USPS is THE WORST Carrier service on earth
Sep 10, 2010 at 6:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 78

swbf2cheater

Headphoneus Supremus
seriously, I work as a supervisor in a mail room for this large office building, I've stacks of complaints just for this week alone on bad scanning and updating tracking, packages that were said to be dropped off but nobody was there to pick it up?, mailmen lying out of their butts saying literally "nobody was there at the giant office mail room filled with people or the dock with about 500 people around to pick up this package"

Ive got STACKS of those little tickets USPS gives you when they say that, that it was dropped off but nobody was there to pick it up.  They do not have to compensate you if they mess up as I just found out today.  Even if you have insurance, if the investigators to your complaint dont actually read what your complaint is and that you have proof they messed up, they can still say they dont have to pay you back for the shipping cost and the package.  USPS policy is something out of country run by a dictator on par with north koreas mail.  Its sick and sad that I've never had anywhere near the volume of complaints, mistakes, bad tracking and USPS saying nope! you dont get a refund even if you had insurance, in any others like UPS, FEDEX, and even the Asian services...

the ASIAN services are amazing.  I can get a package next day for dirt cheap and get it in A+ condition with accurate tracking.  Such a thing is not possible on USPS.  I dont really get complaints or problems for the packages I get in the office mail room that come via anything else but USPS.  On average, I get 15 new problems every day that I have to file complaints for due to the few hundred if not thousands of packages we get each week.
Its really sad.

Recently, on a personal note, I purchased some fischer audio silver bullets from a user here on headfi who lives in spain.  He said he would send them 3-5 day for me, I purchased on August 28th, i should have gotten it before September 3rd.  I paid that extra for it to avoid the delays.  I live in Ohio and its been sitting on new york for 7 days.  I called support knowing what I was in for. I was told that there is no guarantee that they will get out of customs or get to you from overseas regardless of what you paid for that faster shipping, and I will not be compensated for their slowness, as well as them not having to update tracking accurately.

the agent literally told me, call spain and ask them to track it.  Thats "USPS policy"  
I said, so you want me to call Spain and have them send an agent on a plane to the USA, use his telepathy to find my package where ever it is because you dont know if its really in new york due to you not having to update it even after 7 days, then have this guy email me where it is?

She hung up on me.  

ty USPS for being awesome and having the worst service on the planet

Sep 10, 2010 at 7:21 PM Post #2 of 78
The USPS is generally good around here. I don't have any complaints.

If I were you, I'd contact your federal senators and representative. All of them have people who handle constituent complaints. They are very good at handling otherwise impenetrable federal bureaucracies. The USPS people might brush you off, but if they get an inquiry from a senator who controls their budget, well, that's something else.

Document everything as well as you can and check with other area businesses to see if they're having problems. If several of you approach the senators and representative, something will likely come of it. Also, an election is coming up, so they should be eager to help out and possibly use it as an example of why they should be voted for.

Sep 10, 2010 at 7:50 PM Post #5 of 78

Quote:
The USPS guy where I live always just sticks those "you missed your package" slips in my mailbox because he's too lazy to actually come to my door. It happened just today, in fact.

Ya, i believe it.  I counted my tickets from this week, 13 tickets in one week.  Thats a low volume, as the stack isnt very high compared to normal weeks in the past.  Id say 18 or so is an average number of you missed your package tickets we get each week.  I have 24 emails from office workers who want to file their own complaints against USPS usually on a bi weekly bases, so, more like 40 complaints every week i have to file for others,...every week...for 10 years ive been doing that rofl

I hate USPS so much, why on earth do people use it so often.  They dont even have to pay you back even if you had it insured.  They can pretty much do anything they want to it.  I yelled at my mail man just two days ago for leaving a package on the steps of my house in the rain, when the door was open and you can see people inside.  He didnt even knock.  I FLEW off the couch and opened the door and said HEY, please dont ever leave a package on my steps in the rain when the door is open and you can clearly see people inside, knock next time or leave it in the mailbox where its supposed to be.  He didnt say anything or even look back, he kept going on to the neighbors box

Sep 10, 2010 at 7:50 PM Post #6 of 78

Quote:
The USPS guy where I live always just sticks those "you missed your package" slips in my mailbox because he's too lazy to actually come to my door. It happened just today, in fact.

They do that here too, but there is good reason for that. In my area, the driveways are long, winding and sometimes, even with 4WD in the middle of winter, difficult to make it back up to the main road. It's faster, and more efficient for the mail delivery man to just place a slip in the mailbox sitting on the main road than to drive down each driveway to find that no one is home.

Beyond that, I've not really had a real problem with USPS service in the area. Even when the packing box looks like its been to Hades and back, the internal contents tend to arrive intact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swbf2cheater 

I yelled at my mail man just two days ago for leaving a package on the steps of my house in the rain, when the door was open and you can see people inside.

FedEx and UPS actually do this at my house all the time. Regardless if anyone is home or not, they will actually come right down the driveway, drop the package in front of the door and drive off. Every once in a while, you might get a guy who will actually ring the bell once, but even then, they don't wait for an answer and just go straight to their truck and keep going. Never really bothered me, because there's enough privacy in my area that no one would ever really notice any package sitting in front of most people's driveways.

Sep 10, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #7 of 78
I hope people don't mind if I pop in a complaint about Fed Ex.

A couple of weeks ago I sold my beloved Michell GyroDec using eBay to a lovely guy in Spain.

I had owned the GyroDec for 20 years and it was in absolutely superb condition.

Here it is:

It was packaged in the original packaging.

I had taken huge care to make sure that the very nice Spanish guy received the GyroDec is good condition.

Fed Ex smashed it.

Fortunately it was 100% insured, but for me the money is not the point.

It was really that I had kept it so well, that I had taken such care about packaging it.

Anyway I will return you now to discussion of USPS...

Sep 10, 2010 at 9:24 PM Post #9 of 78
Sep 10, 2010 at 9:25 PM Post #10 of 78

Quote:
Because it's great for most people, USPS has always been great for me while Fedex and UPS have been pretty horrible. Sucks that your local USPS guys/office suck.

I agree, I greatly prefer USPS to the others. USPS is cheaper, faster, and more courteous in my area than either Fedex or UPS. I despise Fedex, they take soooo long to deliver a package, and they tracking information is horrid. Since you pay a premium for that tracking, one would assume that it would be top notch. I'm fine with UPS, it's just more expensive, really.

Sep 10, 2010 at 9:44 PM Post #11 of 78
I like USPS and would never use anything else although I don't have issues with UPS or Fedex. All of them are pretty good in my neighborhood. I ship USPS only as their prices are the best and the shipping times is pretty fast. If I'm receiving I would rather have USPS as I typically don't have any issues and they come by the house the most consistent time. UPS is good for me as well since I know the guy who delivers around the area and Fedex delivers pretty early so not a problem there really. I've never had much trouble with any carrier really.

Sep 10, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #12 of 78

Quote:
The USPS is generally good around here. I don't have any complaints.

x2

Quote:

Fed Ex smashed it.

Had the same experience w/ UPS though they usually get it right.  I ordered a 30" monitor from J&R New York, it arrived at my door w/ a gaping hole through the middle of the box and the monitor!  I guess they expected I wouldn't notice the giant hole through the middle of my screen.  I RMAd to J&R and ordered the same item from Newegg the same day.  Newegg was about $20 more expensive because of price and taxes but it arrived the next day via FedEx in perfect and pristine condition.   

Sep 10, 2010 at 10:26 PM Post #13 of 78
FedEx dropped my T1 off on the side of my house. They rang the doorbell and just left it there. Man the area I live in is not good. Hell there was a drug bust a few weeks back and it was across the street from me..

Sep 10, 2010 at 10:45 PM Post #14 of 78
My only complaint about USPS shipping internationally is that their tracking are never up to date.

Sometimes the results I get from the tracking codes are just rubbish, like the time I got a code that said the package was delivered 2 years ago to an address on a different continent.

Quote:

Quote:
Zombie_X said:

FedEx dropped my T1 off on the side of my house. They rang the doorbell and just left it there. Man the area I live in is not good. Hell there was a drug bust a few weeks back and it was across the street from me..

Still arguably better than one of the Auspost parcel delivery guys I have here - he just places my packages, including those that require a signature, in my driveway. Since no-one was home I'm not sure if he tried the door but I'm always surprised and unhappy when I come home to find boxes just sitting there in the wide open space. 

Sep 10, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #15 of 78
its just upsetting to me to see and get so many complaints against USPS every day, so many problems and WTH protests to my department daily...i rarely get one from ups or fedex lol, i mean i get them, but its like a 10:1 ratio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back