USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Dec 15, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #1,741 of 6,458
Just a quick addition. I'm very anal and I take care of myself like you don't believe and I actually have every box for every electronics I've ever bought. But things are bad and I'm probably going to lose my house in January I don't own it I'm renting but I'll be living in a motel so I can get something I only get $700 a month social security disability. And it's not because of not paying rent it's a problem with the landlord. So let's get back to what this is about the meizu the new one from Amazon it sounds phenomenal it's definitely a great item.again make sure it's the one with the dual amps the new one has a window why I don't know it's not like a light shines when the music's playing. With a flashlight you can see the chips which is all right you know whatever. But the build quality is horrendous if you're rough with stuff this thing will break in a day. My $2 dacs are built so much better than this dac.and I didn't think about that when I was telling you how good it is because I'm so careful with stuff but I thought about it and I'm like wow this thing is a joke as far as the build. On the opposite end my hidizs sonota 3 is built like a crap brick house. And I got lucky I got it for $16 with coupons from Amazon. And again they're pretty much exactly the same except for a little emphasis bass on meiszu. It's a hair but it's definitely noticeable. So again if you're careful with things the Meizu is a great buy. Again make sure it's got dual operating amps and the window that's the new one. But again beware it is very fragile I'm not even kidding when I say this. My $2 dacs that are similar to WXYZ chi-fi brand. You see them on Amazon they literally all look the same cuz they do they're all the same. I know ranging price from $2 to about $20. That built so much better than meizu so it's not even funny. So be careful with it you'll get great sound. And again she needs something that's built tough the hidizs 3, if you can get it with some specials get it. Good luck Erik
Some of the stuff didn't come out right it got changed by whatever this program is. Anyhow because I am moving out I had to get rid of all my boxes but I kept four I kept my hifiman 600 box, my senfeer mt300 box, my monoprice amp box and my xiaomi box.I'm going to use them to pack stuff and I can save them at the same time because they're awesome if anyone knows. So the meizu is a great buy if you're careful with it. If you can get it at a good price the hidizs 3 is great also but built phenomenally. up top I said it as the opposite of crap and it changed it to crap house. So what's another word for crap. So it's built like a brick crap house. It won't let me say it the right way. Good luck Erik

Dec 15, 2020 at 11:30 PM Post #1,743 of 6,458
But things are bad and I'm probably going to lose my house in January I don't own it I'm renting but I'll be living in a motel so I can get something I only get $700 a month social security disability

Hey, I know it's none of my business, but I wanted to suggest something. You probably have a decent collection of audio devices based on what you've been posting. If you have these kinds of issues, haven't you thought of setting up a Youtube channel with your own reviews? It's good if you will have them with a voiceover or just with some text, it's something anyway. Then you will provide your honest opinion, you can set up a Patreon or any other donation system(while not forcing anyone), you can even get samples from KZ, CCA and some other companies. So it definitely looks like a win-win solution. If you don't know how to edit videos, there are plenty of people who would be glad to help you with that. You don't need any fancy gear for video recording, most of the reviews are recorded on a smartphone and I don't see anyone complaining about that.

Dec 16, 2020 at 1:41 AM Post #1,744 of 6,458
Hey, I know it's none of my business, but I wanted to suggest something. You probably have a decent collection of audio devices based on what you've been posting. If you have these kinds of issues, haven't you thought of setting up a Youtube channel with your own reviews? It's good if you will have them with a voiceover or just with some text, it's something anyway. Then you will provide your honest opinion, you can set up a Patreon or any other donation system(while not forcing anyone), you can even get samples from KZ, CCA and some other companies. So it definitely looks like a win-win solution. If you don't know how to edit videos, there are plenty of people who would be glad to help you with that. You don't need any fancy gear for video recording, most of the reviews are recorded on a smartphone and I don't see anyone complaining about that.
[/QUOT thank you so much for your acts of kindness by trying to help I truly am grateful acts of kindness are the only thing that hit me anymore. I'm just so beat up that acts of kindness no matter how small opening the door for somebody just hits me people aren't kind anymore.p I'm not talking about giving stuff I'm just talking about being decent to each other. thank you so much for your suggestion I may chat with you again if that's okay ErikE]

Dec 16, 2020 at 1:44 AM Post #1,745 of 6,458
So the Meizu Master hifi dac on Amazon looks pretty much like the non-pro version.

But I don't really get the difference between the two besides the additional opamp on the pro, they have exactly the same specs, including power-wise (30mw at 32ohm and 6.7mw at 300ohm).

Anyway it sounds pretty good with my HD600 and I only need to go half the volume bar to make it loud. Nice clarity and dynamics. I might do a blind test versus my desktop setup (K5 pro) later this week for fun.
The difference isn't in the power it's in the voltage the two operating amps. And they made the first rail 1.6 volts where normally it's only 1 volt. And then if needed the second amp kicks in depending on the impedance. The bill is terrible it's a piece of junk. The sound is incredible!!!! If you're rough with things this thing will break in one day. But if not for 22 bucks this thing rocks!!!!!

Dec 16, 2020 at 1:50 AM Post #1,746 of 6,458
What @baskingshark said. The TempoTec is a winner
It's definitely a winner the only thing is some people have problems when they have to pick what performance they want.There's something you have to download that has three performance modes or four performance modes. I only glanced at it but It has something to do with if you want the phone to be able to take phone calls or if you want it to be fully performance for audio and two others that are similar to the phone call one. The sound is incredible and the power is pretty damn incredible for what it is Erik

Dec 16, 2020 at 1:54 AM Post #1,747 of 6,458
I'm guessing the Master hifi might just be the Western version of the Hifi pro. At least that's how it's called on Amazon. I ordered one, I've been curious to test one of these with my Quad planar.
The biuild quality is terrible. I have $2 dacs that are built better. If you're rough with it it'll break in a day. But performance wise it's freaking incredible!!!! Great power great sound.It's a trip what they're doing with these things. The only thing is there's a new one every damn day. Good luck Erik

Dec 16, 2020 at 1:56 AM Post #1,748 of 6,458
I just got the new Meizu Master Hifi Pro with the DAC Cirrus Logic 46L41-CWZR + Cirrus Logic CS43131.
For 24€ I can't complain, works well with Windows. On Android, I had stutter sounds with my Neutron Player. On UAPP and Spotify it worked flawless though.
No hiss at all!
That little thing is sooo powerful, I am using only a Moondrop B2 only, but it could easily power a HD800 or something with high ohm.

Output Impedance should be around 1 Ohm or even less, I guess.
I agree with you it does Rock the build quality is terrible though. Erik

Dec 16, 2020 at 1:59 AM Post #1,749 of 6,458
Is there a dedicated Tempotec/Hidzis thread in the forum? I cannot seem to find one.

I am having an issue with my Sonata HD Pro, wherein all of a sudden my phone only recognizes it as a charger. This doesn't happen with the other DAC that I have. Was hoping to find a dedicated Tempotec/Hidzis thread to see if anyone had any feedback about how to fix the issue.
I can try to help a little bit. You have to look up the model number app. There's a tempotec App programming download to choose what mode you want the phone to work in. Again I only glanced at this but when you open the app is going to be like four choices you can pick for the dac to operate under. I know one said something about the phone being able to play music and take calls and then the last one is called the performance mode and that's the best audio you can possibly get out of it. It drains the phone quicker obviously but not anything I would think of this unreasonable.I hope this helps I don't have the unit I just glanced at it because I like looking at all these things.

Dec 16, 2020 at 2:04 AM Post #1,750 of 6,458
Wait is that a different product from the old Meizu Hifi dongle?
Iirc, it too used the 46L41 bridge.
You're correct it is the exact same.It's actually better explained at the chip manufacturers I might have spelled it wrong but it'll get you there.cirruslogic
.com .when you get there go to their search bar and put in master hi-fi. It'll explain everything. Good luck Erik

Dec 16, 2020 at 2:06 AM Post #1,751 of 6,458
Is there a dedicated Tempotec/Hidzis thread in the forum? I cannot seem to find one.

I am having an issue with my Sonata HD Pro, wherein all of a sudden my phone only recognizes it as a charger. This doesn't happen with the other DAC that I have. Was hoping to find a dedicated Tempotec/Hidzis thread to see if anyone had any feedback about how to fix the issue.
There's an app you can download you need to look it up it has four performance modes in it. One is like the phone can hear music and take calls. Then there's two that are similar to that one. And then the last one is called performance mode and that's the best audio you can get out of it but I don't think you can take calls and performance mode I'm not sure but I do know there's an app. It's been a problem for a lot of tempotec customers. Good luck Erik

Dec 16, 2020 at 2:08 AM Post #1,752 of 6,458
There's an app you can download you need to look it up it has four performance modes in it. One is like the phone can hear music and take calls. Then there's two that are similar to that one. And then the last one is called performance mode and that's the best audio you can get out of it but I don't think you can take calls and performance mode I'm not sure but I do know there's an app. It's been a problem for a lot of tempotec customers. Good luck Erik
I would try looking up tempotec App. That should get you somewhere. Erik

Dec 16, 2020 at 2:19 AM Post #1,753 of 6,458
So the Meizu Master hifi dac on Amazon looks pretty much like the non-pro version.

But I don't really get the difference between the two besides the additional opamp on the pro, they have exactly the same specs, including power-wise (30mw at 32ohm and 6.7mw at 300ohm).

Anyway it sounds pretty good with my HD600 and I only need to go half the volume bar to make it loud. Nice clarity and dynamics. I might do a blind test versus my desktop setup (K5 pro) later this week for fun.
Tell us your honest opinion there when it will arrive, thanks.
Absolutely absolutely I've really been enjoying these dongle dacs. And I've been very lucky the only ones that had a problem with were 550 for two of them so I lost five bucks I can use them for parts. Yeah I probably have at least eight of them all together. Ranging in price from $2 to $22. I really wanted the 01

Dec 16, 2020 at 2:25 AM Post #1,755 of 6,458
Thanks for the headsup. Do u have a link? Am interested to get one if it is well discounted this 12/12 sale. BTW do u get any hiss or electromagnetic interferance when using the Meizu HIFI Pro with laptops/phones?
I'm sorry I don't have a link but they were running about $39 for the pro that was the average for like four websites at AliExpress. I'm not computer literate I don't know how to do links and stuff I'm an old beat up man. I'm sorry Erik

Users who are viewing this thread

Back