USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Feb 14, 2022 at 12:11 AM Post #3,586 of 6,508
Hello everyone,
Im looking for a low powered dac dongle for my beloved earbud (Shozy BK 16 ohm) could you guys recommend me one.
Im looking for a neutral sounding dac because i listen to a lot of jazz, i like a sparky treble, airy high, forward mid for females vocals.
For technicality side eg. soundstage and details i just want it to be competent because this earbud already have a great detail and soundstage.

I have apple dongle and very impressed with it, it sound so clean and have a great synergy with the Shozy, however the build quality leave much to be desired.
I have Fiio KA3 which is very neutral and much more analytical but it pulled out so much power that I actually used that with my 6xx instead, not a great pair with low sensitive earbud.
I have V.E odyssey and not impressed, too warm for my taste.

So for now I’m looking for a dongle dac which performs like apple dongle but with a great build quality, what do you guys have in mind?
( I will use it with my IPad air so apple compatibility would be great in addition)
Check Andy's website, this should help you narrow it down:

https://andyaudiovault.com/donglemadness/

Feb 14, 2022 at 2:23 AM Post #3,591 of 6,508
Thinking of getting the Creative SXFI, it's pretty affordable and from andy's review, it sounds great and a better buy than DC05? Does anyone have it?

Can't find its output impedance though..

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2022 at 2:31 AM Post #3,592 of 6,508
Feb 15, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #3,595 of 6,508
Ya $17 dac was just as good as the Ka3 in terms of sound

Feb 17, 2022 at 2:23 AM Post #3,597 of 6,508
To anyone interested in a dongle for music AND for game consoles, check out the xduoo link 2 bal. Has a UAC switch so you can use both. 2 cs43131 chips as well as 4.4 and 3.5 outputs. Pretty dang good for a buck fifty!
Yeah the price really surprised me, I was planning to buy W2-131. But xDuoo Link2 Bal at half price but almost same spec got me thinking if I should've gone with this instead....... hmmmmmm choices.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back