USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Apr 7, 2021 at 4:36 AM Post #2,251 of 6,469
Where would you get the input signal from a closed digital usb-c dongle?
My understanding is that it is a comparison with the input/output of a known calibrated source (the AP5000 ADC / DAC) without the USB-C connected device and then measured with the USB-C connected device. Subtract one from the other to give the difference. As the AP5000 has been calibrated, then this difference can be instantly displayed, which is what I believe the graph is showing. More info here

Apr 7, 2021 at 5:07 AM Post #2,252 of 6,469
Yes, but against what is it plotted. Without knowing that the graph is meaningless.
If it would be input versus output, and there was a delay of 5 micro seconds between input and output, this would be exactly what you would see.
To measure the phase, you would need to measure the phase of all frequencies from the input, next measure the phase of all the frequencies on the output. Then you can compare those two.
Where would you get the input signal from a closed digital usb-c dongle?

It is not that I want to be mean, I just want to understand what is going on.
Maybe you could tell us where these graphs come from?

Honestly speaking i dont even care what are you talking about, i just post some measurement firmware update progress from L7Audiolab. So if you like to be ” Nerd " then Google is your friend...
i enjoy the music not the stuff so i dont deal with your bla bla bla ya da ya da... ✌

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2021 at 5:20 AM Post #2,253 of 6,469
Hi guys!
I'm buying a Meizu Master Hifi and planning to use it with my smartphone and laptop, but for the latter I'd need a USB-C to USB-A adapter since it doesn't have a type-C port. Would I be losing audio quality by doing this?

Apr 7, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #2,254 of 6,469
My understanding is that it is a comparison with the input/output of a known calibrated source (the AP5000 ADC / DAC) without the USB-C connected device and then measured with the USB-C connected device. Subtract one from the other to give the difference. As the AP5000 has been calibrated, then this difference can be instantly displayed, which is what I believe the graph is showing. More info here
Thanks @digititus this is useful info.

Apr 9, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #2,259 of 6,469
Hello,
I've received the SoundMagic A30, how can i know my smartphone is using it while listening musics ? I'm using Google play music (and flac 24bits/192khz musics) and it didn't change a lot...
Also, when it's used with the PC (Windows 10), the sound is cut after some minutes...

Apr 9, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #2,260 of 6,469
Hello,
I've received the SoundMagic A30, how can i know my smartphone is using it while listening musics ? I'm using Google play music (and flac 24bits/192khz musics) and it didn't change a lot...
Also, when it's used with the PC (Windows 10), the sound is cut after some minutes...
As soon as you get sound from the 3.5mm jack of the A30 then your phone is bypassed.

I haven't experienced any sound cuts with my PC.

Apr 9, 2021 at 6:46 PM Post #2,261 of 6,469
Sorry to reiterate a common request, but can someone suggest a cable?

Getting a Samsung Galaxy tab S7+. I’ve so far avoided non-3.5mm devices (using LG V phone line etc.) and was unaware of this new trend of not only removing a AUX out, but also removing DAC/audio out through USC. What crap. Just need something to tide me over for now. Does the Apple cable support mic/in-line button controls on Android? The OP post doesnt have an answer.

Apr 10, 2021 at 7:09 AM Post #2,262 of 6,469
Sorry to reiterate a common request, but can someone suggest a cable?

Getting a Samsung Galaxy tab S7+. I’ve so far avoided non-3.5mm devices (using LG V phone line etc.) and was unaware of this new trend of not only removing a AUX out, but also removing DAC/audio out through USC. What crap. Just need something to tide me over for now. Does the Apple cable support mic/in-line button controls on Android? The OP post doesnt have an answer.
Buy Meizu HiFi DAC - cheap, great sound quality, does support in-line mic & controls

Apr 10, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #2,263 of 6,469
Has anyone here had a chance to audition/review Shanling UA2? On paper, specs are too good and looks like an endgame kind of stuff in this segment of audio gear.

Apr 10, 2021 at 4:19 PM Post #2,264 of 6,469
Any advice on a use-c dongle to use with a Mac and sometimes with a ipad...... I already own a mojo I want something smaller
1. the best of the bunch - is it lotoo or should I wait for the astell
2. Best VFM
3. Best 4.4 options

all opinions appreciated maybe even a 100-250USD iem advice as well, I have Meze Solo in my mind

Apr 13, 2021 at 7:16 AM Post #2,265 of 6,469
Hello to all at Head-Fi.
I am fairly new in the audiophile world and I have doubts even after reaserching a lot.

I would appreciate the help from more knowledgeable people about the subjct. Currently I have my eyes on KZ ZS10 Pro.

For now my main device to use the IEM will be the OnePlus 8T. Therefore, I need an adapter type-C male to 3,5 mm female and appreciate suggestions.

The adapters from OnePlus create issues like white noise. Other brands have the same issue or are not compatible with my device.

I do not feel like paying the price of an Ibasso DAC. Price range would be 15 USD (more or less the same as in Euros).

Thank you in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back