USPS is THE WORST Carrier service on earth
Sep 10, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #16 of 78
like usps. There about a third of the price of ups and fedex. They did damage one package I had but they reinbursed me for the damages. Why is ups so expensive for three day compared to usps priority? Both have tracking and they both damage packages some times. At least my tax dollars help me to get cheaper mail service apparently.

Sep 11, 2010 at 12:29 AM Post #17 of 78
Bought a Roku HD unit for my netflix setup. Shipped 5pm monday via USPS from San Jose, arrived in NYC 2pm Thursday. Their tracking is useless but other than that I have no complaints.

Sep 11, 2010 at 8:32 AM Post #19 of 78
I generally find UPS and FedEx better, but at a premium. Bear in mind that I am in Australia. I did also once have some person from UPS deliver and never bothered to knock and had the cheek to leave a note with a timing that more or less meant that I was at the living room, at the door and would have heard any knock. Suffice to say I gave a call in and wasn't pleased about this. They apologised and said it wasn't their usual driver and would leave a note for the next pick up. The note on my box wrote "Knock harder, owner is home". Apart from that, so far, FedEx has been the best.

USPS, hate their tracking; but at the end of the day, if the package gets to you its all well and good. It just doesn't leave much peace of mind due to the lack of tracking activity. Once it gets to Australia, its Australia Post that does it. Same thing happened here with UPS, I was home the whole day and was told they were delivering that day, but nothing appeared and I thought they probably ran out of time or something, though admittedly it wasn't my first thought. Few hours later in the evening, I receive a tracking update that there were 2 attempted deliveries. Again, I was home and I immediately wrote in and said that a note wasn't even left for me. They responded and said it was now stored at my local postal office. I went down and collected it. If I hadn't been anxious about my item, I may not have got it. Anyhow, the letter stating that I missed the delivery came the following day.

Sep 11, 2010 at 9:21 AM Post #20 of 78

Quote:
seriously, I work as a supervisor in a mail room for this large office building, I've stacks of complaints just for this week alone on bad scanning and updating tracking, packages that were said to be dropped off but nobody was there to pick it up?, mailmen lying out of their butts saying literally "nobody was there at the giant office mail room filled with people or the dock with about 500 people around to pick up this package"

Ive got STACKS of those little tickets USPS gives you when they say that, that it was dropped off but nobody was there to pick it up.  They do not have to compensate you if they mess up as I just found out today.  Even if you have insurance, if the investigators to your complaint dont actually read what your complaint is and that you have proof they messed up, they can still say they dont have to pay you back for the shipping cost and the package.  USPS policy is something out of country run by a dictator on par with north koreas mail.  Its sick and sad that I've never had anywhere near the volume of complaints, mistakes, bad tracking and USPS saying nope! you dont get a refund even if you had insurance, in any others like UPS, FEDEX, and even the Asian services...

the ASIAN services are amazing.  I can get a package next day for dirt cheap and get it in A+ condition with accurate tracking.  Such a thing is not possible on USPS.  I dont really get complaints or problems for the packages I get in the office mail room that come via anything else but USPS.  On average, I get 15 new problems every day that I have to file complaints for due to the few hundred if not thousands of packages we get each week.
Its really sad.

Recently, on a personal note, I purchased some fischer audio silver bullets from a user here on headfi who lives in spain.  He said he would send them 3-5 day for me, I purchased on August 28th, i should have gotten it before September 3rd.  I paid that extra for it to avoid the delays.  I live in Ohio and its been sitting on new york for 7 days.  I called support knowing what I was in for. I was told that there is no guarantee that they will get out of customs or get to you from overseas regardless of what you paid for that faster shipping, and I will not be compensated for their slowness, as well as them not having to update tracking accurately.

the agent literally told me, call spain and ask them to track it.  Thats "USPS policy"  
I said, so you want me to call Spain and have them send an agent on a plane to the USA, use his telepathy to find my package where ever it is because you dont know if its really in new york due to you not having to update it even after 7 days, then have this guy email me where it is?

She hung up on me.  

ty USPS for being awesome and having the worst service on the planet

You're missing the point of the United States Postal Service completely.
 read below

Quote:
  USPS has more complaints and problems than Fedex, UPS and DHL combined times ten

USPS SHOULD have more complaints then the three others you mentioned! Why the USPS even exists today is for a very different reason why the three companies you mentioned do. the USPS basically keeps the quality and price of the other three in check, USPS only wants to make enough money to barely cover its cost unlike the other three that are there to make profit and more profit and more profit. USPS is there for an easier priced, easier to get to option for most people who can not afford anything much higher this in turn keeps the pricing down from the other three companies. think about if the three charged what ever they want then everyone would flock and use the USPS so the three keep their prices lower to match closer to USPS pricing and the other three keep their quality a bit higher so people would choose them over the USPS. if the USPS was not around then the three for profit companies would charge anything they want because they know you and everyone else would have no other choice, then the quality would go down from the other three because who is going to make them look bad? even if you have a compliant they don't care, again because if you want to send something from somewhere to another place then you would HAVE to go threw these three. basically if we had no USPS then the carrier system in the US would be like the health care system in the US..it would be ruled by a few for profit companies charging whatever they want because they can.
if you want to cut down on the complaints in your building then tell everyone to use the other three. i have a friend who loves the USPS for his eBay business, he does not complain because he is to cheap to pay for anything even remotely higher..thats the point of the USPS its also not really a fair comparison to the united states postal service to another countries postal service, like apples and oranges..different ways of how business works between the two.  i understand your rant about your job but just think if you had to pay $10 to send a letter instead of 44 cents, thats probably what it would cost if there was no USPS in America.

Sep 11, 2010 at 9:23 AM Post #21 of 78
My only complaint about USPS shipping internationally is that their tracking are never up to date.

Ditto!
Apart from their crappy tracking service I have no complains against USPS.

...and they have reasonable shipping charges compared to Norway Post.

Sep 11, 2010 at 12:48 PM Post #22 of 78
For some reason unknown to me, I have never had any major problems with the United States Postal Service. They never lost or damaged a package delivery for me and my regular mail arrives daily without incident. I have been lucky in that DHL, USPS, UPS, and FedEx have never bungled a delivery to my home here in West Orange, NJ. However, I do not order a lot of stuff over the Internet for delivery except when I need to do so such as when I was preparing myself to go to NJIT or during the annual Black Friday and Christmas holiday seasons.

I think that a lot of people have reported that the tracking number on USPS packages are not accurate and they do not provide up to the minute tracking information. That has been my case too. Yet, I trust that the USPS will delivery my mail and packages on time unless when I am not home to receive it.

Sep 11, 2010 at 6:07 PM Post #24 of 78
I agree. They are the absolute worst, especially when it comes to the actual delivery.

Inaccurate dates, damaged packages, evil carriers, consistently late. What more can I say?

I will take UPS any day of the week. At least I know my package will arrive on time, and in one piece.

Sep 11, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #25 of 78

Quote:
I agree. They are the absolute worst, especially when it comes to the actual delivery.

Inaccurate dates, damaged packages, evil carriers, consistently late. What more can I say?

I will take UPS any day of the week. At least I know my package will arrive on time, and in one piece.

YA! What this guy said!  

*folds arms with a >:[ look on my face

Sep 12, 2010 at 10:37 PM Post #26 of 78

Quote:
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/delivery/us_postal_service.htm

not just my local branch, this is a national thing.  USPS has more complaints and problems than Fedex, UPS and DHL combined times ten

Have you considered that they have more complaints simply because they do more business than all those other carriers combined?  It could be more complicated than you're making it out to be. 

I think USPS is way ahead of UPS and Fedex.  They are incredibly cheap and fairly reliable.  I can't believe that you can send a box across the country and it will get there in 3 days and it only costs like 8 bucks.  That's just amazing.

Sep 13, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #27 of 78
Uh...if by a box costing 8 bucks you mean " a box that is literally this size [  ] "    Then sure, you are correct...its amazing

no....USPS is awful in every way >.>

Sep 13, 2010 at 12:50 AM Post #28 of 78
That's only if you buy it from them. I've shipped from NY to CA in 2 days for around $10 with a decent sized box. I'll take USPS over UPS and Fedex any day. I've never lost a package or had any issues in the years I've been using them.

Also I would not be surprised if USPS had more customers on average than UPS and Fedex combined.

Sep 13, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #29 of 78
My local branch sucks and always ships my customers orders out that day after I drop them off. I've also had problems with packages being returned because the address "DOES NOT EXIST". Man they annoy me sometimes..

Sep 13, 2010 at 2:53 PM Post #30 of 78
  My last item I sold on ebay to someone in New York somehow just disappeared. Six weeks gone by and buyer still hadn't received it. Post office official tells me it was either "lost or stolen". How does that happen exactly? USPS mail truck is held up by group of armed robbers? Or package falls out door of mail delivery vehicle? No wonder USPS is talking about going out of business.

On another instance, our mailman(lady) told us she is going to stop delivering packages to our house "because we get too many packages." Someone tell me what kind of a world we are living in. How about when the mailman brings a package to the house and won't get out the car. They just sit in the drive honking the horn until someone gets up and comes out to get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back