USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Jan 27, 2024 at 9:03 AM Post #6,031 of 6,468
you made me curious ... just ordered one of these Aune Yuki... it is not my style of dongle (too big and bulky, likely sucking up too much power from my phone even when idle and with pointless marketing-driven features .e.g. do we really need a early valves times style ceramic board, pointless glass side just adding thickness for nothing, ...) but your description makes it sound so good

When you're at home and want to get the most out of your dongles, try using this to power them and give them the power they need to express themselves to the fullest... it's cheap but it will transform all your dongles into something extraordinary. In addition to physically separating the signal from the current, it will prevent your mobile phone from discharging but it will not charge it either, avoiding damaging the battery (obviously it can also be used with a computer USB) and will provide all your dongles with unimaginable current and so power.

https://it.aliexpress.com/item/1005...t_main.42.7cbe3696wYj9tq&gatewayAdapt=glo2ita

yuki.jpg

Jan 27, 2024 at 9:13 AM Post #6,032 of 6,468
When you're at home and want to get the most out of your dongles, try using this to power them and give them the power they need to express themselves to the fullest... it's cheap but it will transform all your dongles into something extraordinary. In addition to physically separating the signal from the current, it will prevent your mobile phone from discharging but it will not charge it either, avoiding damaging the battery (obviously it can also be used with a computer USB) and will provide all your dongles with unimaginable current and so power.

https://it.aliexpress.com/item/1005005883913960.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.42.7cbe3696wYj9tq&gatewayAdapt=glo2i
Thanks... I have already few of those USP ports units around to drive RAID hard drive units and other stuff... will try this Yuki when it arrives..
Yuki is way too bulky for me to keep in my pocket when I travel or go to office but I am actually thinking of keeping it next to my laptop ..

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2024 at 9:20 AM Post #6,033 of 6,468
Jan 27, 2024 at 12:19 PM Post #6,034 of 6,468
just ordered one of these....

Sounds like something one could overhear at a shrink 🤣

On the other hand, haven't we all been there (the situation, not the shrink) ?

Jan 27, 2024 at 4:08 PM Post #6,035 of 6,468
The Yuki is one of the smallest dongles I own... and in any case the hub I pointed out to you can also be found with the Pulwtop brand... and it is not a hub like the others but it has some truly unique features for use with dongles.

https://pulwtop.com/products/pulwto...0gbps-ports-for-imac-macbook-pro-air-ipad-xps
Is this the same one as well: TobenONE Powered USB C Hub with Power Adapter, 10Gbps USB C Splitter with 4*USB-C 3.2 for Data&20W Charging, USB C to USB C Hub Multiport Adapter for MacBook, iPad, Surface,Dell,etc(Not for Monitor) https://a.co/d/5xgJjox

Jan 27, 2024 at 4:18 PM Post #6,036 of 6,468
Yes it is the same hub. :wink:

Jan 28, 2024 at 11:17 AM Post #6,037 of 6,468
What to choose:

Moondrop dawn pro
Fiio KA11
Shanling UA1 Plus

Will be used on the go, on mobile phone.

Moondrop looks the best spec wise (balanced 4.4mm, which for now I will not be using), Fiio looks powerfull and robust, easy to handle on the go.

Are moondrop and shanling more for desktop use, does somebody using these dacs on the go, how is the cable? Fiio BTR5 is always upluging, and it is only usable on bluetooth, I don't want same with new dac.

Jan 29, 2024 at 11:52 AM Post #6,038 of 6,468
Jan 29, 2024 at 12:18 PM Post #6,040 of 6,468
Jan 29, 2024 at 1:23 PM Post #6,042 of 6,468
Sometimes I am actually thinking that I would need professional support to control this addiction ... :rolling_eyes:
Don't worry, you're not the only one... read my signature and you'll understand that you're not even one of the most serious cases... lol

Jan 29, 2024 at 4:22 PM Post #6,044 of 6,468
Sometimes I am actually thinking that I would need professional support to control this addiction ... :rolling_eyes:
You are not alone, bro ! I am a shopaholic; my girlfriend makes jokes about a courier arriving twice a week :wink: .

On the serious side: you are never late to get help. I already started.

Jan 29, 2024 at 5:11 PM Post #6,045 of 6,468
my girlfriend makes jokes about a courier arriving twice a week

My wife stopped joking, when she realised that the courier is in fact a young, always smiling lady :beyersmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back