USB DAC Design questions
Aug 17, 2006 at 8:57 PM Post #410 of 458
Received my boards yesterday - thanks ble0t and 00940. It looks great. I'll try to keep it that way. I think it's time to replace my $8 40 watt soldering iron with something a lil better. Maybe a $25 25 watt soldering iron? That's an improvement of $0.20 / watt to $1 / watt.
smily_headphones1.gif
Does that mean it'll improve my soldering skills by 500%? :p

Sep 8, 2006 at 12:39 PM Post #411 of 458
Just a couple of things...

Has anyone made any progress on their boards? Just curious if the layout is good and the construction is fairly straight forward.

Also, the PIC code had finally begun in earnest. The main issue is that the person who is writing the code for me does not have a board to test with, so I'll need to get off my arse and get one done for him!

Sorry for a lack of progress/updates here...I just moved into my new (and first) house about 2 weeks ago and it's been hectic...

Sep 8, 2006 at 10:18 PM Post #412 of 458
I am planning on taking some vacation time on the 3rd or 4th week of September, but until then I am just too busy to do anything (counting about 30000 microscopic worms per day), unfortunately.

That plate has about 150 worms on it or so. The largest worms there are about 1mm long, but some are closer to 0.2mm.

I'm going crazy.

Sep 9, 2006 at 2:01 PM Post #414 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutz
I am planning on taking some vacation time on the 3rd or 4th week of September, but until then I am just too busy to do anything (counting about 30000 microscopic worms per day), unfortunately.

That plate has about 150 worms on it or so. The largest worms there are about 1mm long, but some are closer to 0.2mm.

I'm going crazy.

Just a piece of advice from a fellow scientist: Get someone to write an image recognition algorithm for you, or better yet, DIY
biggrin.gif

Sep 9, 2006 at 10:34 PM Post #415 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by ezkcdude
Just a piece of advice from a fellow scientist: Get someone to write an image recognition algorithm for you, or better yet, DIY
biggrin.gif

The problem isn't the image recognition - the problem is the image acquisition at a sufficiently high magnification, without spending a lot of money on new equipment. Since this is a one (well, now two) time project, we're not going to spend major $$$$ on buying new equipment just to save me some time. In order to be able to identify all the worms, I need to be at 40-60x magnification, but anything greater than about 10x, and the plate falls out of view - hence, back to counting manually.

Sep 16, 2006 at 1:00 AM Post #416 of 458
Hi ble0t and 00940;

Re: Digikey BOM:

There is a listing for 8 * CAP .001UF 63V METAL POLY - but I can't find this same part in the more recent BOM, which connects particular parts to locations..? Can you tell us what they are for?

Sep 17, 2006 at 11:51 PM Post #418 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by ble0t
Has anyone made any progress on their boards? Just curious if the layout is good and the construction is fairly straight forward.

took me some time to source all needed parts and got them about 2 weeks ago. I've been little swamped the last time and I started populating the board today. Hopefully I can report about the first run the next days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back