Use a standard USB DAC with a Nexus 7 (step by step guide)
Jan 14, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #46 of 143
Quote:
fair enough, i apparently had a sucess with the trnity kernel so now have that but am a bit stuck what to do next to view the kernel has been successful etc. Getting a kernel manager now. Sorry but as an apple boy this is all very new :wink:

From what I read they removed USB audio from Trinity at some point.  Maybe you could test and let us know.  To see the kernel go to settings--->about device---->kernel.  Should say something about trinity kernel with lots of other crap.

Jan 14, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #48 of 143
No problem.  If it didn't take I would follow my guide on the previous page and see if that works.  I have a feeling it only works in 4.1.X as the thread over there has been inactive for some time.

Jan 14, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #51 of 143
I'm rooted using rasbeanjelly, but it's the kernel which makes the difference and so far despite various claims on xda the only kernel I've found that works is the faux one, as per others it does require the dac to be plugged in at boot to work

Jan 15, 2013 at 2:15 AM Post #54 of 143
I'm rooted using rasbeanjelly, but it's the kernel which makes the difference and so far despite various claims on xda the only kernel I've found that works is the faux one, as per others it does require the dac to be plugged in at boot to work

This and faux?

Yeah those are what I'm using

Sent from my HTC One X

Jan 15, 2013 at 3:05 AM Post #55 of 143
quick question where is the root of your SD Card, is there a specific folder i should stick the kernel or rom in?\

Every single thing i try and flash fail, i have tried to flash back 4.1.2 following that guide, failed, tried to flash faux 4.2.1, failed. Do not have a clue why....

This:

http://vetexpo.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/xda-developers-q-no-md5-file-found.html

Jan 15, 2013 at 5:55 AM Post #56 of 143
Which recovery are trying to flash from? I use twrp and the latest version 3.3.2.0 iirc, with jellyrom I flash in this order; rom, gapps, kernel

I download the files to my pc and transfer them to the N7 in a folder called downloads

Sent from my HTC One X,

Jan 15, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #58 of 143
If everything is failing you are putting in the wrong spot and recovery knows you can't flash. It's similar to how you can't format the C drive in Windows - Windows is using it. It's like cutting off the same arm doing the cutting so Windows, or in this case recovery, freaks out and stops you.

​Root of the SD card means the top of that folder, similar to when people say "put X in the root of your hard drive" it means the highest up you can go, in the case of a hard drive C:/. From what I am reading when you plug your N7 in it should show two new things in whatever OS you use: the Nexus 7 and one called SD Card something or other. Drop everything right into the SD card something or other . This thread should be helpful.

(Edit) /*Rant What I don't like is the removal of the SD card slot.  It removes functionality and makes it much harder to root (for the uninitiated).  This goes against everything Google has stood for with Android since day one. */end rant

Jan 15, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #59 of 143
i have found that it does not matter where in the sd card i stick the item i want to flash. Thanks for that though. My problem is something different i guess. So i rootedmy nexus 7 and unlocked it. Do i have to do anything else before i can get kernels on it? Btw if it helps i am in the UK so my n7 is a uk one?

Jan 15, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #60 of 143
Quote:
i have found that it does not matter where in the sd card i stick the item i want to flash. Thanks for that though. My problem is something different i guess. So i rootedmy nexus 7 and unlocked it. Do i have to do anything else before i can get kernels on it? Btw if it helps i am in the UK so my n7 is a uk one?

I was thinking you may be putting it in the N7 root, so I wanted to make sure :wink:.  You shouldn't have to do anything different as all N7 hardware is exactly the same.  Recovery doesn't give you an error?  Does it just stop?  Did you retry downloading them (sometimes it gets corrupted during download)?

If it's failing at MD5 it means that the tag on the download isn't matching up to what its supposed to be so the install aborts. This usually is because the download or source file is corrupted.  What have you tried flashing? Kernel? Have you tried a ROM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back