USB DAC Design questions
Jul 13, 2006 at 9:28 PM Post #391 of 458
lambda.gif

The boards came in today! My camera is currently in another state (the girlfriend is borrowing it for a trip), so I won't be able to get any pics done until the middle of next week unless I attempt to use the camera phone. I can tell you that they look great and I'm excited to build one!

I've been trying to get a partial BOM done, but I've been quite busy with "real life" again, so it's not as far along as I'd like. I'll try to get that done by the end of next week.

Finally, I had only ordered 4 boards but they sent 5 of them, so I have an additional board for anyone who wants it. If someone claims it, it will lower the per board cost for everyone that is prototyping since I can spread out the savings
smily_headphones1.gif

I will try to get the boards in the mail as soon as I can. If you haven't sent me your addresses (both mailing and Paypal), drop me a PM or e-mail.

EDIT: OK, I pulled out the phone camera and took the best shots I could...here ya go!

PCB Top

PCB Bottom

2nd EDIT: All boards are spoken for! Thanks everyone!

Jul 17, 2006 at 5:04 PM Post #392 of 458
OK...here is the BOM thus far for Digikey. I'm working on the one for Mouser and should hopefully get that posted either tonight or tomorrow.

EDIT: The Mouser BOM has now also been added. Please note that certain parts are missing in relation to the I/V stage and balanced stage. I am working on getting those values and should be able to post updated versions soon. Thanks!

Jul 20, 2006 at 12:01 AM Post #393 of 458
Just an update for you guys...

I've been really, really busy lately (best man in a wedding this past weekend and out of town training most of this week), so I will try and get the boards out as soon as I possibly can.

Aug 6, 2006 at 2:43 PM Post #394 of 458
OK...sorry for the delay on everything as of late. I finally got the boards mailed out as of Thursday this past week. I just bought a house (my first one...yay) about two weeks ago, so things have been hectic and money is going to be a bit tighter, but I hope to start building one of these after I've moved in (which is at the end of the month). Hopefully a couple of the other prototypers will have something before then. Also, please let me know if anything is missing from the BOM aside from the I/V and balanced stuff.

Aug 7, 2006 at 3:32 AM Post #396 of 458
The code there is progressing a bit slower than I would like. I would point out though that this only affects the SPDIF portion of the DAC...the USB portion will work just fine (you can use a jumper to hard set it to only use the USB signal). Let me know when you guys get your boards
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 9, 2006 at 5:04 PM Post #397 of 458
received the board safe and sound today, looks very good
smily_headphones1.gif

the legend print of the board contains part outlines but no part numbers or ids, please post an eagle layout with tNames and bNames enabled

Aug 10, 2006 at 1:23 PM Post #398 of 458
Sorry about that...the labels got so tight in the design, it was going to be impossible to have them on the board and have them be legible. I'm working on putting the board labels into both BOM's and also working on getting the I/V and balanced parts in there as well. I'll post everything as soon as I can.

Aug 10, 2006 at 3:35 PM Post #399 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by steinchen
received the board safe and sound today, looks very good
smily_headphones1.gif

the legend print of the board contains part outlines but no part numbers or ids, please post an eagle layout with tNames and bNames enabled

Are pics ensuing?

Aug 16, 2006 at 2:47 PM Post #404 of 458
Sorry for the delay, but things have been busy for me as of late. Here are shots of the top and bottom with names and a new BOM that has all the values associated with the names. The BOM spreadsheets for the specific distributors do need to be updated to reflect some changes and also to reflect the addition of the I/V section and the balanced section. I'll try and get those done next.

Bottom

Also, there is one minor error in the silkscreen on the board, but it is very important: C67 and C71 (caps connected to VCOM on the DAC) should be reversed i.e. the polarity is wrong on the silkscreen.

EDIT: Oops...thanks for catching that link problem steinchen...it's been fixed now
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back