USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Nov 30, 2023 at 4:50 PM Post #5,806 of 6,462
That is exactly what I am saying.

Anybody with eyes can clearly see that this is bad design and potentially harmful to the equipment it is attached to.

But you seem happy, so let it be✌️

Nov 30, 2023 at 6:34 PM Post #5,807 of 6,462
You know it's not a freesbee, it's a phone + an adapter and you keep it in the palm of your hand, in your pocket, or on some furniture.
I use it daily and i never felt worried by the "bad design", never thought "oups gotta be more careful" or whatever.
That's just it, i'm not a fanboy defending my purchase or whatever, i'm the first to crap on something i bought if it happens to deserve it.
By the way not a single review or feedback from people who actually used the damn thing says it's a "bad design" who must be handled like it's made of crystal, but hey eyes must be on short supply these days.

Dec 1, 2023 at 4:08 AM Post #5,808 of 6,462
IMHO this a poorly designed, overprices dongle with mediocre power output 👎

Dec 2, 2023 at 6:34 AM Post #5,810 of 6,462
My COLORFLY CDA-M1P bought from Shenzhenaudio arrived yesterday :L3000:

Plays just like Andy described it (klick) and is built like a tank.
Unfortunately, it also weighs like a tank.
So today I sold it to a friend :)

MOONDROP Dawn Pro should arrive next week. Not nearly as powerful as CDA-MP1, but also not nearly as heavy. IMHO an important parameter of a dongle.

Dec 2, 2023 at 7:39 AM Post #5,811 of 6,462
Here is my take about the Aune Yuki. Yuki owners please continue this thread, I'm interested in your opinions..
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/aune-yuki.26866/reviews
1-picsay.jpg

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/aune-yuki.26866/reviews

Dec 4, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #5,813 of 6,462
My COLORFLY CDA-M1P bought from Shenzhenaudio arrived yesterday :L3000:

Plays just like Andy described it (klick) and is built like a tank.
Unfortunately, it also weighs like a tank.
So today I sold it to a friend :)

MOONDROP Dawn Pro should arrive next week. Not nearly as powerful as CDA-MP1, but also not nearly as heavy. IMHO an important parameter of a dongle.

Ouch.

If you miss the sound of the detail resolving qualities of the AK4493SEQ, AkLIAM make a small dongle with that chip too (which I own). I am in the process of evaluating it for a review. I was myself tempted to get the Colorfly, but I am currently evaluating 2 dongles for review so don't want to overwhelm myself. :D

My last review I posted on Head-Fi was the AkLIAM PD4 Plus, which is an all round excellent unit (as also reviewed by AndyAudioVault). Same 2x CS43131 setup as the Moondrop Dawn Pro but with a transparent acrylic window and arguably way better build quality.

Are there any dongles (usb-c or Bluetooth) which have an LCD or LED display that also shows the track/artist playing (ie. along with the bitrate/sample rate)?
Not many from what I know.

Perhaps the FiiO KA5.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #5,814 of 6,462
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a cheap USB-C to 3.5mm adapter to connect my pixel 8 to my car radio. I tried the Google one but I returned it because I wasn't satisfied at all.
I read that the Apple one is not bad in relation to the purchase cost, however it could be a bit "silent". Alternatives that you would recommend for my use? (maybe available on Amazon)

Thank you :)

Dec 4, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #5,815 of 6,462
My favourite lightweight 3,5mm dongle is the iFi Go Link 👍
Not a power monster, but sufficient for IEMs and most easy to drive headphones, like for example Meze 109 Pro :L3000:

Dec 4, 2023 at 4:49 PM Post #5,817 of 6,462
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a cheap USB-C to 3.5mm adapter to connect my pixel 8 to my car radio. I tried the Google one but I returned it because I wasn't satisfied at all.
I read that the Apple one is not bad in relation to the purchase cost, however it could be a bit "silent". Alternatives that you would recommend for my use? (maybe available on Amazon)

Thank you :)

JCally JM6 Pro - can't go wrong!

Dec 4, 2023 at 11:16 PM Post #5,818 of 6,462
I can't see from any pictures whether it does or not - can anyone verify?

Okay I dont know about the track playing but it certainly does show the current bitrate and volume:

ka5.JPG

Dec 5, 2023 at 1:20 AM Post #5,820 of 6,462
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back