USPS is THE WORST Carrier service on earth
Sep 14, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #46 of 78
Even if usps wasn't heaps better than UPS/FedEX, they are still nowhere near the worst in the world.  Try to ship a package from India or Africa or Iran and get back to us 
wink_face.gif
  Or even Australia like someone mentioned, or England or France.  I'd be willing to bet that USPS is actually THE best in the world.  

Sep 14, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #47 of 78

Quote:
Even if usps wasn't heaps better than UPS/FedEX, they are still nowhere near the worst in the world.  Try to ship a package from India or Africa or Iran and get back to us 
wink_face.gif
  Or even Australia like someone mentioned, or England or France.  I'd be willing to be that USPS is actually THE best in the world.  

This is actually quite true.  I won't use anyone else for international shipping.

Sep 14, 2010 at 11:00 PM Post #49 of 78
are you kidding?  I'm not talking about international shipping with USPS, although it is the best IMO.  I'm talking about USPS in general.  You have no idea how bad some countries' post is.  

Sep 15, 2010 at 4:36 PM Post #50 of 78

Quote:
are you kidding?  I'm not talking about international shipping with USPS, although it is the best IMO.  I'm talking about USPS in general.  You have no idea how bad some countries' post is.  

Canada Post ain't much better.

International shipping between country's like Canada and the US is simply Canada Post handing off to USPS.

Sep 15, 2010 at 4:53 PM Post #51 of 78
and I imagine Canada has one of the worlds best post services.  Try shipping a package from India and you'll be praying to the USPS Gods for forgiveness...

And I'm sure India's post isn't even close to the worst.  But it's one I have experienced using.  

Sep 15, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #52 of 78

Quote:
and I imagine Canada has one of the worlds best post services.  Try shipping a package from India and you'll be praying to the USPS Gods for forgiveness...

And I'm sure India's post isn't even close to the worst.  But it's one I have experienced using.  

Hear, hear! Having lived in India for 5 years and having family there, I've found over the course of 20+ years that anything you want from Indian or sent to India is much better shipped via person, USPS, USP or FedEx than standard Indian Post. Certainly once the package arrives at the Indian Post Office, you'll never see it again unless it actually makes it to its destination...

Sep 18, 2010 at 10:12 AM Post #53 of 78

Quote:
You're missing the point of the United States Postal Service completely.
 read below

USPS SHOULD have more complaints then the three others you mentioned! Why the USPS even exists today is for a very different reason why the three companies you mentioned do. the USPS basically keeps the quality and price of the other three in check, USPS only wants to make enough money to barely cover its cost unlike the other three that are there to make profit and more profit and more profit. USPS is there for an easier priced, easier to get to option for most people who can not afford anything much higher this in turn keeps the pricing down from the other three companies. think about if the three charged what ever they want then everyone would flock and use the USPS so the three keep their prices lower to match closer to USPS pricing and the other three keep their quality a bit higher so people would choose them over the USPS. if the USPS was not around then the three for profit companies would charge anything they want because they know you and everyone else would have no other choice, then the quality would go down from the other three because who is going to make them look bad? even if you have a compliant they don't care, again because if you want to send something from somewhere to another place then you would HAVE to go threw these three. basically if we had no USPS then the carrier system in the US would be like the health care system in the US..it would be ruled by a few for profit companies charging whatever they want because they can.
if you want to cut down on the complaints in your building then tell everyone to use the other three. i have a friend who loves the USPS for his eBay business, he does not complain because he is to cheap to pay for anything even remotely higher..thats the point of the USPS its also not really a fair comparison to the united states postal service to another countries postal service, like apples and oranges..different ways of how business works between the two.  i understand your rant about your job but just think if you had to pay $10 to send a letter instead of 44 cents, thats probably what it would cost if there was no USPS in America.

Give me a call or PM when you work in a mail room that handles incoming and outgoing packages in the hundreds every day.  If you have used the internet before, odds are strong you will know that a lot of companies do not list DHL, UPS or X service as their available carries for what you just purchased.  Companies do not really care what they send by so long as it is cheap.  The cheapest is USPS.  And THAT is what the majority of incoming items are from.  

I recently sold an item to a user here on head fi in Brazil.  The cheapest shipping via UPS was 104$.  The cheapest USPS was 7$ or something like that.  Just because its cheaper doesnt mean their service and support should also be cheap.  USPS is government based technically and UPS is not.  It is not legally owned by the government, and its actually an independent branch of the US government...and is totally run by the government but by legal definition, it is not government run.  UPS and FedEx are privately run companies.  

When you deal with a few hundred packages every day, and have to create filed reports for mistakes or errors you will come to realize all of them combined are not even close to being as bad as USPS.  Not even remotely close.  USPS is the only carrier who you can buy insurance for your shipment from and find out after they mess up that they really are not obligated in the slightest to compensate you.  If you buy insurance, and in investigation is opened.  There is a 99% chance that your case will be deemed unworthy of compensation and refunding, even if you have proof USPS messed up, broke your item, lost it, took 3 weeks to get a next day package to you, ect ect.  

UPS and FedEx will always compensate you if they make a mistake.  USPS doesnt have to.

Oct 3, 2010 at 7:00 PM Post #56 of 78

Quote:

UPS and FedEx will always compensate you if they make a mistake.  USPS doesnt have to.

Always compensate you?  I have friends who have had packages obviously damaged by UPS and Fed Ex (with documentation to back it up) and have their claims denied.  Denying claims is what all shipping companies do.

Oct 4, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #57 of 78
I'm a big fan of USPS. Their tracking is nigh on useless, but their rates are low, their service is pretty good for me, and the post office is the closest of the mailing services to my house so it's the most convenient for me. No complaints here, none that the other services wouldn't have anyway at least.

Also, their flat rate boxes are a godsend if you have something relatively compact but very heavy. Same with their media mail rates if you're shipping something that falls under that category.

Oct 4, 2010 at 2:29 PM Post #58 of 78

Quote:
I'm a big fan of USPS. Their tracking is nigh on useless, but their rates are low, their service is pretty good for me, and the post office is the closest of the mailing services to my house so it's the most convenient for me. No complaints here, none that the other services wouldn't have anyway at least.

Also, their flat rate boxes are a godsend if you have something relatively compact but very heavy. Same with their media mail rates if you're shipping something that falls under that category.

Or if you're shipping something and forget a box when you get to the post office... 
tongue.gif

Nov 19, 2010 at 9:30 AM Post #59 of 78
I just had/am having my first nightmare experience with USPS... I recently took delivery of my new B22, which was shipped via Priority Mail with Insurance. When I received the delivery, there was a puncture in the side of the box. Upon opening the box, I noticed the enclosure of the amp, as well as the custom cut/engraved front panel were damaged. Having waited a very long time to finally get my B22, my heart immediately sunk in my chest, as I knew the road to compensation would likely be interesting, to say the least.

I have since filed an insurance claim with USPS (via the online P-1000 form). I have also submitted the required evidence (proof of value, invoice, all receipts for parts, photos of box and damaged amp, photo of insurance stub, copies of checks used to pay for the amp, an estimated cost of repair, etc.)

The amp was not insured for the full value, so I am curious if they are going to offer me the full insurance amount ($700). If they do, are they going to want to keep the amp? There's no way it could be rebuilt for only $700... In my opinion, I'm entitled to the full amount, as the cost of replacement parts and labor compensation for my builder will likely be close to $700.

Does anyone have experience with this type of issue? If so, how long did it take from the time you claimed for insurance to the time you actually received a check? Any other details as to how smoothly/not so smoothly the whole process went would be highly appreciated.

-Greg

Nov 19, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #60 of 78
Cant you just focus on replacing the panel and or enclosure rather than the whole amp?  Seems like an easier situation to deal with for everyone if you do.  You get to keep the amp and use it and only the parts damaged need to be replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back