USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Feb 16, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #2,086 of 6,526
Just got my DC04, and man I have to unplug and replug it couple of times in order for Samsung phone to properly recognize it.

I love the sound, thought it's a bit loud on volume 1 even with UAC with my iem so I've got to even lower software volume a bit.

Feb 16, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #2,087 of 6,526
For a very long time I've only used my DC01 on my computer at work after mistakingly using my phone volume buttons instead of the UAC app....causing a sudden full blast volume from my iems after a single press.
It happened few times and I am too scared to pair it to my phone again.
I've only used USB audio player pro with it, not sure if UAC is a must to adjust the volume or if my settings are wrong in UAPP..

Anyone experienced this? Thinking about getting another usbc - 3.5\2.5mm dac with built-in vol buttons to be safe.

Feb 17, 2021 at 12:54 AM Post #2,089 of 6,526
That's exactly the discription of an ibasso dc03
For a very long time I've only used my DC01 on my computer at work after mistakingly using my phone volume buttons instead of the UAC app....causing a sudden full blast volume from my iems after a single press.
It happened few times and I am too scared to pair it to my phone again.
I've only used USB audio player pro with it, not sure if UAC is a must to adjust the volume or if my settings are wrong in UAPP..

Anyone experienced this? Thinking about getting another usbc - 3.5\2.5mm dac with built-in vol buttons to be safe.
I'm using a dc03 dongle and never installed any 3rd party app. For me the volume rocker is enough control for me. I never experienced a sudden loud volume while using it, I'm enjoying it at 60 percent and maybe for most users here it is already loud. I'm just using a blon bl-01 and a kz zs10 pro with it as my mobile chi-fi solution.

Feb 17, 2021 at 1:02 AM Post #2,090 of 6,526
I'm using a dc03 dongle and never installed any 3rd party app. For me the volume rocker is enough control for me. I never experienced a sudden loud volume while using it, I'm enjoying it at 60 percent and maybe for most users here it is already loud. I'm just using a blon bl-01 and a kz zs10 pro with it as my mobile chi-fi solution.

Me too.
I am in the process of reviewing DC03/04 for hxosplus and I haven't experienced any problems with the volume.
I also tried installing the iBasso uac to check how it works but it won't recognize the Dacs.

Feb 19, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #2,094 of 6,526
Does anyone know of a dongle that has an output impedance between 2-3 so I don't have to use an iematch with my OG Andromeda? Looking for something that is hiss free with sensitive iems, too. Thank you!

Feb 19, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #2,096 of 6,526
Does anyone know of a dongle that has an output impedance between 2-3 so I don't have to use an iematch with my OG Andromeda? Looking for something that is hiss free with sensitive iems, too. Thank you!
Zorloo ZuperDac-S and Centrance DACport HD. Both are 1.9 ohm. The dongle's closest to 2 ohm that I can think of.

Feb 23, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #2,097 of 6,526
IMG_20210222_195902.jpg

I am liking what am I hearing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back