V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton - Head-Fi TV
Aug 17, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #1,501 of 1,668
You are a nasty sad person going by your reply (and others) when someone doesn't agree with you?

What's with the personal attacks? Did I really hurt your feewings that badly? Jeez, go take a nap, get off the internet for a bit.

Sep 1, 2018 at 7:49 AM Post #1,502 of 1,668
Anyone compared the wireless 2 against the sony wh1000mx2? Now the mx3 is out,and have similar sound as the mx2.But much greater noise cancelation then the mx2.If the sound is good,then i might sell my v modas and switch to the sonys :)

Sep 1, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #1,503 of 1,668
Anyone compared the wireless 2 against the sony wh1000mx2? Now the mx3 is out,and have similar sound as the mx2.But much greater noise cancelation then the mx2.If the sound is good,then i might sell my v modas and switch to the sonys :)

The MX2 sounds a ton more "Processed" than the CF2W, but more even. I found the Sony good for pretty much anything and the ANC is fantastic, plus the controls are seamless. However, they're dull compared to the dynamic and powerful VModa, to my ears. If the boosted bass doesn't turn you away, then I absolutely would not get the Sony.

Sep 1, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #1,504 of 1,668
I have both, mx2, cfw2 and I use my vmodas much more. Yeah the sonys have all the cool features and doodads but I love that vmoda sound, its more authentic, more authority more fun, puts a smile on my face everytime I use them. There are times the sonys sound really good and other times not so good i am not sure why. I think it's all the processing the sony is doing. Vmodas always sound good to me no matter what I'm listening to. I'm actually looking for in ears that have that same sound sig to go with my hiby r3 and r6 players.

Sep 1, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #1,506 of 1,668
Sep 1, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #1,507 of 1,668
I have both, mx2, cfw2 and I use my vmodas much more. Yeah the sonys have all the cool features and doodads but I love that vmoda sound, its more authentic, more authority more fun, puts a smile on my face everytime I use them. There are times the sonys sound really good and other times not so good i am not sure why. I think it's all the processing the sony is doing. Vmodas always sound good to me no matter what I'm listening to. I'm actually looking for in ears that have that same sound sig to go with my hiby r3 and r6 players.
V-moda makes in-ear headphones too :)

Sep 1, 2018 at 8:47 PM Post #1,508 of 1,668
V-moda makes in-ear headphones too :)
I had pair of the vmoda zn years ago when first released, I didnt like them very much.

Sep 1, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #1,510 of 1,668
How are those?

Sep 4, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #1,513 of 1,668
I had the MDR-1000x (which was the predecessor to the XM2 I believe) and on first listen it felt to have a more tonally balanced frequency response-wise whereby trebles are extended and nice decent tight bass, etc. Compared to the V-Moda headphones, the V-Moda stuck to it's more bassy signature. But I had a few niggly issues the Sonys which I eventually got rid of (I just gave it my nephew).

I found the Sony to sound somewhat "digital" especially in the trebles which wasn't as smooth as I would have liked. As for the noise cancellation, it -really- cut out ambient sound however again, I felt it was overly aggressive. Overall the V-Moda despite having a more bassy house signature sounded more natural and analogue to my ears.

BTW, I just received my V-Moda Wireless 2 Codex Edition and comparing to the original V-Moda Wireless 2 (non-Codex). The original Wireless 2 is off my iPhone X, whilst the Codex Edition is off my iPad Pro. The Codex Edition needs to have a little more "burn in time" as it's fresh out of the box. In theory this should just result in being a codec comparison but initially for what I'm hearing, there seems to be some tonal differences too where the mids in the Codex is a hairline more tame than the non-Codex. I think I'll need to burn in the Codex a little more before detailing the differences.

Sep 4, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #1,514 of 1,668
That's the weirdest thing between the Sony and the VModa. The Sony is certainly more "balanced" but it does sound "processed," while the VModa has more of a pronounced shape to its sig but ends up sounding a lot more "natural."

I'll reiterate what I've said elsewhere: the Sony is probably the "best" wireless set out there because it's good at pretty much everything and I can't imagine a single scenario where it would fall short, but it doesn't match my personal biases as well as VModa.

Sep 4, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #1,515 of 1,668
I'll reiterate what I've said elsewhere: the Sony is probably the "best" wireless set out there because it's good at pretty much everything

I can name three scenarios.

Wearing it. Both released iterations of Sonys have a known defect with the cracking headband. In many reported cases, Sony won't honor the guarantee. They've shown no intention to fixing the issue—iteration 3 does seem to have the exact same construction.

Running it off a wire. Sony unpowered sounds like a $10 headphone off Alibaba.

Using ANC. A percentage of population just naturally hates ANC and all the problems it may bring, including ear pressure and dizzines. Sure, you can turn it off, but why pay premium then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back