USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Dec 5, 2023 at 5:51 AM Post #5,821 of 6,468
We are also talking (finally) about the DC-Elite even if we hear around that it is very open in the highs (hopefully not too much)... while we still don't hear anything about the D16 Taipan (1bit DAC)... I will read some more reviews on the DC- Elite before diving into the purchase.

Dec 5, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #5,822 of 6,468
iFi Go Link
I have two newbie questions:
1) at around the same budget as the iFi GO link, which is better: a wired or bluetooth DAC? two examples: TOPPING BC3 and FiiO BTR3K (when it's discounted)
I imagine that the higher the price, the more sense a Bluetooth DAC makes compared to a wired one, or am I wrong?
2) The wired DAC consumes much more phone battery than the Bluetooth one (which has its own power supply), right?

JCally JM6 Pro - can't go wrong!
Attractive for the purchase price!
Anyway, can you think of anything else? (only to broaden the possible choices)

Thank you very much, you are very kind! :)

Dec 6, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #5,823 of 6,468
Attractive for the purchase price!
Anyway, can you think of anything else? (only to broaden the possible choices)

Thank you very much, you are very kind! :)

Jcally JM20 is a really nice dongle too, with a single Cirrus Logic CS43131. :)

Dec 7, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #5,824 of 6,468
My favourite lightweight 3,5mm dongle is the iFi Go Link 👍
Not a power monster, but sufficient for IEMs and most easy to drive headphones, like for example Meze 109 Pro :L3000:
So you crap on the TC44Pro for its "bad design" because it's supposedly dangerous for the USB port of the phone and because it has limited power, then you say one of your favorite dongle is the Go Link who has one of the biggest ass usb connector ever made on a dongle (but no danger here, go figure), who has a fixed cable (we all know that's the absolute best way to go design wise right) and who has literaly 40% less power than the TC44Pro. Delightful consistency right there :ok_hand:

Dec 7, 2023 at 2:23 PM Post #5,825 of 6,468
You clearly did not understand anything that I wrote about TC44Pro. But that is Ok. Not understanding is probably not your fault.
Further discussion is useless. Just go about your business.

Go Link 👍

Dec 7, 2023 at 3:15 PM Post #5,826 of 6,468
Anybody with eyes can clearly see that this is bad design and potentially harmful to the equipment it is attached to.
IMHO this a poorly designed, overprices dongle with mediocre power output
Oh yes it's so elaborated that i obviously didn't understand what you said.

Dec 8, 2023 at 6:29 AM Post #5,828 of 6,468
Dec 8, 2023 at 7:28 AM Post #5,829 of 6,468
Hello is there any user that has reviewed the Colorfly M1P? I was thinking of buying it as it seems very promising.

Thanks
Hi! I have the Colorfly M1P, I got it about a week ago. I must say that I am very pleased with it. I also have E1DA 9038D (which is based on ES9038Q2M) and I must say that Colorfly M1P is not that harsh as 9038D. I have listened it with my Aur Audio Neon Pro IEM and it is excellent combination. Colorfly M1P has very good sense of space. Bass is very nice, it goes deep and highs are not harsh as highs on 9038D. I like to listen different kind of music, from country to 80's electro and even some metal bands.
Overall, I think that if you want something to tame IEMs with bright sound, Colorfly M1P is a great choice.
Besides that, you can get Colorfly M1P really cheap if you buy it on some sale event on AliEx. I got mine for 58eur. :)

Dec 8, 2023 at 7:55 AM Post #5,830 of 6,468
Hi! I have the Colorfly M1P, I got it about a week ago. I must say that I am very pleased with it. I also have E1DA 9038D (which is based on ES9038Q2M) and I must say that Colorfly M1P is not that harsh as 9038D. I have listened it with my Aur Audio Neon Pro IEM and it is excellent combination. Colorfly M1P has very good sense of space. Bass is very nice, it goes deep and highs are not harsh as highs on 9038D. I like to listen different kind of music, from country to 80's electro and even some metal bands.
Overall, I think that if you want something to tame IEMs with bright sound, Colorfly M1P is a great choice.
Besides that, you can get Colorfly M1P really cheap if you buy it on some sale event on AliEx. I got mine for 58eur. :)
Thank you for the resposnse.

Actually I would like to use it with my HD600 or K701 and I am not sure if there is good synergy here and can drive them properly. I was thinking to cover me as a dac/amp and not to look out for a more expensive option such as Mojo 2 or HIBI FC6 and CAYIN RU7.

About IEM as the budget is tight I am looking for a good option for an iem with good soundstage and not v-shaped and I am thinking of buying Crinacle Zero Red or Blue (dilemma here!) or even Tanchjim Zero as for the price looks very promising. Too difficult the IEM option to the price range until 50$!!

Dec 8, 2023 at 8:59 AM Post #5,831 of 6,468
Andy's description of Colorfly M1P is spot on. A very pleasant sounding, powerful and well built dongle 👍

Bloody heavy though. IMHO at least :D

Dec 8, 2023 at 8:24 PM Post #5,832 of 6,468
Hi everyone, @Dongle madness :wink: I wanted to share my experience with using dongles for audio. I started with Fiio's BTR5 and then upgraded to their newer BTR7, which I found to be fantastic in terms of its compact size and features.

Recently, I came across an audio science review of the TempoTec Sonata BHD Pro and decided to order it. However, I am now curious about the newer AKM version of a dongle and would appreciate any other recommendations you may have.

Dec 9, 2023 at 6:55 AM Post #5,833 of 6,468
Hello is there any user that has reviewed the Colorfly M1P? I was thinking of buying it as it seems very promising.

Thanks
I just got it. I think it sounds better than RU7 when paired with Magicone. Note weight is soooo good.

Dec 9, 2023 at 6:59 AM Post #5,834 of 6,468
The included cable is actually not dogsh*t 😭🤣

PXL_20231208_140829030.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2023 at 8:44 AM Post #5,835 of 6,468
Have been living with the Questyle M15 for a few weeks now, mainly on my commute to and from work.
Sound wise, I appreciate its neutrality and it has plenty of power. I still think it's behind the likes of Mojo2 in this area, but in terms of sound for size it works well for me. As I've mentioned previously, it's also a clear upgrade over the Violectric Chronos I used to run - detail retrieval and sound stage in particular.

It does have its quirks, the most annoying being a seriously high sensitivity to EMI. Mojo2 also suffers from this when placed close to the phone, but the M15 is on another level. Can get really frustrating.
The other downside I've found is it underperforms as a desktop DAC, hooked to an external amp. Just doesn't have enough power, even over the balanced the output. Pity as this limits its versatility for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back