USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Jun 17, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #5,071 of 6,508
on space's default volume and high gain, my phone volume has to be at minimum volume for it to be ok for my ears. Yeah I'm that sensitive I guess :sweat_smile:
I guess it depends on the phone and the IEMs, according to the "Hearing Test" app my hearing is perfectly fine and i listen to kinda loud volume but far from crazy loud like in a concert :sweat_smile:

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #5,072 of 6,508
hmm ok I turned off android battery optimization for uapp, then left it playing out of 4.4mm at a slightly higher volume than I'm comfortable with (since I listen lower volume than most people) while leaving the screen black. In 90minutes, it used 7% of my Samsung A52 5G's battery (4,500 mAh) which is already more than 2 years old. So I would predict about 21-22 hours of playtime estimated for my phone.
Thanks! I finally bought it. Seems to be one of the most optimized dongles, along with the Shio. That's really important for me, as my use will be on the go, and the phone I use for music is an LG with a 3000mAh battery.

Jun 18, 2023 at 9:36 PM Post #5,073 of 6,508
Really looking forward to DC05/06PRO to see how well iBasso can do with dongles

Jun 19, 2023 at 12:09 AM Post #5,074 of 6,508
Hello all.
Need a type c to 3.5mm dangle for my new Pixel 6a. Still hate that this is even something i have to shop for now.

Using Beyerdynamics Soul Byer for my daily use headphones. I have sensitive hearing and ears and the Soul Byers have been one of the few I can wear comfortably.
Looking for something reliable, balanced and hopefully under $50. Listen to a wide range of music rock, folk, alternate, instrumental, irish and some pop.
I am not much of audiophile in knowing all the nitty gritty terms and references so I apologize in advanced for any asinine questions i ask.

Thanks in advanced for the suggestions.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2023 at 12:17 AM Post #5,075 of 6,508
@PlentyCoups your options would be more if you choose a 4.4mm one. I seldom see any 2.5mm dongles out there. Its jus a question of buying a 2.5mm to 4.4mm adapter.

Jun 19, 2023 at 8:40 AM Post #5,076 of 6,508
@PlentyCoups your options would be more if you choose a 4.4mm one. I seldom see any 2.5mm dongles out there. Its jus a question of buying a 2.5mm to 4.4mm adapter.

This is what i get for not proof reading. I ment 3.5mm adaptor. (Corrected it in my original post)
Does this change my options at all?
I have been reading this discussion but it has been slow going. I have seen alot of talk about the 4.4mm adaptors.

Jun 21, 2023 at 2:45 AM Post #5,080 of 6,508
Just tested it, and it seems that is correct ... Btw, I hear hiss with the NOS filter, does anyone face that?
Yes you are right .. i did test a sensitive iem and on NOS filter it does have a very mild hiss.

Jun 21, 2023 at 4:33 AM Post #5,081 of 6,508
Yes you are right .. i did test a sensitive iem and on NOS filter it does have a very mild hiss.
My ears are relatively sensitive, my friend does not hear hiss but I do, so hiss really bothers me, what a curse :D

Jun 21, 2023 at 4:48 AM Post #5,082 of 6,508
I have tried a couple of dongles like the RU6, the DC03 Pro or the apple dongle with my iPhone 13 mini. I was eyeballing the Violectric Chronos for its size and power consumption and ordered one from a Spanish online store that has them on sale for 119€, instead of the usual 199€.

Iam very happy with it. The sound it delivers together with size and especially its very low power consumption, makes it one of the best matches for iPhone users out there. And for the discounted price, it is a no brainer.

It may not be in the same ball park of the RU6 in terms of SQ, but overall, for a portability experience, I have learnt that not always SQ overcomes everything. Of course if one can have a RU6/RU7 and something like a Chronos, you just get the best of the dongle world for different occasions.

Cheers.

Jun 21, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #5,083 of 6,508

Jun 21, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #5,085 of 6,508
Too limited for top picks. Lacking all top performers for price. EPZ, Akliam, iBasso, Shio...
Yep, quite limited selection, hardly clear reasoning (to me at least) and then if BHD pro is available for $45 - it is just of the disruptive value, including making this comparison obsolete...
Mine BHD pro in the local post office - hope to get it soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back