USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Dec 4, 2020 at 5:57 PM Post #1,696 of 6,462
Hi! Has anyone compared the Sonata HD Pro with the Dac Audio ES9018K2M? I have the latter which I like quite a bit, but I'd like something comparable with proper otg support and volume button. I have an SMSL X4 for this purpose but I'm not so satisfied of its SQ and signature. (Still significantly better than generic builtin sound, but it has sharp v-shaped colored sound and weak output) Does the HD Pro sound as good or even better than the mentioned es9018k2m? Thanks

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2020 at 6:39 PM Post #1,697 of 6,462
Hi! Has anyone compared the Sonata HD Pro with the Dac Audio ES9018K2M? I have the latter which I like quite a bit, but I'd like something comparable with proper otg support and volume button. I have an SMSL X4 for this purpose but I'm not so satisfied of its SQ and signature. (Still significantly better than generic builtin sound, but it has sharp v-shaped colored sound and weak output) Does the HD Pro sound as good or even better than the mentioned es9018k2m? Thanks
They are devices for different uses. One is a dongle with detachable cable and volume control, and the other is a portable USB DAC in the shape of a pendrive. Anyway, there is a small advantage for the sonata hd pro in sq and a big advantage in build quality and usability

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2020 at 9:12 PM Post #1,698 of 6,462
They are devices for different uses. One is a dongle with detachable cable and volume control, and the other is a portable USB DAC in the shape of a pendrive. Anyway, there is a small advantage for the sonata hd pro in sq and a big advantage in build quality and usability
Thanks, that's good to hear that the hd pro is even a slight upgrade. :) I would use it as a portable swiss army knife for low/mid impedance gear, mostly up to 80ohm, occasionally up to 150ohm. The dac audio is in my desktop pc and don't want it to move anywhere, this sonata would be the one I can bring with myself for the laptops, phones etc. For me the micro usb port is a plus, so I can use any cable I want and don't have to worry about broken wires or loose plugs.

I'm not sure if there is a difference between "dongle" and "dac" in my book, could you elaborate a little bit? I just want to directly drive simple earbuds and headphones like Taskstar Pro 80, Xiaomi Mi 2nd gen graphene and my diy earbuds.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #1,699 of 6,462
I just got the new Meizu Master Hifi Pro with the DAC Cirrus Logic 46L41-CWZR + Cirrus Logic CS43131.
For 24€ I can't complain, works well with Windows. On Android, I had stutter sounds with my Neutron Player. On UAPP and Spotify it worked flawless though.
No hiss at all!
That little thing is sooo powerful, I am using only a Moondrop B2 only, but it could easily power a HD800 or something with high ohm.

Output Impedance should be around 1 Ohm or even less, I guess.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #1,700 of 6,462
I just got the new Meizu Master Hifi Pro with the DAC Cirrus Logic 46L41-CWZR + Cirrus Logic CS43131.
For 24€ I can't complain, works well with Windows. On Android, I had stutter sounds with my Neutron Player. On UAPP and Spotify it worked flawless though.
No hiss at all!
That little thing is sooo powerful, I am using only a Moondrop B2 only, but it could easily power a HD800 or something with high ohm.

Output Impedance should be around 1 Ohm or even less, I guess.
Wait is that a different product from the old Meizu Hifi dongle?
Iirc, it too used the 46L41 bridge.

Dec 8, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #1,702 of 6,462
What do you all think of Ibasso DC04? Is there any real meaning to it? Other than having a balanced Pentacon 4.4 output there's no much difference between them (it looks like that because of their specs comparison with DC03)

Dec 10, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #1,704 of 6,462
No, Windows 10.

It was working fine until this week now all of a sudden it is not being recognized. Thankfully I have another DAC that I can use.

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to contact TempoTec customer support? I have tried emailing two different email addresses now (the one on this webpage: http://www.tempotec.com.cn/en/5-Contact/index.htm, and the one on this webpage: https://www.tempotec.net/pages/contact-us), and I have received no response. I want to discuss the issues with my Sonata HD Pro, whether it is malfunctioning, etc. with them.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #1,705 of 6,462
Dec 11, 2020 at 4:08 PM Post #1,710 of 6,462
The dc04's Output Power is 195mW, the dc03's only 80mW
I am confused you understand that the dco4 is balanced in the dco3 is not. From what I understand the dc04 is not only 4.4 but 2.5 also. There's a small 2.5 hole right above the 4.4 hole.the biggest difference really isn't the power as far as wattage yes it is a big difference but that's almost always standard between balance and unbalance. The biggest difference is the voltage so that it can drive a higher impedance. I don't know if you guys are familiar with amperage or wattage for low impedance voltage or current for high impedance.that's why a lot of these dangled acts are having problems driving the higher impedance and they're putting dual power controllers on them.if you see they bumped up their rails usually instead of it being one volt now they're 1.6. take that new Meizu hi-fi. It has a little window it's 22 bucks on Amazon and it has dual amperage controllers separate from the deck.the idea is the secondary is to kick in and give it the extra boost for higher impedance headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back