USPS is THE WORST Carrier service on earth
Sep 13, 2010 at 2:56 PM Post #31 of 78
Quote:
  My last item I sold on ebay to someone in New York somehow just disappeared. Six weeks gone by and buyer still hadn't received it. Post office official tells me it was either "lost or stolen". How does that happen exactly? USPS mail truck is held up by group of armed robbers? Or package falls out door of mail delivery vehicle? No wonder USPS is talking about going out of business.

This is why I always add a little insurance or tracking to each package.  You can also send certified.  I never, ever send without some kind of protection.

Sep 13, 2010 at 3:02 PM Post #32 of 78
I really hope the postal service doesn't go out of business.  That would be so sad.  Imagine if we had to pay Fedex or UPS to deliver every letter.  The cost of a stamp will go up to 2 dollars!!!

Sep 13, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #33 of 78

Quote:
I really hope the postal service doesn't go out of business.  That would be so sad.  Imagine if we had to pay Fedex or UPS to deliver every letter.  The cost of a stamp will go up to 2 dollars!!!

Agree, If i have to pay 100 dollars rather than 40 dollars for 2-3 day shipping, that would be brutal.

Sep 13, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #35 of 78
I got them today, shipped out on august 28th, received september 13th

ty USPS, you are awesome and so lightning fast, I dont really know what to say to defend your awesome might, your sheer, raw power.  For it is too amazing for my mortal mind to comprehend. 

Sep 13, 2010 at 11:45 PM Post #36 of 78

Quote:
I got them today, shipped out on august 28th, received september 13th

ty USPS, you are awesome and so lightning fast, I dont really know what to say to defend your awesome might, your sheer, raw power.  For it is too amazing for my mortal mind to comprehend. 

Well, it is Cleveland... But honestly, I've never had anything but a positive experience with USPS.

Sep 14, 2010 at 12:11 AM Post #37 of 78
maybe "big government" isn't so bad afterall...
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 14, 2010 at 3:46 AM Post #40 of 78

Quote:
Well, it is Cleveland... But honestly, I've never had anything but a positive experience with USPS.

My branch is the worst Ive ever heard of.  So maybe saying USPS IS THE WORST is extreme, but jeez the stacks of reports against them at my desk is so high, I just don't know what to do with myself sometimes.  You'd think if they are that popular, they would invest in more workers or resources to make it the best instead of just giving me the "meh, who cares about you" attitude I get daily from their customer support line

its a lot like call of duty modern warfare 2, the best selling game in recent times and millions play it every day, more than any other game online...you would think they would tailer and fix bugs for the game to make everyone happy, perhaps add new things as the few million players who are newly joining the game every few weeks comes around....but no.  They dont.  They didn't listen to anyone and didn't fix any problems that really needed to be addressed.  Just that stupid faster running thing while holding a care package rofl.  

anyway, my point is if that many people use your service, you should improve it and you clearly have the means to do so.  Its not hard really.  Scan the item when it comes through.   Dont look at it and take a bite of your sandwich and let it go past you.  Because thats what they do. lol

Gahhhhh 2 weeks for a package that was supposed to take max 5 days, the service i paid for.  I was not compensated, as USPS policy is that they dont have to do ANYTHING they dont want to regardless of what insurance you have or what you pay for lol

sad

Sep 14, 2010 at 10:02 AM Post #42 of 78
I like the USPS. Out of 220+ transactions on ebay, 1 item was lost. Media mail from Amazon sellers usually takes 3-4 days.
OTOH, anything sent UPS ground will take at least a week, and they could come at any time of the day. UPS tracking is usually right, and USPS tracking isn't used. People get delivery confirmation and say here's your tracking number. Given a choice USPS, not perfect but generally good enough.

Sep 14, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #44 of 78
Man USPS seems like God compared to Australia Post. It takes me longer and is more expensive for me to send a parcel from one side of the country to the other than it is to ship a similar parcel from the US, not to mention I get it a lot faster.

Anyone up for a swap?

Sep 14, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #45 of 78
I don't like UPS very much either.

They delivered my Limited Edition Ultrasone Ed. 8 (the one with brown leather) today in a box that looked like it was kicked down the street to my door. Given how much the Limited Ed. 8 costs I just cringed and prayed a bit when I saw the state it was in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back