they sound, and you're pleased with their comfort and style, and you're not interested in upgrading, do you really need to compare them to anything?

Basically, what are you looking for here? Justification for keeping them? Reassurance?

Very best,

Sep 17, 2011 at 6:12 PM Post #3 of 3
Actually, it's mostly because I was considering some other headphones before getting the V-Moda's - namely MDR-V6. I'm still not able to drop money left and right for all kinds of headgear, but I did want to make a foray into headphones beyond the very basic $20-30 range and see what kind of difference there is - even if I don't have any amps or high-end DAPS.

One thing that kind of scared me away a little from the MDR-V6 was that a lot of people seem to think that it has a bias towards highs and can be uncomfortable to listen to - casual listening/just listening to relax is mostly what I do. I thought about getting the MDR-V6 ALSO so I have options... but then there's the ATH-M50 that a lot of people seem to love at $150-160, so I'm also wondering whether it would be just smarter to sell the Crossfade LP and forget about the MDR-V6 and just go for the gold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back