USPS is THE WORST Carrier service on earth
Nov 19, 2010 at 3:39 PM Post #61 of 78
Their tracking is without a doubt the worst in existence.  UPS actually loses my package entirely more often, but with USPS I have no idea where my package is at until they deliver.  I can't remember the last time they updated my shipping information besides "shipping info received" and "delivered".  Why they even bother to pretend they do tracking is beyond me.

That said I find their general service to be fine.  Just the tracking sucks :O

Nov 19, 2010 at 4:00 PM Post #62 of 78
If you look around, everyone has had issues with every postal service.

Thankfully I've had decent luck with USPS and Canada Post, but UPS annoys the crap out of me. I recall when I ordered some speakers, I got the whole "signed for - delivered" thing on my tracking and after not receiving it in the following few days, I called into the UPS customer service to inquire and they said "The sender misspelled your postal code" so I called the company I ordered from and they read back my postal code with no issue and they said they'd call UPS for me. I received the package the following day and had to scratch my head at why UPS bothered to mark my package tracking as "signed for" and why this woman would lie to me on the phone, but I have heard this tale about other postal services, so I can't judge them too hard.

Nov 19, 2010 at 4:53 PM Post #63 of 78

Quote:
Cant you just focus on replacing the panel and or enclosure rather than the whole amp?  Seems like an easier situation to deal with for everyone if you do.  You get to keep the amp and use it and only the parts damaged need to be replaced.

I wish it were that simple. Due to the nature of the design, more than just the panel alone has to be replaced. Some of which will require a significant amount of time for my builder (inset plexi-glass, new jacks, new mounted panel LEDs). The case lid was also marred, adding a new case (if a lid cannot be purchased separately) to my list of expenses. Factor in shipping both ways on top of it all, and we've racked up a pretty significant bill. I've already invested a large sum of money in this build, so it's only fair that the Postal Service pays for damages they inflicted... Luckily it was insured, or else I would have no choice at all. Waiting is definitely not fun, but I'm willing to give them their '30 days' that they claim it will take to resolve the claim.

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm not trying to fund a whole new amp. I just want the replacement parts and builders hours of work to be compensated by the USPS.

Nov 19, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #64 of 78
Sincerely I am sorry to hear this happened with your new b22.  I wouldn't hold my breath on that one though :frowning2:

Here's what I understand will happen:  You file the claim along with the item, they view the evidence and the claim and decide whether they will reimburse the $700 or not (i.e. it doesn't take just a few days).  They will most likely keep the amp if they pay you $700. 

Yet another reason why I don't believe in insurance all that much.

I once had a laptop damaged in shipping, they told me what I have above and I refused.  I was REALLY lucky that it was an Asus laptop and that accidental damage WAS covered under warranty.  I'm not sure if they still have this as a policy now that they are much larger in the laptop market but it saved my ass.

Nov 19, 2010 at 6:42 PM Post #65 of 78

Quote:
Sincerely I am sorry to hear this happened with your new b22.  I wouldn't hold my breath on that one though :frowning2:

Here's what I understand will happen.  You file the claim along with the item, they view the evidence and the claim and decide whether they will reimburse the $700 or not (i.e. it doesn't take just a few days).  They will most likely keep the amp if they pay you $700. 

I once had a laptop damaged in shipping, they told me what I have above and I refused.  I was REALLY lucky that it was an Asus laptop and that accidental damage WAS covered under warranty.  I'm not sure if they still have this as a policy now that they are much alrger in the laptop market but it saved my ass.

I really hope that doesn't happen. I did supply numerous articles of evidence (amb receipt, mouser receipt, panel receipt, builder's invoice with real value of amp, and an estimated cost of repair), as well as copies of the checks used to pay for the build. I would hope they're intelligent enough to see a total value of over $2000 and realize they can't offer me $700, total. I really wouldn't put anything past them though...

Nov 19, 2010 at 9:27 PM Post #67 of 78
how much did that cost? 
wink_face.gif

Nov 19, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #68 of 78
UPS is brown OK. You know what I mean by that. I hate UPS. They never do anything right and the managers are not polite. I think the mafia runs UPS.

FEDEX actually owes me a door. They stuck a package between the screen and the door. It can get winding here in Chicago. Anyways, the wind came and blew the screen off my door.

USPS has been 100% good. They have never lost a package or done the crazy stuff that UPS and FEDEX do.

Nov 19, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #69 of 78

Quote:
UPS is brown OK. You know what I mean by that. I hate UPS. They never do anything right and the managers are not polite. I think the mafia runs UPS.

FEDEX actually owes me a door. They stuck a package between the screen and the door. It can get winding here in Chicago. Anyways, the wind came and blew the screen off my door.

USPS has been 100% good. They have never lost a package or done the crazy stuff that UPS and FEDEX do.

lolwut?

Nov 20, 2010 at 6:16 PM Post #72 of 78

Quote:
Quote:

Here's what I understand will happen.  You file the claim along with the item, they view the evidence and the claim and decide whether they will reimburse the $700 or not (i.e. it doesn't take just a few days).  They will most likely keep the amp if they pay you $700. 

I once had a laptop damaged in shipping, they told me what I have above and I refused.  I was REALLY lucky that it was an Asus laptop and that accidental damage WAS covered under warranty.  I'm not sure if they still have this as a policy now that they are much alrger in the laptop market but it saved my ass.

I really hope that doesn't happen. I did supply numerous articles of evidence (amb receipt, mouser receipt, panel receipt, builder's invoice with real value of amp, and an estimated cost of repair), as well as copies of the checks used to pay for the build. I would hope they're intelligent enough to see a total value of over $2000 and realize they can't offer me $700, total. I really wouldn't put anything past them though...

It was Insured for $700 so that seems to be what they are liable for no?

Nov 20, 2010 at 7:58 PM Post #73 of 78

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It was Insured for $700 so that seems to be what they are liable for no?

I definitely agree with you, they are not liable for more than the amount it was insured for. What I'm saying is that they can't offer me $700 and expect me to surrender the amp. I expect them to see the actual value and rule in the favor of giving me the $700 (or something in that vicinity) to put towards repair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back