USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Mar 3, 2024 at 9:57 AM Post #6,166 of 6,519
The dual power supply problem no longer exists considering the very low background noise of modern dongles (just read their signal/noise characteristics). If you are talking about volts entering the amplifier they would be 2v for unbalanced outputs and 4v for balanced outputs, so as regards the R2BFE we are talking about 4v because it is only balanced. With all my dongles I put the volume at maximum without any problem with the exception of the RU6 which due to the implementation if set to maximum adds distortion and therefore Cayin recommends a volume value of 76/100 and honestly I don't find any difference with the RU7 which has the line out. I find the R2BFE really excellent as long as you don't use it with IEMs with very low impedance and even with those you can use it by purchasing an accessory that Venture Electronics has in its price list, namely the impedance adapter which adds 25ohm. But I tell you that of all my IEMs I only use it for the Mest MKII (12.5 ohm) while for all the others there is no need to use it. As far as the performance of the R2BFE is concerned, I have absolutely no comments to make, it is simply excellent and cannot be used without its powerbank because you would lose the cleanliness of the current on which a good part of its performance is based. If you are not convinced, try asking the users in the dedicated thread that I indicated above what they think... paying 300 euros for an amplifier like this is a miracle for me like that achieved by the dongles which with just a few hundred euros will get you try musical signatures that you would have spent thousands and thousands of euros on.
Thank you.
Sh!t, i forgot about the 300 euros part 😂 For that price, i'd just get the Q15 or DC Elite tbh.
Still, i'll try to get that hub thing first, to see if there's any changes. I'm using my dongles with my typeC port already, so i doubt it would need more current.
Call me greedy, but i really want my Serial to perform to its potential with a dongle. I still can't look away how the DC04 Pro doesn't reproduce the bass adequately with the Serial.

Mar 3, 2024 at 10:00 AM Post #6,167 of 6,519
1 thing i forgot to mention. Essentially the hub is a "thing" that separated the power line and a data line for the dongle. Power from the charging brick and data from your source.
So is the Ibasso CB19 and Ifi Defender the same thing? CB19 only works with a battery brick i think. Whereas the Defender is similar to the hub?

Mar 3, 2024 at 10:06 AM Post #6,168 of 6,519
Thank you.
Sh!t, i forgot about the 300 euros part 😂 For that price, i'd just get the Q15 or DC Elite tbh.
Still, i'll try to get that hub thing first, to see if there's any changes. I'm using my dongles with my typeC port already, so i doubt it would need more current.
Call me greedy, but i really want my Serial to perform to its potential with a dongle. I still can't look away how the DC04 Pro doesn't reproduce the bass adequately with the Serial.
The hub alone greatly increases the potential of any dongle... and you will notice it immediately and also in terms of driving capacity. If you see in the photo you will notice that the absorption (for example of the RU7 reaches 1.3 watts) is much higher than what could also be obtained from a USB port even if perfect in terms of delivery which would still stop at 0.5 watts. In addition to this, the speed of the current with the hub is much higher and you will notice this by reading the changes in absorption it will have during use. Then what your ears hear will make you understand how much the performance of the dongle has increased. You will never have heard the bass of your DC-04PRO like this... :wink:

ru72.jpg

Mar 3, 2024 at 10:09 AM Post #6,169 of 6,519
1 thing i forgot to mention. Essentially the hub is a "thing" that separated the power line and a data line for the dongle. Power from the charging brick and data from your source.
So is the Ibasso CB19 and Ifi Defender the same thing? CB19 only works with a battery brick i think. Whereas the Defender is similar to the hub?
I don't know if the CB19 + the ifi have the same performance as the hub... but they certainly cost more... I imagine.

https://it.aliexpress.com/item/1005...t_main.63.260b3696gCt43w&gatewayAdapt=glo2ita

P.S. With the money from the ifi Defender+ you buy the Colorfly CDA-MP1 which in the end has the type of sound you were looking for.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2024 at 11:05 AM Post #6,170 of 6,519
The hub alone greatly increases the potential of any dongle... and you will notice it immediately and also in terms of driving capacity. If you see in the photo you will notice that the absorption (for example of the RU7 reaches 1.3 watts) is much higher than what could also be obtained from a USB port even if perfect in terms of delivery which would still stop at 0.5 watts. In addition to this, the speed of the current with the hub is much higher and you will notice this by reading the changes in absorption it will have during use. Then what your ears hear will make you understand how much the performance of the dongle has increased. You will never have heard the bass of your DC-04PRO like this... :wink:

ru72.jpg
Sick!
A few last question please :>
What source do you usually use with the sound set up? Your phone, ipad, laptop, computer?
When you buy the hub, does it include a power adapter? Wouldn't it introduced noise like for the RA2BFE?
I guess i'll try to search for the Pulwtop like yours, as i recall 1 or some people having their hub failed.
As for the Idefender, i agree. That thing is too expensive

Mar 3, 2024 at 11:20 AM Post #6,171 of 6,519
Sick!
A few last question please :>
What source do you usually use with the sound set up? Your phone, ipad, laptop, computer?
When you buy the hub, does it include a power adapter? Wouldn't it introduced noise like for the RA2BFE?
I guess i'll try to search for the Pulwtop like yours, as i recall 1 or some people having their hub failed.
As for the Idefender, i agree. That thing is too expensive
I use the PulWtop both when I'm on the computer and with the phone because through its cable to the streamer it doesn't carry power so it doesn't burn up the computer's USB and it doesn't charge the phone endlessly which however is freed from having to power the dongle so with one charge you have many hours of playback without problems. It doesn't add any background noise, on the contrary it cleans everything up thanks to the internal separation between current and signal, giving you a sound with a practically pitch-black background, greater power, greater separation and better details... in short, the dongle works at its maximum . Remember that it must be connected exclusively to the last port (the only one powered and which shows the instantaneous absorption alongside) as shown in the photo. The PulWtop/Minisopuru already comes with its own power supply so you don't need to spend anything else.

Mar 3, 2024 at 11:26 AM Post #6,172 of 6,519
Thank you

Mar 3, 2024 at 1:51 PM Post #6,174 of 6,519
Mar 3, 2024 at 10:19 PM Post #6,176 of 6,519
Can anyone help me?
I would rec e1da 9038d6k, clean as water. Its tonality is relatively opposite from warm and colored creative dongle. E1da costs a bit over $100 though.

Mar 4, 2024 at 2:20 AM Post #6,177 of 6,519
Fwiw, E1DA 9038D and 9038D6K is identical in sound quality. The 6k was just updated in some components, you can read it on their website. As for sound quality, i completely agree, it's clear and analytical as heck. I can perceive its brightness in a more transparent iem. As much as i don't like that, it's suitable for a warm-ish iems

Mar 4, 2024 at 2:58 AM Post #6,178 of 6,519
Fwiw, E1DA 9038D and 9038D6K is identical in sound quality. The 6k was just updated in some components, you can read it on their website. As for sound quality, i completely agree, it's clear and analytical as heck. I can perceive its brightness in a more transparent iem. As much as i don't like that, it's suitable for a warm-ish iems

Yep agreed.

But the good thing is there is a free firmware mod you can use to change the sound. I found a tube amp mode for these 9038 dongles, and it really makes the sound very analoguish instead of the stock analytical one. So quite nice flexibility if you opt for it.

Mar 4, 2024 at 3:03 AM Post #6,179 of 6,519
Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 4:32 AM Post #6,180 of 6,519
Is Helm Bolt Audio not good? I like it but I don't know if it's better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back