USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Dec 16, 2020 at 6:48 AM Post #1,774 of 6,468
So i'm really confused on which i have to buy.. I use good IEM's all of them 3.5mm and my adapter is on the way to the trash. I need a good adapter with a price below € 50.

If your IEMs are not planars or some extremely low sensitivity ones (eg KBEAR BElieve or Final E5000), then my vote goes to the Tempotec Sonata HD Pro.

Maybe the others can give their suggestions.

Dec 16, 2020 at 6:49 AM Post #1,775 of 6,468
So i'm really confused on which i have to buy.. I use good IEM's all of them 3.5mm and my adapter is on the way to the trash. I need a good adapter with a price below € 50.
I don't really know pounds I think that's like 75 bucks American. For that kind of money you can get something great. I would ask I myself would ask around. I do have the dco 3 coming. It's in the mail it's it's on its way. And if you're not concerned about time meaning shipping shipping could be 10 days or could be a month.if you're not you could go to the AliExpress and really get something great.I would do some research read some reviews and ask like you're doing. I know for 39 to 60 bucks depending on specials you can get the hidizs sonota 3. Cuz I only speak about the ones that I have. It's built incredibly well it works with everything it sounds phenomenal I really believe they're in cahoots with tempack. Kind of like KZ and CCA. The new meizu with the duel operating amps goes for about $22 American sounds phenomenal but you have to be careful with it.it's build is horrible. Then I've got some $2 decks that I don't know if they're still around and I have the q5k which is the Bluetooth model everybody's screaming about. But it's expensive it's about $120 normally and it's great for wireless but as a dac it's just okay.which is too bad because the chip they're using supports other formats but they didn't engage them for some reason. So basically the Miso was dual lamps is a great buy for 22 bucks if you're careful with your stuff. if you can get the hidizs 3:xf_eek:n special with some coupons I ended up getting it for 16 bucks from Amazon. Truly amazing. But then again these dangled:dacs are really amazing. Good luck my friend when I get something new I'll let you know Erik

Dec 16, 2020 at 6:50 AM Post #1,777 of 6,468
If your IEMs are not planars or some extremely low sensitivity ones (eg KBEAR BElieve or Final E5000), then my vote goes to the Tempotec Sonata HD Pro.

Maybe the others can give their suggestions.
I agree with him because the Sonoma HD pro is the same as my Hidizs I'm 90% sure I'm going to check right now. But it's definitely a great great piece no matter what I answer yes I agree with him Erik

Dec 16, 2020 at 6:51 AM Post #1,778 of 6,468
i have Audiofly Af180 Kz zs10 pro and kz zst

Those are easy to drive. I haven't tried the Audiofly but I have the KZs above and have zero issues with Tempotec Sonata HD Pro. Just check with the others if you are using some older/obscure smartphone as it may not be compatible with these or with non windows 10 PC/laptop.

Dec 16, 2020 at 6:53 AM Post #1,780 of 6,468
Those are easy to drive. I haven't tried the Audiofly but I have the KZs above and have zero issues with Tempotec Sonata HD Pro. Just check with the others if you are using some older/obscure smartphone as it may not be compatible with these or with non windows 10 PC/laptop.
No I think the HD pro version does everything automatically like my hideous 3. It was either the non-pro or the two version where you had to pick what performance you wanted from the app there's some people talking about it one or two pages before here. Erik

Dec 16, 2020 at 6:57 AM Post #1,781 of 6,468
No I think the HD pro version does everything automatically like my hideous 3. It was either the non-pro or the two version where you had to pick what performance you wanted from the app there's some people talking about it one or two pages before here. Erik
I just did a listing session between the new miso with dual lamps and my hideous three. And I use the planer my Tin P1's. I purposely use them because they're so damn hard to drive.both delivered acceptable listening levels with the hidizs coming out slightly ahead. I just did this an hour ago.the new meizu will drive a plane or and a very acceptable level. You won't have to take them off whereas the hideous got loud where you would end up taking them off

Dec 16, 2020 at 6:59 AM Post #1,782 of 6,468
I think the model of my audio fly is like a af-45c. Nice little buds.I got them I've been watching them on Amazon for a while they were $20 reduced for the longest time and last week they went down to 12 bucks so I grabbed them they normally go for 45

Dec 16, 2020 at 7:25 AM Post #1,783 of 6,468
Go to cirruslogic.com and you'll see that you've got the dual operating amps. They don't even make the chip with the single amp anymore. The master hi fi is the new Pro but it's built like the non-pro was.
I don't think so, the Amazon product page doesn't mention the op amp 1622 of the pro version:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Meizu-MasterHIFI-Converter-Headphone-Amplifier-Black/dp/B08H89VZKQ

And the Cirrus Logic website doesn't mention any dual amp on the dac/amp product page:
https://www.cirrus.com/products/cs43131/

How did you come to your conclusion?

Dec 16, 2020 at 7:31 AM Post #1,784 of 6,468
You guys are wrong. Yes it's built like the non-pro was it's built like s***. But it's got duel operating apps and I know it does. Just ask my P1's. And yes I've been to cirruslogic.com. and read that Master Hi-Fi and the other thing that was with Master hi-fi and similar. 22 bucks it's pretty damn good. I've got the charm tech which is also the dos mix coming I've got the dco 3 coming. And you can still buy the pro for 35 to $39 on AliExpress. There's at least four stores selling Pro yes the pro. Anyhow thanks for the info. Erik
As far as I can tell, whatever is on Cirrus Logic's website concerning the CS43131 chip is what is in both the Meizu HiFi dac pro and non-pro. Whether the CS43131 chip in itself does have "dual" INTEGRATED amps or not is unclear (highly doubt as it's not stated anywhere), but the pro does have a separate DEDICATED opamp. This is all a bit confusing but buyers can research for themselves. I've only stated what I know. But you can't really say it has dual amps because it drives your P1s well. Look up on these, both pro and non-pro have been measured and compared and they actually have much more power than the "30mw @ 32ohms" stated. And there are no more pro versions on AliExpress. The sellers still leave the listings there. When you click on it, only the non-pro is available as has been for a while now. If you do see any though, by all means share a link.
Plus I think if Meizu releases a new dongle, it'll on AliExpress shelves long before it hits Amazon. Again, I believe this is the Meizu HiFi non-pro and I completely agree with you they sound superb. You can ask the Amazon seller just to clarify though. Seems it's officially sold by Meizu. I'd have done that but I don't have an account.

On a side note, the Hidizs S3 uses a Cirrus Logic CS42L42 chip.

Dec 16, 2020 at 7:34 AM Post #1,785 of 6,468
I don't think so, the Amazon product page doesn't mention the op amp 1622 of the pro version:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Meizu-MasterHIFI-Converter-Headphone-Amplifier-Black/dp/B08H89VZKQ

And the Cirrus Logic website doesn't mention any dual amp on the dac/amp product page:
https://www.cirrus.com/products/cs43131/

How did you come to your conclusion?
I'm going to click your links.you didn't see where it has dual amps at Cirrus I don't know how to do links I'm old..and Amazon you know how they have the description right under on the right hand side of the product and it goes down.you know it'll talk about the product and then it goes down and says what it does it blatantly says dual amp. I'll go to Amazon click my order see if I can save that page .somehow. I'm going to click your links real quick then go to Amazon and I'll be back and who cares I'm just telling you the thing freaking rocks it's just built like s*** but it rocks. The one I got. My hidizs 3:
As far as I can tell, whatever is on Cirrus Logic's website concerning the CS43131 chip is what is in both the Meizu HiFi dac pro and non-pro. Whether the CS43131 chip in itself does have "dual" INTEGRATED amps or not is unclear (highly doubt as it's not stated anywhere), but the pro does have a separate DEDICATED opamp. This is all a bit confusing but buyers can research for themselves. I've only stated what I know. But you can't really say it has dual amps because it drives your P1s well. Look up on these, both pro and non-pro have been measured and compared and they actually have much more power than the "30mw @ 32ohms" stated. And there are no more pro versions on AliExpress. The sellers still leave the listings there. When you click on it, only the non-pro is available as has been for a while now. If you do see any though, by all means share a link.
Plus I think if Meizu releases a new dongle, it'll on AliExpress shelves long before it hits Amazon. Again, I believe this is the Meizu HiFi non-pro and I completely agree with you they sound superb. You can ask the Amazon seller just to clarify though. Seems it's officially sold by Meizu. I'd have done that but I don't have an account.

On a side note, the Hidizs S3 uses a Cirrus Logic CS42L42 chip.
I'm just giving my opinion and what I know that I did I'll check my work I always do I'm very anal. I didn't even really read this but thank you for the 4242.I will go back I was just in the middle of doing something.yeah like I said mine even said the first rail is powered 1.6 volts not 1 volt I'm going for the voltage I'm not going for the amperage. And then the second rail kicks in and I'm just telling you that compared to the older decks that screw*** thing rocks. But it's built like crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back